President Donald J. Trump's Supreme Court Associate Justice Kavanaugh

On 9/28/2018 at 2:58 PM, BillsFanNC said:

If this one week FBI pause goes through I think we're done with the outlandish rape allegations. The dems blew their load on that with Avenatti.  Instead we'll be on to the Kavanaugh is a blackout prone alcoholic allegations.

Right on cue..

mwtweet.JPG

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

In that middle clip, Ford says she wishes that they would have come to her.  Did they or did they not offer to do that?

Grassley did, and publicly so. Ford's claim that she didn't know rings quite hollow. I wouldn't doubt that her attorneys never conveyed the offer to her (after all, they were lying to Grassley about her whereabouts and fear of flying to delay and obstruct), but she would have had to be in a cave not to know.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Koko78 said:

Grassley did, and publicly so. Ford's claim that she didn't know rings quite hollow. I wouldn't doubt that her attorneys never conveyed the offer to her (after all, they were lying to Grassley about her whereabouts and fear of flying to delay and obstruct), but she would have had to be in a cave not to know.

If the attorneys didn't relay that offer to their client, would there be any recourse against them from the bar's perspective or no?

2 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Ford was not necessarily "in a cave" but was likely sequestered while her attorneys and Democrat consultants coached her

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I typically don't listen to these clips, but I listened to this one, and it has dawned on me that -- for the time being -- Trump is essentially the "wildcat formation" of today's politics.

Remember the game when Miami introduced it to NE*? The Pats* chased and ran and blitzed and no matter what they did, they couldn't figure out how to stop it.

Yes, eventually everyone figured out how to stop it, but not before a bunch of teams took some serious losses because of it.

The left is simply too stupid to understand that Trump simply LOVES this stuff, and more and more people are turning to his side simply because he punches back in a way no one on the left is capable.

9 hours ago, Thurmal34 said:

White man rage at its finest.

What does skin color have to do with it?

Please explain.

Edited by LABillzFan
  • Like (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

They did - in person or on the phone. Her attorney (the same attorney for McCabe) said he did not inform his client of the offer. 

12 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

If the attorneys didn't relay that offer to their client, would there be any recourse against them from the bar's perspective or no? ...

yes, they should be disbarred.

31 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

If the attorneys didn't relay that offer to their client, would there be any recourse against them from the bar's perspective or no?

It is certainly unethical not to convey offers to a client. As for recourse, I'm not so sure there is any, even if Ford files a complaint (which she's not going to do.)

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Having an experienced sex crimes prosecutor question her was a great move. The Democrats were trying to set this up to accuse the GOP of conducting a victim-blaming session. Mitchell took their crying victim routine out of the equation.

• Like (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Maxine, so many have come forward describing your abuse of power. I think it's important that the American people know if you've ever sought treatment for mental illness.

I wish her wig would suffocate her.

Girlfriend said she believes Kavanaugh raped her, said she was too convincing and the guy is going to hold a grudge so he should not be on SCOTUS. They should select someone else

Seriously considering ditching her because she won't listen to reason or acknowledge innocent until proven guilty matters in such a smear campaign and the ramifications of selecting another nominee is terrible.

One of the smartest and most educated women I know = seriously reconsidering everything about getting to know her further. It's abhorrent to fall for such a bull **** scheme absent of any evidence other than the """"feels""".

2 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Girlfriend said she believes Kavanaugh raped her, said she was too convincing and the guy is going to hold a grudge so he should not be on SCOTUS. They should select someone else

Seriously considering ditching her because she won't listen to reason or acknowledge innocent until proven guilty matters in such a smear campaign and the ramifications of selecting another nominee is terrible.

One of the smartest and most educated women I know = seriously reconsidering everything about getting to know her further. It's abhorrent to fall for such a bull **** scheme absent of any evidence other than the """"feels""".

Even Ford doesn't claim he raped her. Sounds like you should be feeling like Michael Douglas in Basic Instinct.

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Christ.

It's part of his background check, you manipulative harpy.  :wallbash:

I'm sure Maxine already knows that.  I'm also sure that Maxine is also aware of the fact that the bulk of her constituents and Twitter followers don't pay attention to details.

2 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

I'm sure Maxine already knows that.  I'm also sure that Maxine is also aware of the fact that the bulk of her constituents and Twitter followers don't pay attention to details.

Of course she does.

She's also not in the Senate, and should shut the !@#$ up.

Ford's GoFundMe campaign is well over a half-million dollars.

"Nothing to gain."  Sure.

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

Even Ford doesn't claim he raped her. Sounds like you should be feeling like Michael Douglas in Basic Instinct.

There are a couple of boiler bunny accusers in this mess, but I am not sure his girlfriend is one of them. She is close-minded, perhaps, but not necessarily a lunatic.

25 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

There are a couple of boiler bunny accusers in this mess, but I am not sure his girlfriend is one of them. She is close-minded, perhaps, but not necessarily a lunatic.

I won't disclose her personal info but she is hardly someone who lacks cognitive thought and experience I life; nor does she lack education.  She is an empath and someone who judges based off of her experiences which has been ****.

But she was 16 when a 22 yr old Philip Rivers made out with her.  ??‍♂️

2 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

Raped?  LOL!  

She's been sexually assaulted before?

