Marrone wants “Zero Turnovers” from Blake Bortles this year

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

If you had a drinking game where you have to take a shot with every Blake Bortle's turnover......you'd be Otis from the Andy Griffith Show.

If I want to get drunk fast I would pop in a Gomer Pyle, USMC DVD and take a shot every time Sergeant Carter said "Pyle!"  I Wonder why Otis never showed up there when Aunt Bea stopped in for a visit?  

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

My favourite Blake Bortles fact.

Blake Bortles only averages 0.4 yards more per pass attempt than per rush attempt.

this is pretty incredible.  i'm sure the bills playoff game has something to do with this.

Is this any shock? 

This is the man that punted on 4th-2, from the Pittsburgh 36 yard line, in the 4th quarter, down by 2 scores so that he could "play the field position" when the team had a 3-6 record. 

He is ridiculously conservative and his team will never have a top flight offense with him and Hackett at the helm.

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

You think BB goes out and sits Tom down and tells him it's ok to throw an INT because it means he was trying to make something? And if the QB is going to wilt under a comment like that with pressure then he is not a starting QB in the NFL.

1) Yes, I do. And it’s shown in the playcalling and flexibility that other QB’s are given to call their own plays on the field. Brady, Roelisberger, Rodgers, etc., Nobody is telling those guys not to take chances for fear of throwing an INT. Nobody wants to throw a pick but nobody is telling those QB’s to reel it in and play conservative. On the other hand, you ever watch a Jags game? Bortles doesn’t get the same leeway to call his own shots. You rarely see deep shots. Marrone, Hackett, and Bortles are on another level of conservative than other NFL coaching staffs (which are usually pretty conservative).

2. Bortles is barely a starting NFL QB. The rumors were flying before last season about his short leash. Even though the team was decent, Bortles was mediocre. I would not be shocked to see Bortles go down the path of journeyman soon...

Edited by eanyills