How did Foster make the team?

wppete

40 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

The main knock on him was lack of production and there were reasons for that.

I mean there was more knock than that...

3 fumbles in 30 touches... slight of frame 

bad catch %

falters in his stack and track of deep ball

Lance Zierlien head of NFL scouting reports has him graded as a priority free agent 

Mind you I didn’t list some of his positives like being extremely explosive, and a very good athlete 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/robert-foster?id=32462018-0002-5601-3655-3601824b777a

9 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I mean there was more knock than that...

3 fumbles in 30 touches... slight of frame 

bad catch %

falters in his stack and track of deep ball

Lance Zierlien head of NFL scouting reports has him graded as a priority free agent 

Mind you I didn’t list some of his positives like being extremely explosive, and a very good athlete 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/robert-foster?id=32462018-0002-5601-3655-3601824b777a

I said main. Every player has negatives.

1 minute ago, Sky Diver said:

I said main. Every player has negatives.

I think those are more glaring negatives than the lack of production . He didn’t have great QB play and scouts know that. But He didn’t produce a lot when given the chance

Bo Scarborough had little production and was drafted 

it wasn’t just the production that kept him from being drafted

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

I think those are more glaring negatives than the lack of production . He didn’t have great QB play and scouts know that. But He didn’t produce a lot when given the chance

Bo Scarborough had little production and was drafted 

it wasn’t just the production that kept him from being drafted

Whatever the perceived negatives were, he’s on a NFL roster.

10 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Whatever the perceived negatives were, he’s on a NFL roster.

And I wish him the best and hope he becomes a stud...

fyi the negatives are still there, they didn’t magically disappear because he’s on a roster. He has a lot to work on to become a true impact player

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

And I wish him the best and hope he becomes a stud...

fyi the negatives are still there, they didn’t magically disappear because he’s on a roster. He has a lot to work on to become a true impact player

The positives clearly outweighed the negatives. I’m sure he’s committed to getting better.

4 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

The positives clearly outweighed the negatives. I’m sure he’s committed to getting better.

I hope he Is .

but he is a deep threat who can struggle to track the deep ball. Not a great combination unless he gets it cleaned up which I hope he does 

Edited by Buffalo716

Just now, Sky Diver said:

Name them.

David Tyree caught one off his damn helmet. 

OBJ caught one one handed while getting interfered. 

Chris Hogan had a ridiculous jumping catch in the super bowl two years ago to complete the Pats comeback. 

Deonte Thompson made a comeback catch in a blizzard last year in the snow bowl. 

Stefon Diggs' catch against the Saints last year. 

shall I continue? That's the first five off the top of my head, and I'm still fairly intoxicated. 

3 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

David Tyree caught one off his damn helmet. 

OBJ caught one one handed while getting interfered. 

Chris Hogan had a ridiculous jumping catch in the super bowl two years ago to complete the Pats comeback. 

Deonte Thompson made a comeback catch in a blizzard last year in the snow bowl. 

Stefon Diggs' catch against the Saints last year. 

shall I continue? That's the first five off the top of my head, and I'm still fairly intoxicated. 

Yes, please keep going.

40 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Too many to list.

Foster is garbage. No idea how he made this team much less was active in Week 1.

Have you seen our other receivers?

That answers your question.

His competition is trash, just like him, so we really just picked one of the pieces of garbage, it really wouldn't matter which one we went with.

Just now, SouthNYfan said:

Have you seen our other receivers?

That answers your question.

His competition is trash, just like him, so we really just picked one of the pieces of garbage, it really wouldn't matter which one we went with.

He was the 12th best receiver all preseason. 

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Captain_Quint said:

Nice end around play for Foster in the first half. That's a good way to use him so he doesnt have to worry about catching it, running a route, etc. 

You realize how sad this is?

You're excited that our WIDE RECEIVER has to be used in ways where he doesn't have to WORRY ABOUT RUNNING ROUTES AND/OR CATCHING THE BALL!?

I really hope you're being sarcastic with your post.

12 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

You realize how sad this is?

You're excited that our WIDE RECEIVER has to be used in ways where he doesn't have to WORRY ABOUT RUNNING ROUTES AND/OR CATCHING THE BALL!?

I really hope you're being sarcastic with your post.

Maybe you cant read or missed the news, but Foster is an elite talent who has a top notch pedigree. He doesnt need to run routes or catch with #4.38 speed. 

I hope YOURE being sarcastic in that you want to pile more onto this young man's plate right now.