Browns fans react to Coleman trade

Rigotz

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Board/105323/Contents/Corey-Coleman-traded-to-Buffalo-120415798/

http://thebrownsboard.com/topic/50613-cory-coleman-traded/

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2018/8/5/17654574/breaking-cleveland-browns-trading-wr-corey-coleman-to-buffalo-bills (comments)

Whenever the Bills make a big trade/pickup, I like to see what the other team's fans think.

Interesting stuff in here ... generally, they seem to think a 7th wasn't enough.

Edited by Rigotz

8 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

Whenever the Bills make a big trade/pickup, I like to see what the other team's fans think.

Interesting stuff in here ... generally, they seem to think a 7th wasn't enough.

Well... yeah. You can't get worse compensation than a 7th two years from now. 

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 3

How could they possibly like the trade?

A 15th overall pick going into only the third year of his affordable rookie contract and who has shown promise when healthy....traded for a CONDITIONAL 7th round pick two years from now. 

What's to like?

• Like (+1) 6

I saw someone equiv this to the patriots 1st round receiver (Glenn?)

I think that is accurate...he struggled early...had injuries.....and later on in his career made a nitch for himself as a reliable speed receiver who was not a pro bowler but knew his role.......

I wonder if ppl undertand just how huge it would be to have that type of receiver on the field at the same time as KB and Kerley (and jones?) running underneath the coverage that Colemen would run deep trying to keep him from getting behind them and a CANNON like the one Allen has with the ability to get it there.

• Like (+1) 5

11 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I saw someone equiv this to the patriots 1st round receiver (Glenn?)

I think that is accurate...he struggled early...had injuries.....and later on in his career made a nitch for himself as a reliable speed receiver who was not a pro bowler but knew his role.......

I wonder if ppl undertand just how huge it would be to have that type of receiver on the field at the same time as KB and Kerley (and jones?) running underneath the coverage that Colemen would run deep trying to keep him from getting behind them and a CANNON like the one Allen has with the ability to get it there.

Can’t mention Terry Glenn without talking about his catch while in college! Coleman is similar in size. 

20 minutes ago, Logic said:

How could they possibly like the trade?

A 15th overall pick going into only the third year of his affordable rookie contract and who has shown promise when healthy....traded for a CONDITIONAL 7th round pick two years from now. 

What's to like?

Cleveland....Turning 15th overall picks into 7th round conditionals since 2016

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 5

30 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Board/105323/Contents/Corey-Coleman-traded-to-Buffalo-120415798/

http://thebrownsboard.com/topic/50613-cory-coleman-traded/

this balances the 6th for Dareus trade

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

this balances the 6th for Dareus trade

Except that a 6th for Dareus was actually pretty good given his drop off in production, his off field/motivation issues, and his hugely inflated $$. 

A 7th for a rookie on a very reasonable contract is a bit of a question mark. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Except that a 6th for Dareus was actually pretty good given his drop off in production, his off field/motivation issues, and his hugely inflated $$. 

A 7th for a rookie on a very reasonable contract is a bit of a question mark. 

I wanted to trade Dareus but not for a 6. We got crushed in the run for 3 games after we traded him, which also led to the 3 game butt whippins we took mid season.

7 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

The fact we got a pick for someone else to pay his 16.5 million dollar salary still boggles my mind.

Because he can be one of the best DTs in the nfl if he is motivated and solves the one defensive weakness the Jags have. 

And if if you were the Browns, you are almost better holding onto to Coleman than what they got.  They must absolutely hate him.

Edited by C.Biscuit97
  • Like (+1) 1