A Question About Friends Screening Calls

Gugny

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Has anyone ever had their call screened by a friend? If so how did you guys handle the situation? Are they still your friends?

I had a friend screen my call once... HAD...

i shot him in the eye with my B.B. gun ?

Edited by Buffalo716

I have a friend who I can be actively texting with, then try to call him.  I know he's got his phone on him, as we were just texting.  But it always goes to voicemail.

It hurts.

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

It's nothing personal.  I screen all my calls.  I have to, since well over half of them are autodialers, and the other half my family, and I don't want to talk to my family...

Yep, I screen all my calls as well.  It has not made for hard feelings as most people know that I do this.

Does this friend have you saved as a contact? If they do then they know it is you calling & they are avoiding you.

Ask yourself these questions:

Am I a PitA?

Am I needy?

Am I typically negative?

Do I typically call only when I need something?

Did I !@#$ his wife?

If you answered yes to any of these questions about yourself then you may want to look at altering your behavior. If that doesn’t interest you then look for lower class friends who will overlook your many shortcomings.

I have a couple friends who I text with on a regular basis. Sometimes they don't respond and I know they received my text and read it. If they read my text and fail to respond, are they really good friends? I don't know. Granted, the cell reception is pretty bad in their areas (one is in a correctional facility and another works underground in a coal mine). I'm just confused and would appreciate some guidance.

49 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

It's nothing personal.  I screen all my calls.  I have to, since well over half of them are autodialers, and the other half my family, and I don't want to talk to my family...

I legit read this as '...since well over half of them are pedophiles'

Just now, GoBills808 said:

I legit read this as '...since well over half of them are pedophiles'

They could be, I don't really know.  

14 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Does this friend have you saved as a contact? If they do then they know it is you calling & they are avoiding you.

Am I a PitA?

Am I needy?

Am I typically negative?

Did I !@#$ his wife?

If you answered yes to any of these questions about yourself then you may want to look at altering your behavior. If that doesn’t interest you then look for lower class friends who will overlook your many shortcomings.

You forgot "Does he owe me money?"

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Am I a PitA?

Am I needy?

Am I typically negative?

Did I !@#$ his wife?

I'm using post # 18,000 to tell you to !@#$ off.

!@#$ off.

2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

and I don't want to talk to my family...

I took that route until my sister committed suicide in January...now I call my family just to check in.Just before my father in law passed away in April,I would give him a shout out once every few days if i didn't get to see him. We got some good conversation in before he was top far gone to talk or even be aware of his surroundings.

• Sad 1

Where are they when they don’t answer your calls? It’s frustrating to get my son on the phone. Texting is fine, but talking is an imposition. He might be out somewhere, he might have friends over, he might be someplace noisy, he might be somewhere with no privacy, etc. 

If I want to talk to him, I usually text him and ask him to call me as soon as it’s convenient for him. That drives my wife crazy, but it works and it doesn’t get him upset or flustered. 

Edited by Gray Beard
  • Like (+1) 1

i constantly screen calls, even if they are friends, sometimes i am simply not in the mood to chat....usually i will make up an excuse like i was in the bathroom or in a high level meeting via text...hopefully i haven't offended anyone, it was more my mood than not wanting to talk to them specifically

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

i constantly screen calls, even if they are friends, sometimes i am simply not in the mood to chat....usually i will make up an excuse like i was in the bathroom or in a high level meeting via text...hopefully i haven't offended anyone, it was more my mood than not wanting to talk to them specifically

High level business meeting ???

constantly use that one!

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, The Poojer said:

In the bathroom is the only time I text.??‍♂️

By the way, you didn't respond to my last message?!?!

4 hours ago, The Poojer said:

I texted you over a week ago and you never responded!

11 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

High level business meeting ???

When I'm in a high level business meeting, I simply text:

HLBM

They seem to understand that, although initially, the last two letters caused some confusion.

When I'm in a very high level business meeting I have to turn my phone off because, well, the meeting is just to high level.

30 minutes ago, sherpa said:

When I'm in a high level business meeting, I simply text:

HLBM

They seem to understand that, although initially, the last two letters caused some confusion.

When I'm in a very high level business meeting I have to turn my phone off because, well, the meeting is just to high level.

If you had the meeting on the first floor you would not be in very high level meeting. ?

9 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Once I called my wife and she screened my call and hit decline.

She was at the park with my kid, I pulled up in my car, saw her and called.  Saw her ignore it.  I was about to go home and pack her bags.

Ironic that you had a family vacation planned for that exact day.

• Haha (+1) 1

I only answer the phone if it's a sibling or parent.  text me otherwise. 

I did exclude the wife there.   She always sends that "I'm out of work" feeler text, if i respond right away she calls me.   if not she knows i'm doing something around the house. 

Edited by Soda Popinski

On 7/24/2018 at 1:01 PM, DC Tom said:

This is exactly right.  I would only add that I don't want to talk to my friends either.  I'll talk to you when we are face to face.  Otherwise, text or email me.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/24/2018 at 1:49 PM, Just Jack said:

Maybe they were somewhere that they couldn’t pick up the call, like in a public bathroom. 

I would MUCH prefer that they NOT pick up the phone. Guys having conversations from Inside their stall is.....just not right. 

But I’ll text all day long from the can.   ?

Guess where I am right now! 

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

I would MUCH prefer that they NOT pick up the phone. Guys having conversations from Inside their stall is.....just not right. 

But I’ll text all day long from the can.   ?

Guess where I am right now! 

Now is the time to communicate with Boyst. Dropping a load while your fingers are doing the talking is productive multi-tasking. Versatility is a valued attribute whether you are a city slicker or live on a farm. ?

11 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Now is the time to communicate with Boyst. Dropping a load while your fingers are doing the talking is productive multi-tasking. Versatility is a valued attribute whether you are a city slicker or live on a farm. ?

Well, I was actually between stages of making my salmon cakes for dinner in the kitchen. 

This time. 

12 minutes ago, Augie said:

Says the guy having all the fun!  ?

But if you look at this stuff in any other way, you’re just doing life wrong. 

This hurt my feelings.  And you have been reported accordingly.

8 minutes ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

I find it funny.

I know, that’s what the chubby kid always says when nobody will let him sit at their lunch table. Don’t let that bully take advantage of you! @Gugny should also be reported!