Bills injury updates - Training Camp/Preseason

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Encouraging news on Kyle.  He is so vital to the Defense from an energy and leadership standpoint.  With him on the sideline he can still try to inspire, but nothing like if he is in the trenches with the boys.  I still get chills when I think of one of his pregame speeches last year (don't remember/know which game it was from) but he started it with "It's gonna hurt today...GOOD!  Because if I can stand with anybody and it comes down to an all guts race I like the Boys in Blue I can promise you that!"

EDIT:  Found it...hopefully this link works.  I suck at interwebz stuff.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BaVOAPQFDQg/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Edited by Johnnycage46
  • Thank you (+1) 3

46 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

I really do not think Kyle needs reps beyond the pre snap communication with the new guys at this point.

Walk throughs might well be enough till week one ?

I honestly think they need him out there mostly to help Edmunds.

55 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

I really do not think Kyle needs reps beyond the pre snap communication with the new guys at this point.

Walk throughs might well be enough till week one ?

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I honestly think they need him out there mostly to help Edmunds.

One saving grace might be Lorax being out there for Edmunds if Kyle misses time.  Good to have vets

On 8/20/2018 at 7:14 PM, Andy1 said:

Just heard the good news on WGR . They said his collar bone was not broken but bruised. This is fortunate for Bills. The Process can move forward with all parts. 

It may be a distinction without a difference. 

If it's a hairline break with associated strains or sprains, it could take 4-8 weeks to heal.  If it's a strain or sprain, depending upon severity it could take 4-8 weeks to heal.

9 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

A broken nose!? That about sums up yesterday. They got their butts kicked. That has to serve as a wake up call. 

Murphy needs to get healthy asap or the pass rush will be a joke again. 

I don't think the Pass rush will be made whole nor become broken over just Murphy , who is another risk pick up.Health obviously already. But we ar not sure he will come back from the injury 100% either.

Frazier is the One who makes or breaks the Defense imho

19 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

I don't think the Pass rush will be made whole nor become broken over just Murphy , who is another risk pick up.Health obviously already. But we ar not sure he will come back from the injury 100% either.

Frazier is the One who makes or breaks the Defense imho

Frazier can’t teach Shaq instinctual behaviors. His will be able to dial up some blitzes as anyone would but he needs some kind of threat opposite Hughes. Murphy does need to prove himself again even if healthy, I with that. 

I’m not holding out hope that anyone on this roster can’t get the job done regularly. Tremaine/Lorax are pretty good on the blitz but they still need a capable edge guy.

9 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Frazier can’t teach Shaq instinctual behaviors. His will be able to dial up some blitzes as anyone would but he needs some kind of threat opposite Hughes. Murphy does need to prove himself again even if healthy, I with that. 

I’m not holding out hope that anyone on this roster can’t get the job done regularly. Tremaine/Lorax are pretty good on the blitz but they still need a capable edge guy.

No argument with any of your comments Common.

after watching Sunday , i get the feeling Frazier and Co. need to do what we all talk about. Make best use of the talent. Which might be limited right now.

Hughes thrived with Mario on the other side. He was amazing and exciting.
Lawson is likely not that guy.. We are holding out hope for Murphy. But we really have no idea if can be That Guy.

driving me nuts btw. Star was getting Teamed a ton against Bengals and held his ground from what i noticed.  The other guys need to take advantage . LBs and Line

• Like (+1) 2

On 8/26/2018 at 6:03 PM, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...OL sure as hell tried to get Allen listed...........

He is tough....that isnt a question right now....hey! Perhaps thats what coach was looking to see. Can he take 5 soul crushing sacks? Lets moveplayers around and see....

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Commonsense said:

A broken nose!? That about sums up yesterday. They got their butts kicked. That has to serve as a wake up call. 

Murphy needs to get healthy asap or the pass rush will be a joke again. 

Shaq got stood up almost every play. I don't think he got past his man once. The only time he broke away from their RT was when the ball was handed off. Terrible.

23 hours ago, fansince88 said:

He is tough....that isnt a question right now....hey! Perhaps thats what coach was looking to see. Can he take 5 soul crushing sacks? Lets moveplayers around and see....

i think there was some of that actually.

Put him in a tough spot , thats for sure !

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

I sure hope Trent Murphy is on the field by Week 3 by damn every practice he misses makes me wonder. 

You're just now wondering?

Beane got snookered on this one.  Murphy clearly has no intent to ever play again and he got his last contract by pretending he did.  Get over thinking he is going to help in any way.  Even if the Bills coerce him out there he will just fake something.

3 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

You're just now wondering?

Beane got snookered on this one.  Murphy clearly has no intent to ever play again and he got his last contract by pretending he did.  Get over thinking he is going to help in any way.  Even if the Bills coerce him out there he will just fake something.

Boo boo groin?