lol radio.com app

18 hours ago, joesixpack said:

15 minutes of "greatest moments in sports" followed by Home Depot ad, radio.com app ad, WHERE'S THE SHOW?

I agree this has been happening to me for like a week now. 

Not to mention i always get audio cut off mid sentence to go to commercials. 

18 hours ago, joesixpack said:

15 minutes of "greatest moments in sports" followed by Home Depot ad, radio.com app ad, WHERE'S THE SHOW?

Ive been out of state for years now and tried radio app a while back. It was absolutely BRUTAL. Like you said, it was 15 minutes of garbage ads, followed by 2min of the show, followed by another 15min of ads (which were the exact same ones). Never again

24 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I agree this has been happening to me for like a week now. 

Not to mention i always get audio cut off mid sentence to go to commercials. 

16 minutes ago, chknwing334 said:

So ridiculous!  20 minutes of crap and commercials! My whole drive so far. 

Its horrible.  It’s always this way. Don’t waste your time on that garbage. 

I don't know if it will help, but I sent the following message to Howard Simon and a bunch of the operations guys.  I did this through the WGR website "contact us" option.

The move to Radio(great moments in sports).com was a horrible decision.  Was there any research or testing prior to this move?  I got in my car looking forward to training camp talk and instead got 20 straight minutes of commercials and "great moments in sports.  I heard the same "great moments" 5 times!  Please address these issues because I am far from the only fan that is extremely frustrated with this garbage app.  It is also a topic on twobillsdrive.com.  I realize you may not be the person to actually fix the issue, but please pass this along to those who can.

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Billsman623 said:

Even the on demand feature sucks.

don't agree..that's the only way I listen...and zero issues as detailed above. 

Now i will get crazy cranky if that is happening post game for the Bills

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

don't agree..that's the only way I listen...and zero issues as detailed above. 

Now i will get crazy cranky if that is happening post game for the Bills

My problem with it is that (at least that i can tell) there is no way to turn off "auto-play". If I finish one segment in automatically goes back and plays the previous segment instead of stopping or going forward. It can be very annoying when you are driving.

Has anyone tried calling the show to mention it?  I realize it is not something they control but I'm sure they can get the word out to those who do.  If it becomes an on air topic I'm sure others would chime in so they would know just how bad it has been.  Of course it might be screened as they'd probably not be advised to discuss any negativity about radio.com.  

2 minutes ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

Has anyone tried calling the show to mention it?  I realize it is not something they control but I'm sure they can get the word out to those who do.  If it becomes an on air topic I'm sure others would chime in so they would know just how bad it has been.  Of course it might be screened as they'd probably not be advised to discuss any negativity about radio.com.  

How would it get on air if all the listeners are hearing is the “Greates Moments in Sports” for the 9 trillionth time in the last 15 minutes. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

How would it get on air if all the listeners are hearing is the “Greates Moments in Sports” for the 9 trillionth time in the last 15 minutes. 

It would still be heard over the regular radio.  Cant hurt to get the word out.  Some of us jump back and forth between the radio and the app (or as of recently, lack there of)

This morning was awful and I did email the guy Jeremy White said to contact. Such a joke that corporate forces a switch from a perfectly fine service to one that is terrible and literally makes it impossible to listen.

• Like (+1) 1

I agree that it's terrible when it gets stuck on greatest sports. What I do is back out 1 screen then pull down to refresh and you will see it update from advertisement to the name of the show. Press play and you are good to go. I do agree this app isn't good at all.

4 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

I agree that it's terrible when it gets stuck on greatest sports. What I do is back out 1 screen then pull down to refresh and you will see it update from advertisement to the name of the show. Press play and you are good to go. I do agree this app isn't good at all.

It does it on the website as well, it's rubbish

Hum...I haven't had any issues with this app at all.  Weird.  I use the app daily and have never heard "The Greatest Moment in Sports" spot that everyone is bringing up.

