President Donald J. Trump's Supreme Court Associate Justice Kavanaugh

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

Is it possible that this refers to Ford? Or is this one of the other ones? Or another one entirely..... I'm so confused. lol

I doubt it, but it's not impossible. I haven't had enough time to dig into it for myself beyond the statements from the committee. If it is, then things are going to go bonkers. 

5 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

We don't need any action by any administration to interfere with the free press. What we need are more citizens handing out Pinnochio Awards. Fake news needs to be criticized and the purveyors of it mocked and ridiculed.

Agree to disagree. People have been calling out the media for YEARS to no effect. Time to bring the hammer down 

3 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

and his selfish anger infuriated her. 

Lol selfish anger. Someone accused him of being a rapist. If some woman accused me of being a rapist, you’re damned right I’d be pissed off. 

How exactly should he have reacted to this bogus claim? She’s a political hack and a liar. Period. 

2 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Agree to disagree. People have been calling out the media for YEARS to no effect. Time to bring the hammer down 

No, mocking ignorance will eventually work. We don't need to change our Constitution to crush the Fake News people because we need the people who are now dishonest to morph into legitimate journalists (figuratively). Mocking and ridiculing will do the trick.

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

No, mocking ignorance will eventually work. We don't need to change our Constitution to crush the Fake News people because we need the people who are now dishonest to morph into legitimate journalists (figuratively). Mocking and ridiculing will do the trick.

Best of luck with that.

:lol:

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

Best of luck with that.

:lol:

So, what do you want to do, put the media in shackles and violate our Constitution? Why do you think the media has been going apeshit to the extent that they have? They're being recognized for what they are and they are getting desperate. Yellow journalism comes in waves but always goes back out to sea.

7 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

So, what do you want to do, put the media in shackles and violate our Constitution? Why do you think the media has been going apeshit to the extent that they have? They're being recognized for what they are and they are getting desperate. Yellow journalism comes in waves but always goes back out to sea.

Hasnt happened in my 45 years. It’s always been ****, so pardon my questioning your concept of how to fix the problem.

3 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Hasnt happened in my 45 years. It’s always been ****, so pardon my questioning your concept of how to fix the problem.

You're not going to fix the problem by limiting our rights. The pendulum always swings back. You are proposing limiting our rights in order to make things "right". It doesn't work that way. Whenever rights are given up they don't return. Stand up for our rights, fight for them and we as a democratic republic can survive. Don't surrender the last 250 years of sacrifice because the MSM wants to do just that. All it takes is for us to choose to be in charge and not be whimps and we'll prevail.

• Like (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

You basically want to act like Democrats, right down to the complete lack of awareness that causes them to set short-sighted precedents that end up being used against them.

Good luck with that.

5 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

This has touched a social media meme nerve. My wife, who hates Kavanaugh’s politics, liked him until this week and thought he should be nominated. But then heard him testify and found him self/centered, thin skinned, defensive, and does not believe he is honest. 

I probed it a little (hard to do since we disagree on this), and a lot comes from her feelings similar to what you posted mounting roughly to “Men don’t get it.”

She doesn’t know if he did it for sure but she feels he’s a liar AND he does not understand the issue he finds himself in the middle of, and his selfish anger infuriated her. 

I see others offering anecdotal stories opposed to this. Just sharing mine. 

What are the odds that the two people on this planet with one brain cell ended up together?

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

This has touched a social media meme nerve. My wife, who hates Kavanaugh’s politics, liked him until this week and thought he should be nominated. But then heard him testify and found him self/centered, thin skinned, defensive, and does not believe he is honest. 

I probed it a little (hard to do since we disagree on this), and a lot comes from her feelings similar to what you posted mounting roughly to “Men don’t get it.”

She doesn’t know if he did it for sure but she feels he’s a liar AND he does not understand the issue he finds himself in the middle of, and his selfish anger infuriated her. 

I see others offering anecdotal stories opposed to this. Just sharing mine. 

I hope your wife gets to deal with a situation where she is very publicly charged with a heinous crime like child rape, which she did not commit, and as a result her life, and the lives of you and you children are destroyed.  Permanently.

I hope she is paraded before a kangaroo court, and has horrible slanderous things said about her.  I hope you all receive death threats.

And I hope, that if finally given a chance to defend her name, furious with the injustice of it all, you have the balls to call her selfish, and to malign her for being angry, and confronting the liars attempting to destroy her and her family for the sake of power.

!@#$ you.

• Like (+1) 4

55 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

You basically want to act like Democrats, right down to the complete lack of awareness

Good luck with that.

Here is the exact example that causes a free market, personal responsibility, bill of rights person like me to ask where ppl stand up for themselves. 

5 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

I hope your wife gets to deal with a situation where she is very publicly charged with a heinous crime like child rape, which she did not commit, and as a result her life, and the lives of you and you children are destroyed.  Permanently.

I hope she is paraded before a kangaroo court, and has horrible slanderous things said about her.  I hope you all receive death threats.

And I hope, that if finally given a chance to defend her name, furious with the injustice of it all, you have the balls to call her selfish, and to malign her for being angry, and confronting the liars attempting to destroy her and her family for the sake of power.

!@#$ you.

White man rage at its finest.

16 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Something I never understood with Leftist hate against white men.

Are you sure about your blanket statement?

