NFL Kickoff/TNF: Falcons at Eagles

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This game is a mess.

Falcons should be up big, poor playcalling in the red zone and some awful officiating that really takes the fun out of it. Both teams called for nonsense roughing the passer.

Edited by Jasovon

4 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

He had a bad knee at Boise that hurt his draft stock, his foot has been ailing him all summer IIRC. I don’t see him ever being a work horse back. I think shuffling three backs is bad for the rhythm of the offense. I suspect it changes in the second half.

When a team is rolling it’s fine, but it’s an easy change to make when the offense is stale.

I do remember his knee injury. Apparently his career will be cut short by that.

He was the work horse for Miami though for a while. He got 30 plus carries In lots of games and single handily beat Buffalo twice in that 2016 year lol.

Just now, billsfan11 said:

I do remember his knee injury. Apparently his career will be cut short by that.

He was the work horse for Miami though for a while. He got 30 plus carries In lots of games and single handily beat Buffalo twice in that 2016 year lol.

Safe to say they ran him into the ground and shipped him out. Maybe he proves otherwise, I just don’t see it.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

What the hell is the point of that "green zone"?

Distance to 1st down.  I don't need it, but I could see it being helpful for casual fans.  Seems good for girlfriends :D

BTW, dear whoever said we should have a 5th week of preseason, I think you're getting it...

8 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

He had a bad knee at Boise that hurt his draft stock, his foot has been ailing him all summer IIRC. I don’t see him ever being a work horse back. I think shuffling three backs is bad for the rhythm of the offense. I suspect it changes in the second half.

When a team is rolling it’s fine, but it’s an easy change to make when the offense is stale.

I agree but Ajayi is getting threats work and Foles is looking awful. They should consider trying to pound the rock after the half.

7 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Maybe I spent too much of my summer watching Josh Allen highlights but Matt Ryan’s arm looks weaker than it usually does. 

I was thinking the same thing about both Ryan and Foles.

Plus just stat wise.

Ryan 9-19 115 yards

Foles 11-18 65 yards

0 TD's between them.

4 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Well I’m going to bed at halftime which means this snooze fest will have an absolutely epic ending. Enjoy, gentlemen. 

Both teams look like ****, it’s a flag parade, the game is probably going into Friday morning and the Iggles are getting booed off the field the same night as they raise their SB banner. Welcome back nfl! 

I know there are other inconsistent QBs, but man Nick Foles is an enigma.

With the Rams, he was one of the worst QBs in the league, and there have been games with the Eagles where he struggles to lead any drives.

But then he had that MVP caliber season with Chip Kelly, and played amazing last postseason. Hard to figure out. Glad the Bills didn't trade for him though.

5 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I was thinking the same thing about both Ryan and Foles.

Plus just stat wise.

Ryan 9-19 115 yards

Foles 11-18 65 yards

0 TD's between them.

He threw an out to Julio, it was a completion but it took awhile to get out towards the sidelines. Couple other throws that looked weaker than normal. Get him some kale and coconut water. 

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Both teams look like ****, it’s a flag parade, the game is probably going into Friday morning and the Iggles are getting booed off the field the same night as they raise their SB banner. Welcome back nfl! 

But most important, is it because they Knealt for the Anthems!

4 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

He threw an out to Julio, it was a completion but it took awhile to get out towards the sidelines. Couple other throws that looked weaker than normal. Get him some kale and coconut water. 

Screw them.  Josh was raised on home grown wheat germ and cantaloupe juice.

Rocket fuel!

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

If that isn't a catch I'm turning the game off.

I keep wondering when my tipping point with the NFL will come...

I’m so invested in the Bills, but the game isn’t ever called logically or correctly, so what the heck is he point of all that investment? ?

• Like (+1) 1