Per WR John Brown, he turned down a 3 yr deal from Bills

YoloinOhio

25 minutes ago, JohnC said:

The mistake that was made was in thinking that McCarron could have been a temporary viable option. He wasn't. And to compound the issue McCarron made it clear when he was here that he wasn't interested in mentoring the rookie. So he was dealt. As much as people rag on Peterman he did beat out McCarron when they were competing against one another. Peterman is a backup at best. He was moved up as a starter because of  injuries to the two qbs ahead of him. Any team, not just Buffalo, is going to be in trouble when they have to resort to their third option at qb. 

I wish for the near future  that the Peterman neurosis stops. The raging spleen busting animus toward him is out of proportion to his role. I am expecting him to play adequately in the game against Chicago. That will disappoint many fans who are invested in his failure. 

I’m not talking about Peterman playing this week. They didn’t have much choice.

If the plan was to draft a raw QB then you had to have an option to play ahead of him. The fact that they believed Peterman was that option is negligence. They dealt McCarron believing that. Peterman has shown NOTHING in actual games to believe that he was a guy that could hold down the fort for a season or most of one. That’s not what you do with a raw rookie. That’s negligence. You get a guy with a resume to play for a while if you aren’t handing the keys to the rookie. The Bills hand was forced 1 half into the year. It’s been a disaster since the opening kickoff.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 8/24/2018 at 7:34 PM, bobobonators said:

Being objective, it makes sense a FA WR would hesitate coming here; cant blame him. 

So let me get this straight.  Free agent wr's won't come here until we have a stable qb. We can't develop a stable qb until we have wr's. 

Wonderful 

4 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

So let me get this straight.  Free agent wr's won't come here until we have a stable qb. We can't develop a stable qb until we have wr's. 

Wonderful 

I heard there's a workaround. If you pay them enough money they forget who your QB is entirely!

6 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

This is impossible!   The brain trust at TBD has told us all that $$$ is what will attract free agents to Buffalo, and nothing more! 

Yes, we've been told ALL the UFA will sign here and nowhere else because the Bills have $90 million in cap room. ??

5 hours ago, JohnC said:

The mistake that was made was in thinking that McCarron could have been a temporary viable option. He wasn't. And to compound the issue McCarron made it clear when he was here that he wasn't interested in mentoring the rookie. So he was dealt. As much as people rag on Peterman he did beat out McCarron when they were competing against one another. Peterman is a backup at best. He was moved up as a starter because of  injuries to the two qbs ahead of him. Any team, not just Buffalo, is going to be in trouble when they have to resort to their third option at qb. 

I wish for the near future  that the Peterman neurosis stops. The raging spleen busting animus toward him is out of proportion to his role. I am expecting him to play adequately in the game against Chicago. That will disappoint many fans who are invested in his failure. 

Where was it ever said McCaron refused to mentor? If that's true, Beane and McDermott are even worse then most thought cause it was pretty well known they were gonna draft someone as their franchise QB. Why would McCarron then think that wouldn't be expected?

37 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Where was it ever said McCaron refused to mentor? If that's true, Beane and McDermott are even worse then most thought cause it was pretty well known they were gonna draft someone as their franchise QB. Why would McCarron then think that wouldn't be expected?

I heard it on WGR on a couple occasions. I'm not sure if it was Sal C or Paul Hamilton. I think the bigger factor for McCarron's disgruntlement is that he was beaten out by Peterman, and he knew that Allen was the qb that was going to be groomed. Did the staff make a mistake putting Peterman ahead of McCarron? They competed and Peterman outplayed him. From what I have heard about McCarron he is an A-1 caliber of person and doesn't seem the type who would refuse to be helpful to a younger player. But he came here with the expectation to play and it didn't work out for him the way he wanted. It wouldn't make much sense for the Bills to deal him without having another qb in the fold. Something had to be going on for them to put themselves in such a potential bind. 