What exactly is “leftist” about me?

Is it my belief in a free market? Maybe my belief in personal responsibility? Or how about my insistence that the Bill of Rights be upheld?

What, recently, about “the right”, has made you feel good, besides the white supremacy?

Be specific.

23 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Thurmal is an idiot.

Ftfy 

5 hours ago, DC Tom said:

You basically want to act like Democrats, right down to the complete lack of awareness that causes them to set short-sighted precedents that end up being used against them.

Good luck with that.

My thinking is to stop democrats from acting like democrats before they get the chance to. Because have no doubt: when empowered, they will.

6 hours ago, joesixpack said:

Lol selfish anger. Someone accused him of being a rapist. If some woman accused me of being a rapist, you’re damned right I’d be pissed off. 

How exactly should he have reacted to this bogus claim? She’s a political hack and a liar. Period. 

Classic: When he kept his composure, democrats complained that he did not display the emotional outrage of someone falsely accused. When he did display it, they accused him of (1) being self-centered and thin-skinned, (2) having a temperament not suited for a supreme court justice, (3) revealing who he really is - a man whose anger could lead him to sexually assault someone, (4) finally showing his bias toward the left that they knew existed all along, (5) etc., etc., etc.

I have spent the past 35 years in the investigation, analyses, and prosecution of violent crimes, to include sexual assault. I have also taught extensively regarding sexual assault victims  and sexual offenders. I have worked on behalf of victims almost my entire adult life and what I am witnessing sickens me. The shameless exploitation by senate democrats is bad enough; however, the fervent, national endorsement of this behavior, en masse, by a group fueled simply by hatred and rage, is, perhaps, even more disturbing.

God help us if this is the new norm...

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 4

37 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Classic: When he kept his composure, democrats complained that he did not display the emotional outrage of someone falsely accused. When he did display it, they accused him of (1) being self-centered and thin-skinned, (2) having a temperament not suited for a supreme court justice, (3) revealing who he really is - a man whose anger could lead him to sexually assault someone, (4) finally showing his bias toward the left that they knew existed all along, (5) etc., etc., etc.

I have spent the past 35 years in the investigation, analyses, and prosecution of violent crimes, to include sexual assault. I have also taught extensively regarding sexual assault victims  and sexual offenders. I have worked on behalf of victims almost my entire adult life and what I am witnessing sickens me. The shameless exploitation by senate democrats is bad enough; however, the fervent, national endorsement of this behavior, en masse, by a group fueled simply by hatred and rage, is, perhaps, even more disturbing.

God help us if this is the new norm...

It is, unless men step up and clamp down on this nonsense. We can't allow feminists to set this narrative. It's dangerous.

5 hours ago, Thurmal34 said:

Is it my belief in a free market? Maybe my belief in personal responsibility? Or how about my insistence that the Bill of Rights be upheld?

What, recently, about “the right”, has made you feel good, besides the white supremacy?

Be specific.

You being racist. Very leftist if you.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Thurmal34 said:

Be specific.

So, you chastise another poster for making a blanket statement and, then, make a blanket statement?

#Irony

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, joesixpack said:

It is, unless men step up and clamp down on this nonsense. We can't allow feminists to set this narrative. It's dangerous.

Feminists are not the problem.

The "new feminists" who think screeching loudest means you win an argument, parading around in a kitty hat or  vulva costume sends a "message" (other than you're a !@#$ing idiot), that "getting in their face" and paid for violence is acceptable to "win at all costs" and lying to advance a "cause" regardless of who or what it destroys  ... those lunatics (male and female) are dangerous. 

First and second wave feminists who fought for the vote, rights to own property, to initiate divorce, to see (and keep) their children, to have equal access to education, equal pay at jobs ... those feminists are not the problem here. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Good luck with that.

i just said this to my wife over dinner last nite.  How's that filibuster and the one-vote majority workin' our for ya, Dems?

11 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

First and second wave feminists who fought for the vote, rights to own property, to initiate divorce, to see (and keep) their children, to have equal access to education, equal pay at jobs ... those feminists are not the problem here. 

That fight is over. Those feminists aren't relevant any more. Third wave feminism IS feminism now, and it can be argued that it's an outgrowth of first and second wave feminism.

Exactly what right does a woman NOT have that a man does? Feminism is no longer about equality, it's about supremacy and I refuse to accept that. t

Edited by joesixpack

6 minutes ago, PearlHowardman said:

as i said during the hearing, Mitchell was doing a masterful job. she pinned Dr. Ford to a number of things and also called into question a good number of discrepancies. as we should find out later this week,  she made the FBI's job much easier.

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Thurmal34 said:

Be specific.

Your willingess to condemn somebody of a serious crime based on belief rather than due process

Your less than quaint racism against white people

When faced with an argument you don't like you turn to said racism as a blanket

Asking how I "feel" about a political ideology.

But perhaps I did mispeak by calling you a Leftist.  I'm not 100% sure where you fall in the economic scale of private ownership vs state control. 

But what I am sure of based upon your posts are that you are both a racist and a fascist.  Both of which traits align with today's modern Left

39 minutes ago, PearlHowardman said:

There's alot of homely in that post

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Thurmal34 said:

Be specific.

Sure sounds like your belief in the Bill of Rights stops when it involves white men (who ironically wrote it)