Your favorite 90s songs

Ice bowl 67

2 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Sadly I never got to see AiC. NiN and ministry, yes. If you like those you’d love my iTunes lol

I saw NiN with marylinn manson. It was actually a terrible concert, imo, but I still dig both bands.

9 hours ago, Shotgunner said:

Standing outside the fire is top 5 for me

1.  Angel flying too close to the ground. Willie Nelson

2. Hank Williams blue eyes crying in the rain

3.  REO Speedwagon keep on loving you

4. Linkin Park in the end and numb

5. Garth Brooks standing outside the fire.

I've seen 3 of those bands perform them. Regret not going with a co-worker in 2002 right before meteora came out to see LP.  And haven't seen Garth yet.  Maybe @Gugny will go with me. Yuge Garth fan. Hed especially love HWJ as the undercard.

The 90's came in roaring like a lion(Nirvana, Janes Addiction, Smashing Pumpkings, Tool, Kyuss, Alice in Chains, etc) and went out like a lamb (Smashmouth, Louie Vega, Sugar Ray, Matchbox 20, Creed).  I want 1994 back.  Anyone in their prime in the 90's will tell you that was a great time and looks back fondly

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, DrW said:

Funny I saw Lush at Toad's Place in the early 90's.  My friend was a big fan and we ran into Lush at Bar in New Haven and sat down with them.  My friend asked her to sign something- Lush wrote- "Courtney Love got a !@#$ing nose job".  Lol

On 7/22/2018 at 12:42 PM, Pete said:

The 90's came in roaring like a lion(Nirvana, Janes Addiction, Smashing Pumpkings, Tool, Kyuss, Alice in Chains, etc) and went out like a lamb (Smashmouth, Louie Vega, Sugar Ray, Matchbox 20, Creed).  I want 1994 back.  Anyone in their prime in the 90's will tell you that was a great time and looks back fondly

Lambs aren't really NOT that bad... Actually, they are kinda hot:

On July 22, 2018 at 1:42 PM, Pete said:

I thought toward the end was just as good as the beginning.

On 7/20/2018 at 7:30 PM, joesixpack said:

Sadly I never got to see AiC. NiN and ministry, yes. If you like those you’d love my iTunes lol

Alice in Chains are still very solid live. Their new singer sounds a lot like Staley and Cantell has still got it. Definitely check them out if you ever have a chance, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

The new material is pretty good too.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Metal Man said:

Alice in Chains are still very solid live. Their new singer sounds a lot like Staley and Cantell has still got it. Definitely check them out if you ever have a chance, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

The new material is pretty good too.

They were really cool to see at Rock on the Range this year. Nobody will ever be Layne and they don’t try to hide that fact. Duvall definitely does an admirable job filling those huge shoes. 

If I was quicker on the draw I probably would've gone with something from Rage Against the Machine.

But I don't think Everclear has gotten any love yet. Could've gone with Heroin Girl, but I'll break the rules and go with a song from 2000 from a 90's band:

Another favorite 90's song from a genre I don't listen too very much:

My teenage years were 1993 to 1999 so my musical outlook was influenced by the 90's music scene. Mainly the indie and Britpop genre.

Oasis

The Charlatans

James

Ocean Colour Scene

Blur

Manic Street Preachers

The lost could go on but those bands and similar all formed a basis of my music tastes for the rest of my life.

Edited by BritBill

Oh man, I could do a 10 page thread on this by myself.  Will try to throw out some that haven't come up yet.  Shout out to the posters who put up Blind Melon Change, Sponge Plowed, Pantera Walk, Corrosion of Conformity Albatross, and many other great choices that escape my memory right now.

Jerry singing about Layne's addiction, then Layne killing his self-reflective part.

Finishing up with what may be the best guitarist of the 90s and his finest example of the talent, IMO, but you gotta get through a slow start.

Edited by Mark80