Per WR John Brown, he turned down a 3 yr deal from Bills

YoloinOhio

On 8/24/2018 at 10:32 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Interesting. He’s looked really good for the Ravens so far. Bills were definitely trying to get some speed at the position. Decent FA WRs are just always going to be a very tough sell until the QB position is solidified. 

Back in March, the QB/offense situation was much stronger in Baltimore or Oakland than Buffalo.  I’m guessing they made him similar offers - doesn’t surprised me to see he signed with Baltimore 

• 2 months later...

Numbers are in this article. It was 3 years, 15 mill

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2802398-smoke-rising-how-john-brown-went-from-cardinals-bust-to-ravens-breakout-star

When free agency opened more than month after he bought that Range Rover, the Billsand Raiders came after him. The Bills offered $15 million over three years. If he didn't like that, they'd give him a one-year deal. They wanted to make it work.

Then the Ravens came along, offering a one-year contract for $5 million. Smoke's old Cardinals teammate, Jefferson, sold the Ravens' culture hard. The thought of catching passes from Joe Flacco, a Super Bowl MVP, was more appealing to Smoke than the thought of catching passes from a yet-to-be determined quarterback in Buffalo. And a one-year deal is just what he wanted—a gamble on himself.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Anquan Boldin & Percy Harvin retired just to get away from us. Unless we draft them or scrape them up off the streets, it's unlikely we'll get anyone decent.

That's why you gotta give TO credit. Nearing the end of his career, he not only played out an entire season here with our poor QB's, he managed to be our receiving leader that year too.

• Like (+1) 2

He had 3 choices and we were his 3rd choice. No matter. We'll have to hope we can sign someone decent in a few month. I'm hoping we draft a stud LT from 'Bama in round 1, but however it plays out, I have little doubt we'll be much better in 2019. I hope our next stadium has a roof because I think that would also help to attract talent. How much, I'm not sure, but it can't hurt.

Edited by GreggTX

On 8/24/2018 at 10:17 PM, TigerJ said:

Definitely.  I'm as hopeful about Josh Allen as anybody, but an NFL wide receiver is going to want more evidence than a couple of quarters with a 56% completion percentage.

It's not the completion percentage per se that's the deal breaker - Allen has had enough on target balls dropped to call that it should be better

It's the average of under 30 pass attempts and under 140 yards per game that are deal breakers so far