How many WR's are the Bills going to keep?

njbuff

definitely keeping 6. Hopefully Reilly can prove his worth on special teams to get Holmes off the roster. Ray Ray seems to have taken a step ahead amongst our young receivers, but things can change quickly.  

Right now I have it 

1. Kelvin Benjamin

2. Corey Coleman 

3. Jeremy Kerley

4. Zay Jones

5. Reilly 

6. Mccloud

———————————

7. Holmes

8. Streater

9. Dupre

10. Proehl

11. Foster

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

Given Coleman’s injury history, I’m inclined to think they may keep 6 on the roster. 

Not to mention Benjamin’s prior leg issues as well. And all the unknowns connected to Zay.

1 hour ago, Rad Likes The Bills said:

definitely keeping 6. Hopefully Reilly can prove his worth on special teams to get Holmes off the roster. Ray Ray seems to have taken a step ahead amongst our young receivers, but things can change quickly.  

Right now I have it 

1. Kelvin Benjamin

2. Corey Coleman 

3. Jeremy Kerley

4. Zay Jones

5. Reilly 

6. Mccloud

———————————

7. Holmes

8. Streater

9. Dupre

10. Proehl

11. Foster

I like, nay, LOVE this list!!  

1 hour ago, Rad Likes The Bills said:

Right now I have it 

1. Kelvin Benjamin

2. Corey Coleman 

3. Jeremy Kerley

4. Zay Jones

5. Reilly 

6. Mccloud

———————————

7. Holmes

8. Streater

9. Dupre

10. Proehl

11. Foster

Speaking of which, exactly how is Holmes so valuable to special teams that he's irreplaceable? He has always seemed a very mediocre wide receiver...

2 hours ago, Rad Likes The Bills said:

Right now I have it 

1. Kelvin Benjamin

2. Corey Coleman 

3. Jeremy Kerley

4. Zay Jones

5. Reilly 

6. Mccloud

———————————

7. Holmes

8. Streater

9. Dupre

10. Proehl

11. Foster

This is what I’m hoping for as well.

would like to see one of the rookies step up and take Kerleys spot too.

i hope cam philips/proehl/Foster can do something roster worthy 

Edited by BakersBills

They Kept 5 last year. 

However with the new KO Rules I think you will see a change in how Back End of Rosters are built. Gone will be the bigger ST players and more athletic guys. 

So could see 7 kept. 

1 minute ago, ny33 said:

What is this obsession people have with Brandon Reilly? I’d rather have a proven mediocre receiver in Holmes. 

Because Reilly gives you what Holmes already does with Room for Growth. Over Holmes gives Mediocre play at WR and no room for Growth. 

Here is what I have so far. 

1. KB - Lock

2. Kerley

3. Jones

4. Coleman

5. McCloud

6. Reilly

7. Holmes

8 Phillips - PS if eligible or IR stash

9. Dupre - PS if eligible 

10. Streater

11 Foster - PS if eligible

12  Proehl

I would not be surprised to see McCloud on the practice squad unless he takes over punt/ kick off return duties.  Similar in height/ size to Kerley.  Don't count out Streater either.  I believe they will keep 6 depending on how many TEs they keep.  I wonder about Holmes who hardly played last year with the poor cast they had then.  If he makes it I believe they think he is too valuable on special teams/ inside 20 to let go.

My six would be:

Benjamin

Coleman

Jones

Reilly

Ray Ray

Kerley

I do like what Streater brings though.  I'd toss Foster on the PS for sure.  Work on his hands the entire season and see what he has next year.  I think there's some untapped potential in Foster.  You don't get open like that if something isn't good about you.  He gets open a lot.  He just doesn't catch a lot.

Edited by NewEraBills