We’ve claimed P Corey Bojorquez and CB Ryan Lewis off waivers and released P Colton Schmidt.

Plano

2 hours ago, DJB said:

He kicks left footed. Interesting .  

I'm pretty stunned we are going  with a guy with no nfl experience  

Belicheck loves left punters because it makes it more difficult for return men as more used to return from righties. I heard it reported somewhere before.

3 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Belicheck loves left punters because it makes it more difficult for return men as more used to return from righties. I heard it reported somewhere before.

If the ball spins its the reverse rotation that messes them up.

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Are you sure it wasn't a Fuccillo Chevy commercial you were watching?

Wait a minute.....I'm down here in Jacksonville, and there's some annoying guy named Billy Fuccillo who has ads running all over Florida....he recently bought or opened a Nissan dealer in the Jax metro area.

Does he have dealerships up in NY!?

7 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

Wait a minute.....I'm down here in Jacksonville, and there's some annoying guy named Billy Fuccillo who has ads running all over Florida....he recently bought or opened a Nissan dealer in the Jax metro area.

Actually yes. He has dealerships in Texas as well. Interestingly enough, he goes by “ Billy Fernandez” or something there. Apparently not in FLA though. The commercials are annoying, yet probably effective. 

5 minutes ago, westside said:

Minutes after he realises he just signed with Buffalo.

He might be the missing link! Not to having a winning season, more like the missing link from caveman to homosapians.

Shhhhh!  Be nice!

'It's nice to be important, but more important to be nice.'

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, DJB said:

He kicks left footed. Interesting .  

I'm pretty stunned we are going  with a guy with no nfl experience  

Punting is punting.  They can do it or they can't.  What experience is needed for that?  It's why kickers/punters come and go.

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

What if the rookie is worse?  How would the choice be defended then?

Last year, the Bills were ranked 13th in net yards, tied for 15th for punts inside the 20 and had 6 touchbacks in 79 punts.

If he's worse they cut him and get another punter.  Easy.  Maybe they bring Schmidtt or Ryan back.  Too bad Cory Carter got hurt.  Looks like his opportunity was real.

Edited by purple haze

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Why worried about the punter?  Because they just dumped the punter for a guy no one has seen punt against NFL coverage.  f the punter wasn't worth worrying about, why cut the vet?  he wasn't awful.

Its all about $$$

Even if it saves a little, it’s a very tight cap year and every dime counts. Save where you can, when you can and use $$ elsewhere when needed during the season.

It’s pretty obvious what they’re doing and the “chicken little fans” apparently have no clue about the big picture. They’ll use any available money at other positions as they become necessary, overspending at P is not necessary.

59 minutes ago, purple haze said:

If he's worse they cut him and get another punter.  Easy.  Maybe they bring Schmidtt or Ryan back.  Too bad Cory Carter got hurt.  Looks like his opportunity was real.

Yup.  Not a huge deal.

On 9/2/2018 at 3:55 PM, T&C said:

A good one and a ****ty one can make all the difference in a game... so yeah we evaluate them.

I personally don't think Colton was a ****ty one as u think but hey, hopefully this kid is good cuz he should be getting a few kicks in each game... 

37 minutes ago, HuSeYiN_NYC said:

I personally don't think Colton was a ****ty one as u think but hey, hopefully this kid is good cuz he should be getting a few kicks in each game... 

You're reading it wrong, I was just talking in general. If I Were to grade Colton I'd give him middle of the road. Who knows, maybe we have the next Ray Guy now. What really is the "kicker" is how we found/signed him... that's some covert stuff right there lol.

On 9/2/2018 at 6:02 PM, John in Jax said:

Yeah, the ads are all over the place alright but I'll give the guy this... he donates a lot of money to charities.