4 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

Don't. The wife and I are polar opposites when it comes to any politics, there's very little we agree on. So we know not to discuss it at all with each other. And we understand that when it comes to voting, our votes will cancel each other. But there is enough other things we like about each other, that we know being able to discuss politics, is not worth breaking up. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Just Jack said:

Don't. The wife and I are polar opposites when it comes to any politics, there's very little we agree on. So we know not to discuss it at all with each other. And we understand that when it comes to voting, our votes will cancel each other. But there is enough other things we like about each other, that we know being able to discuss politics, is not worth breaking up. 

Yes, she's the one collaborating with the enemy, not you Boyst.  #Resistance

Polls out so far......Don't shoot the messenger.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/409093-poll-shows-split-views-on-kavanaugh-ford-after-dramatic-hearing

A poll released Saturday shows that Americans are deeply divided over testimony given by Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh and Christine Blasey Ford at Thursday's dramatic Senate Judiciary Committee hearing.

According to the YouGov survey, 41 percent of Americans said that they "definitely" or "probably" believe the testimony of Ford, who has accused Kavanaugh of sexually assaulting her at a house gathering when the two were in high school in the early 1980s.

A slightly lower percentage of respondents, 35 percent, said that they "definitely" or "probably" believe Kavanaugh's testimony, in which he vehemently denied the claims against himself while rebuking Democratic members of the Senate panel for not pushing for a hearing sooner.

When asked if they believed one side had lied at the hearing, 38 percent of respondents said Kavanaugh "probably" or "definitely" lied at some point during his testimony while 30 percent said the same about Ford's testimony.

The results were split deeply among partisan lines, while independent voters were almost evenly split.

Seventy-three percent of Democrats said they believe Ford's testimony, while 74 percent of Republicans said they believe Kavanaugh.

A slightly higher number of Republicans, 14 percent, said they believe Ford compared with Democrats who said they believe Kavanaugh, 11 percent.

Among independents, 33 percent said they believed Ford, while 32 percent said they believed Kavanaugh.

https://medium.com/@ChngRsrch/change-research-polls-before-and-after-kavanaugh-hearings-show-americans-reactions-7d5ec6fcfd49

After the hearings, a majority of people believe that the FBI should investigate before the nomination moves forward.

Should the FBI investigate the allegations of sexual assault against Brett Kavanaugh before the Senate votes on his confirmation?

• 54% Yes
  • 43% No

Did Brett Kavanaugh’s testimony on Thursday make you more or less likely to think there should be an FBI Investigation into the allegations of sexual assault against Brett Kavanaugh?

• 47% More likely
  • 25% Less likely

After the hearings, respondents found Dr. Blasey Ford more believable than Judge Kavanaugh.

Did you find Kavanaugh believable?

• 44% Yes
  • 45% No

Did you find Dr. Blasey Ford believable?

• 50% Yes
  • 39% No

Respondents have a more favorable view of Christine Blasey Ford after the hearings, while they have a more unfavorable view of Brett Kavanaugh after the hearings.

Dr. Christine Blasey Ford:
Before the hearings: Do you have a favorable or unfavorable view of Dr. Christine Blasey Ford?

• 44% of respondents had a favorable view of Dr. Blasey Ford
     ▸ 30% of respondents had a very favorable view of Dr. Blasey Ford
     ▸ 14% of respondents had a somewhat favorable view of Dr. Blasey Ford
  • 40% of respondents had an unfavorable view of Dr. Blasey Ford
     ▸ 32% of respondents had a very unfavorable view of Dr. Blasey Ford
     ▸ 8% of respondents had a somewhat unfavorable view of Dr. Blasey Ford

After the hearings: Do you have a favorable or unfavorable view of Dr. Christine Blasey Ford?

• 49% of respondents had a favorable view of Dr. Blasey Ford
     ▸ 36% of respondents had a very favorable view of Dr. Blasey Ford
     ▸ 13% of respondents had a somewhat favorable view of Dr. Blasey Ford
  • 41% of respondents had an unfavorable view of Dr. Blasey Ford
     ▸ 31% of respondents had a very unfavorable view of Dr. Blasey Ford
     ▸ 10% of respondents had a somewhat unfavorable view of Dr. Blasey Ford

Judge Brett Kavanaugh:

Before the hearings: Do you have a favorable or unfavorable view of Judge Brett Kavanaugh?

• 44% of respondents had a favorable view of Judge Kavanaugh
     ▸ 35% of respondents had a very favorable view of Judge Kavanaugh
     ▸ 10% of respondents had a somewhat favorable view of Judge Kavanaugh
  • 51% of respondents had an unfavorable view of Judge Kavanaugh
     ▸ 45% of respondents had a very unfavorable view of Judge Kavanaugh
     ▸ 6% of respondents had a somewhat unfavorable view of Judge Kavanaugh

After the hearings: Do you have a favorable or unfavorable view of Judge Brett Kavanaugh?

• 44% of respondents had a favorable view of Judge Kavanaugh
     ▸ 34% of respondents had a very favorable view of Judge Kavanaugh
     ▸ 10% of respondents had a somewhat favorable view of Judge Kavanaugh
  • 53% of respondents had an unfavorable view of Judge Kavanaugh
     ▸ 47% of respondents had a very unfavorable view of Judge Kavanaugh
     ▸ 6% of respondents had a somewhat unfavorable view of Judge Kavanaugh

After the hearings, a plurality of respondents felt that Kavanaugh should not be confirmed, and a majority believe Judge Kavanaugh has not been forthcoming about his past.

Should Judge Brett Kavanaugh be confirmed to the Supreme Court?

• 44% agree
     ▸ 41% strongly agree
  • 49% disagree
     ▸ 43% strongly disagree