LeSean McCoy allegations

20 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Honestly it gives her more motive to set him up. 

My 1st thought was it looked staged. 

I thought it looked staged as well but was afraid the bleeding hearts would scream in their closets that I was "blaming the victim".  Oh well, it looks staged!

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Not squatter's rights, but she probably has and can argue tenants' rights.  

Two things I'm certain of: 1) she's not trespassing - legally, at least, and 2) she doesn't have any sort of common-law marital right to the property.  Those two extremes are pretty straightforward.  Everything between is highly dependent on state and local laws...but I'd lay odds on her being considered a tenant under Georgia law.

Makes sense. Could see how it could vary greatly from state to state depending on what the criteria are. Could be as formal as a signed tenant agreement or as simple as rignts being implied with having a common understanding of living together. And probably every scenio in between. Damn lawyers. 

2 minutes ago, Steptide said:

If she was at MCCOY'S house, why would he hire someone to go to HIS house and get his stuff? How about he just goes to HIS house and gets it? Why would anyone hire someone to go to their house to demand their stuff? Makes no sense. 

Especially since he was scheduled to be in court the next day,  Swing by the house and get your stuff.  It's all very strange.

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Talking about marrying her makes her a spouse? :blink:  

If, in a common law state, a couple holds themselves in public as "husband and wife," they can be considered legally married.  A filing in court by one party of a claim that the other party talked about it does NOT constitute marriage.  CuddyDark is a moron.

51 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

He lived with her in this home right? In most states it becomes common law and you have to evict like a wife. 

Nope...

https://www.gadivorceonline.com/gapages/Alimony/commonlawmarriage.asp

Contrary to popular belief, even if two people live together for a certain number of years, if they don't intend to be married and present themselves to others as a married couple, there is no common law marriage. More particularly, a common law marriage can occur only when:

• a heterosexual couple lives together in a state that recognizes common law marriages
  • for a significant period of time (not defined in any state)
  • holding themselves out as a married couple -- typically this means using the same last name, referring to the other as "my husband" or "my wife" and filing a joint tax return, and
  • intending to be married.

Unless all four are true, there is no common law marriage. When a common law marriage exists, the couple must go through a formal divorce to end the relationship.

(back to top)

Which states recognize common law marriage?

Common law marriage is recognized only in the following states:

• Alabama
  • Colorado
  • District of Columbia
  • Iowa
  • Kansas
  • Montana
  • New Hampshire (for inheritance purposes only)
  • Oklahoma
  • Pennsylvania
  • Rhode Island
  • South Carolina
  • Texas
  • Utah
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, billsfan2298 said:

http://www.tmz.com/2018/07/10/lesean-mccoy-victim-delicia-cordon-lawyer-attack/

According to this new article, the robber demanded jewelry that McCoy had demanded his girlfriend return earlier. He had also recently changed the house's security system, and there were no signs of forced entry.

Still no evidence other than her testimony and accusations from her attorney, and the pattern of behavior just doesn't seem to add up to me. Why would McCoy spend a year's worth of legal fees, only to send in some goons at the finish line? Why would the accuser remove the security system? Why would the accuser's friend accuse McCoy of basically EVERYTHING recent NFLers have gotten in trouble for?

1 minute ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Actually, it makes a lot of sense if McCoy wasn’t allowed in the home.

Was he under restraining order or something?  Why wouldn't he be allowed in his own home?  Are you simply saying he wasn't welcome... by her?

1 minute ago, wiskibreth said:

Especially since he was scheduled to be in court the next day,  Swing by the house and get your stuff.  It's all very strange.

I am purely speculating here, but that's just too much a coincidence for this to just come out right before court. I smell fish

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

No, you don't.  If you're living with someone in a house deeded to that someone in entirety, and that someone decides to kick you out, you don't have the rights of a spouse, because you don't own the house as any sort of joint tenant.  You'd be considered a tenant, subject to eviction.

That's actually pretty straightforward real estate law.  Not a lot of grey area there.

This is not true at all. You have rights to the "family home" and rights to a "shared home". Even if you never marry. 

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Well at least he didn’t kneel!!! The nfl and some fans are fine with domestic violence.  Probably get suspended a quarter and pay a $200 fine.

You and Kaap should open your homes to it!

You seems to need to add Kaap to every thread which is against rules.

Just now, wiskibreth said:

Was he under restraining order or something?  Why wouldn't he be allowed in his own home?  Are you simply saying he wasn't welcome... by her?

Pretty much.

For whatever screwy reason, even though it is McCoy’s residence, she lives there and he doesn’t and their relationship sucks.

I will say this, there is a lot more we need to know but why would McCoy send someone to get his jewelry? Just speculation, but maybe he was afraid she would sell it and he has no way of proving it is in the residence to begin with?

There are motives, it appears, on both sides. We just need to see which way this shakes itself out.

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Nope...

https://www.gadivorceonline.com/gapages/Alimony/commonlawmarriage.asp

Contrary to popular belief, even if two people live together for a certain number of years, if they don't intend to be married and present themselves to others as a married couple, there is no common law marriage. More particularly, a common law marriage can occur only when:

• a heterosexual couple lives together in a state that recognizes common law marriages
  • for a significant period of time (not defined in any state)
  • holding themselves out as a married couple -- typically this means using the same last name, referring to the other as "my husband" or "my wife" and filing a joint tax return, and
  • intending to be married.

Unless all four are true, there is no common law marriage. When a common law marriage exists, the couple must go through a formal divorce to end the relationship.

(back to top)

Which states recognize common law marriage?

Common law marriage is recognized only in the following states:

• Alabama
  • Colorado
  • District of Columbia
  • Iowa
  • Kansas
  • Montana
  • New Hampshire (for inheritance purposes only)
  • Oklahoma
  • Pennsylvania
  • Rhode Island
  • South Carolina
  • Texas
  • Utah

This is only if you want to be listed as married. The rights to common law give rights for cohabitations and "shared" and or "family homes." You're only looking into the marriage aspects.

Just now, CuddyDark said:

This is not true at all. You have rights to the "family home" and rights to a "shared home". Even if you never marry. 

What?  What the !@#$ is this bull ****?  There is no legal concept of a "family home" and "shared home."  Real property is not deeded that way, and it's the deed that establishes the legal rights of ownership.  Where are you getting this nonsense?  I know you're not getting it from Real Estate for Dummies, because I know a hell of a lot of dummies in real estate, and they're far smarter than you are.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Steptide said:

If she was at MCCOY'S house, why would he hire someone to go to HIS house and get his stuff? How about he just goes to HIS house and gets it? Why would anyone hire someone to go to their house to demand their stuff? Makes no sense. 

He let her live there in Atlanta.  He resides in Miami according to news reports.  He has been trying to evict her for over a year.  Time will tell who is being truthful.

Just now, Limeaid said:

You and Kaap should open your homes to it!

You seems to need to add Kaap to every thread which is against rules.

Haha, you just added him!  I just pointed out the positive that the nfl and some fans don’t care as much about domestic violence as they do other stuff.  Unless I missed the Joe Mixon draft protests or threatening to quit watching the nfl if a guy who knocked out a woman got drafted.  

I really hope McCoy didn’t do this.  But there are plenty of Bills fans who would overlook it.  Some fans’ priorities are completely warped.

7 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Talking about marrying her makes her a spouse? :blink:  

It gives her rights in the courts. She is his partner in the family or shared home. What don't you get? This is why he has to evict her. If not he could call the sheriff and remove her. They can not remove her because she has rights like a spouse.