If one asks the question who is better between McCarron and Peterman my response is what difference does it make? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I heard it on WGR on a couple occasions. I'm not sure if it was Sal C or Paul Hamilton. I think the bigger factor for McCarron's disgruntlement is that he was beaten out by Peterman, and he knew that Allen was the qb that was going to be groomed. Did the staff make a mistake putting Peterman ahead of McCarron? They competed and Peterman outplayed him. From what I have heard about McCarron he is an A-1 caliber of person and doesn't seem the type who would refuse to be helpful to a younger player. But he came here with the expectation to play and it didn't work out for him the way he wanted. It wouldn't make much sense for the Bills to deal him without having another qb in the fold. Something had to be going on for them to put themselves in such a potential bind. 

If one asks the question who is better between McCarron and Peterman my response is what difference does it make? 

Yeah, I’ve heard it referenced that Beane has said McCarron wasn’t what they thought he’d be. Still, I blame them for putting too much weight on the meaningless preseason. While McCarron’s body of work was limited, they brought him in for a reason. It’s possible he could have started the first 8 games or so. They’d have been better off giving McCarron the benefit of the doubt and waiving the Peterman. He probably would still have been available if an emergency situation came about. 

7 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Yeah, I’ve heard it referenced that Beane has said McCarron wasn’t what they thought he’d be. Still, I blame them for putting too much weight on the meaningless preseason. While McCarron’s body of work was limited, they brought him in for a reason. It’s possible he could have started the first 8 games or so. They’d have been better off giving McCarron the benefit of the doubt and waiving the Peterman. He probably would still have been available if an emergency situation came about. 

I also would have kept AJM

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

Let's not get carried away with the McCarron legacy. He was on the free agent market last year. No other team was interested in him. McDermmott had an open competition between Peterman and McCarron. Although McCarron had an injury Peterman won him out in their competition. I'm not getting hung up on who was the better option because I don't see a major difference between them. Allen is our qb in the very near future. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

Let's not get carried away with the McCarron legacy. He was on the free agent market last year. No other team was interested in him. McDermmott had an open competition between Peterman and McCarron. Although McCarron had an injury Peterman won him out in their competition. I'm not getting hung up on who was the better option because I don't see a major difference between them. Allen is our qb in the very near future. 

Oh I’m not enthralled with McCarron in any way and there is no legacy. However, he did start and finish a playoff game a couple years ago among a few other games. Peterman can’t even finish a game , he’s just absolutely horrible and doesn’t belong in the league. Preseason just doesn’t mean a thing. I hope Allen works out, but it’s pretty clear he was far too raw a prospect to be starting right away. Maybe not even this year. The situation couldn’t have been handled any worse. 

5 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Oh I’m not enthralled with McCarron in any way and there is no legacy. However, he did start and finish a playoff game a couple years ago among a few other games. Peterman can’t even finish a game , he’s just absolutely horrible and doesn’t belong in the league. Preseason just doesn’t mean a thing. I hope Allen works out, but it’s pretty clear he was far too raw a prospect to be starting right away. Maybe not even this year. The situation couldn’t have been handled any worse. 

As I stated in other posts the mistake that was made was another qb should have been brought in as a bridge qb. But the issue comes down to who else could have been brought in? I'm not sure any other viable options were available. The irony is that although Allen was thrown into the fire of play sooner than the staff wanted just maybe getting that early playing time will accelerate his development? For me debating Peterman vs McCarron has little value. 

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

All of these backups are just here to soak up snaps until Allen gets back. He is the only QB they care about right now. All backup QBs suck. Hell, a lot of starting QBs suck. 

On this issue our views match. The hostility directed toward Peterman is disproportionate to his role. It makes little sense to me. 

I blame Gunner for leading this campaign for lynching the backup. I'm a little bit surprised at the number of people who are so willing to join this vengeful mob. :ph34r:

Edited by JohnC