Your favorite 90s songs

Ice bowl 67

27 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

The Spice Girls would be my guilty pleasure from that time period.  Their music brings me back to simpler times 

Exactly. Even with groups like Boyz II Men there's still the nostalgia factor.

This still goes hard in the whip, ya dig?

• Like (+1) 1

The radio station 2 hours away plays an hour of 90s every weekday Monday through Friday from Noon to 1. I try to tune in when I can. They play a lot of Alanis, Sheryl Crow, and Jump by Kris's Kross came on the other day. Brings me back to much better times. The last awesome decade.

• Like (+1) 2

I'll listen to the 90s channel on Sirius XM from time to time.  I've always been partial to the early 90s music rather than the late 90s music.  IMO, late 90s music started getting a little cheesy.  It definitely changed around late '94 - '96.

2 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I'll listen to the 90s channel on Sirius XM from time to time.  I've always been partial to the early 90s music rather than the late 90s music.  IMO, late 90s music started getting a little cheesy.  It definitely changed around late '94 - '96.

I disagree. The entire decade was awesome. Music started to go downhill around 2004ish. The first few years of the 2000s were ok.

• Like (+1) 1

Soul Asylum- Runaway train is the most emotional song of the 90s. That song reminds me of Summer of 93 listening to my Sony Walkman while riding my bike. That song was always on the radio that year. My parents moved in 94 so that song always reminds me of their old neighborhood.

The 90s are my wheelhouse decade due to high school and college years.  I believe the 90s was the last great decade of music (it took a turn for the worse in the early/mid 00s when downloads and trying for the homerun single consumed the industry and it went 100% commercial).

Favorite Song?

Probably the entirety of the Alice in Chains Unplugged session

maybe my favorite 1 hit wonder

2 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Probably something by either Nirvana or Pearl Jam.  

The '90s aren't my thing, but if I had to grab one song off the top of my head, it would be "Even Flow" by Pearl Jam.

One of my all time favorite songs.

It's heavy, has tons of energy, wonderful bluesy licks, and moves forward like a freight train.  

I am the world's biggest Zeppelin fan, and I hear a ton of Zeppelin influence in Even Flow, which is probably why I like it so much.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, joesixpack said:

It's one of three songs, I can't choose:

If you're gonna hold a gun to my head, it'd be Rev. Al of Ministry. I saw them maybe a half-dozen times in the 90s

Im want to party with You! I might differ on particular songs, but that is a !@#$ing solid line up!

Edited by BUFFALOKIE

6 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Surrendering My ManCard now, and NOT ashamed in the least...

Natalie Merchant was great!

5 hours ago, The Jerk said:

That song reminds me of 97.

I love the beat, tune and melody to Flagpole Sitta by Harvey Danger  and the Nostalgia to the song but I hate how they have to use the lords name in vein. If they Keep that out of the song it would be great.