Miss America Pageant - No more swimsuits

16 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Look for the tv ratings to drop or maybe have it not on tv at all anymore. 

Idk. People love a good human story.

If it's produced well, they'll be able to rope in plenty of viewers.

Either way, you'll still have beautiful women up there. There will just be a lot more depth to it, which the show has needed for a while.

They better be careful! 

It's not like people are tuning in to hear how each contestant would create world peace, or end global hunger.

You eliminate the exposed flesh angle and I'm not sure there's a reason to watch.

5 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

This is about to take a huge nose dive

What happens to these chicks when they hit middle age? They become bitter and angry. Carlson won in '89 and now can't handle she doesn't look as good and is all depressed. Has to ruin everyone else's fun.

4 hours ago, FappyTheClown said:

I thought the only reason people watched this in the first place was for the interviews.

I like pretty girls in bikinis, but they can leave them out. I know entertainment when I see it! 

Ms SC is still my favorite. 

• Like (+1) 1

This thread calls for a flashback to 2007.

Love the look on the host's face toward the end of the clip. 

You could clip random phrases and words out of a magazine, throw them in a hat, pull out 20 of them randomly, and end up with a better response than what Miss South Carolina provided.

Edited by Fadingpain

7 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Stupid 

its a beauty pageant that is no longer being judged on beauty lmao

let the land whale with a beat face win because she’s kind ? 

You don’t know....she may sew her own clothes too!  

My wife was born in SC, but I don’t think that is the reason she refused to watch that video. She’s seen it before, and she is offended by that level of stupidity. 

Yet for some reason we are still married.....

Edited by Augie

8 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Stupid 

its a beauty pageant that is no longer being judged on beauty lmao

let the land whale with a beat face win because she’s kind ? 

It's also not a pageant anymore. I think it's a competition or some more in line with the #metoo movement. Should go over like a fart in church.

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

It's also not a pageant anymore. I think it's a competition or some more in line with the #metoo movement. Should go over like a fart in church.

They will replace the bikini comp with a "Which woman is the most empowered " event.

Funny thing is many of the state pageants will still have swimsuit competition.

Saw an interview on tv on news with one of the spokeswomen who spoke on how contestants would feel so much better in this new format and wondered if she ever competed (must have been a long time ago based on looks) and found out she was a dyke who used to protest about pageants and now is an insider.

1 minute ago, mead107 said:

Should just do away with it.  I Have not watched it in over 20 years. 

When will the first transgender win?    

Maybe that's why they canned the swimsuit competition. Easier to see if someone is smuggling plums.

9 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Man, I thought that the headline meant that they were finally going to go full frontal. :P

That might have been the only way to save it. Go to cable or Showtime late night. I tried to show my SC born wife the Miss SC clip, and she shuddered. She had seen it before, and refused to watch. (I find it funny every time!) 

• Like (+1) 1

Almost as dumb as Playboy not doing nudity. That didn’t last very long....

7 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Maybe that's why they canned the swimsuit competition. Easier to see if someone is smuggling plums.

I’m mighty tighty whitey and I’m smuggling plums

On June 5, 2018 at 2:35 PM, FappyTheClown said:

I thought the only reason people watched this in the first place was for the interviews.

I just watched the entire video.

Fascinating!  These contestants are obviously receiving coaching help with the question/answer thing.

They have been clearly told to repeat the question in their answer as it buys some time to calm down a little and think about their answer.  Also provides a bit of a framework for their response. 

So in most of these, the contestant starts to speak, and for a while is OK, until they have to actually wing it and provide some type of answer beyond merely setting up the framework.

And that's when a lot of them just freeze, like a deer caught in the headlights.

It's kind of interesting to watch, in a train wreck kind of way.

Like formulating a coherent thought is new ground for a lot of them.

Edited by Fadingpain
  • Like (+1) 1