Edited by Mark80

2 hours ago, Billsman623 said:

My problem with it is that (at least that i can tell) there is no way to turn off "auto-play". If I finish one segment in automatically goes back and plays the previous segment instead of stopping or going forward. It can be very annoying when you are driving.

the old app went backwards as well...why in the hell would it do that is a great question..stupid I agree. 

BTW, go into the settings menu, select "audio settings" and you can disable autoplay there. Works just fine for me. I would enable it if the damn thing went forward, not backward!

18 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

the old app went backwards as well...why in the hell would it do that is a great question..stupid I agree. 

BTW, go into the settings menu, select "audio settings" and you can disable autoplay there. Works just fine for me. I would enable it if the damn thing went forward, not backward!

Thank you! It was in a much more accessible spot in the old app. And I agree, no reason to autoplay backwards. Makes zero sense.

17 hours ago, wagon127 said:

Does anybody else have problems with, getting push notifications about breaking news, but then when i go to the app to read more about it, there is nothing there. Not even the basic headline in full. I got the pish notification a few weeks ago, abkut ryan oreiley being traded. But i had to search other place to find out where he went, and for the return was.

Yes and it is really irritating. Time to dump this app. This has been a complete joke the entire process. I was emailing them everyday telling them to stop sending me mails everyday about switching to radio.com. They deserve some significant revenue loss from this.

9 hours ago, Klaista2k said:

I've stopped listening to WGR after they made the switch to the Radio.com app. 

Yep. Bean counters will take notice when their ad revenue reflects this situation.

15 hours ago, CCC Bills Fan said:

I called the station main switchboard recently to address this, and I also called the Entercom offices near Philadelphia. I spoke to one person at the Entercom Offices detailing the problems I am having listening to the app. Nothing new has changed after calling since a segment of Schopp and the Bulldog today was almost entirely wiped out with the Greatest Moments in Sports on constant repeat. 

Do you think that a person in Philly took notes about this Buffalo situation? 

1 hour ago, Mark80 said:

Hum...I haven't had any issues with this app at all.  Weird.  I use the app daily and have never heard "The Greatest Moment in Sports" spot that everyone is bringing up.

You work in the marketing dept for Entercom don't you?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mickey said:

Why does it loop the "greatest moments in sports" thing over and over and over??? Its been running nonstop for 40 minutes. I give up. 

Yup...I heard one 12 minute segment from Murph at 1pm and then “greatest moments” the next 45 minutes...I finally just switched over to The FAN ...weird that station doesn’t seem to have any issue in the app

I sent my plan email to them and of course no response. But informed them they have a 24 hour buffer fix period. Once that 24 hours is up. 

The first time the issue occurs again 24 hour Suspension (I WILL NOT tune in to ANY Entercom Media)

Second Strike. No Entercom Media for a week 

Third Strike. All Entercome media suspended for a month. 

Final Strike - will not longer tune into ANY Entercome Media Again. 

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Mods can we pin this till WGR gets their collective stuff together?

I know they are aware of it because Tasker mentioned it this morning

What did Tasker say? 

8 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Something about they are hiring IT guys because of the radio.com issue

Well thanks for this, its a start anyways... at least they are aware of it. 

10 hours ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

"I want to talk about the RB situation for the Bills, Mr. Call Screener."  Once on with the on air hosts, give them both barrels regarding the app.  Even if they dump the call, there's another disgruntled listener lined up.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
Never attempt to type when you're hooked up to a high powered, non approved charger.
  • Like (+1) 1

I’m so pissed off right now. I tune in to Howard and Jeremy for five minutes and get a half hours straight of greatest moments in sports!I’m so pissed off right now. I tune in to Howard and Jeremy for five minutes and get a half hours straight of greatest moments in sports!

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

https://twitter.com/hsimon62/status/1022790962207174657

for those that are tweeting me about the app issues, feel free to email Entercom corporate headquarters. you'll find a link at their web site

I just finished listening top hour 1 of their show on demand, they talked about the fact that they and corporate are well aware of the issues, keep your emails and tweets going to Entercom, the frustration is being heard loud and clear at corporate and they are working hard to get it fixed. They sounded as pissed as everyone here, just could not say it as loud as they wanted...they do like to get paid and all