Are you a fan of Josh Allen?

Josh Allen Poll  

512 members have voted

1. 1. Do you love you some Josh Allen?

• Yes, that’s my guy now
    • No, I didn’t want him and I’m not happy

9 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

And to continue that optimism, we then trade AJ for a first and a third next year..

That's not optimism, that's delusion brought on by downing too many Fosters.

7 hours ago, Scorp83 said:

I'm a huge Bills fan...but I've been a Bills fan for almost 30yrs ... I've been here... I've seen their mistakes. & drafting Allen looks like a huge one.... this feeling you have is called "Bills Delusional Hope" I had this with JP...Trent... especially after Trent beat the Chargers... I was at that game, we were 5-0... man... what a high... then Fitz... his hot start was amazing. Then I had "Bills Delusional Hope" when we drafted EJ... funny how Mike Mayock was high on this Kid too... now I'm experienced... I don't go by hope...i go by what I see, I started listening to my brain & not my heart. When you have "Bills Delusional Hope" you don't see failure, you only feel success is on its way. That's a bad place to be

??????????  yea...ok buddy lol...smh wow ??

Well said on both counts, sir!  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

He now plays for the bills...so yes. 

15 hours ago, Chris from Rochester said:

I'm always a Bills fan first, so whoever is wearing the buffalo on his helmet on Sundays is the guy I am rooting for

Boom

15 hours ago, Klaista2k said:

After watching his games I gotta be honest and say I'm very concerned about him.

I really don't know how anyone had him graded out as a 1st rounder... Seems more like a guy you'd take in the 4th since he's such a project. 

Really? He played for an awful team with awful players surrounding him. It’s surprising he accomplished anything remotely close to a winning record, 50% completions and didn’t have twice the interceptions. His team notably failed against better opponents. His line was truly a sieve.

What points you to him being a 4th round grade,or anything but a first round grade?

Its my understanding he’s smart and knows how to dissect defenses.

This guy is fairly fluid,not the traditional mechanically sound QB,but fluid. Like most QBs that are under duress(him being under duress is an understatement) he forgets to be mechanically sound, doesn’t keep his feet towards the target and throws off the wrong foot. Guess what? Neither does Rodgers or Rothleisberger and a bunch of others.

A lot of his so called accuracy issues have come because he was trying to carry the entire team on his back. He attempts a lot of throws he shouldn’t, he was trying to bring his team back in these games.

Thats not a mechanical problem, that’s just who he is. That is a very fixable problem, especially with NFL coaching.

Im sure the anti Allen faithful will post video of him missing a wide open target, but is that the constant?

Doesnt every QB miss open receivers, and wildly sometimes?

12 minutes ago, dlonce said:

Really? He played for an awful team with awful players surrounding him. It’s surprising he accomplished anything remotely close to a winning record, 50% completions and didn’t have twice the interceptions. His team notably failed against better opponents. His line was truly a sieve.

What points you to him being a 4th round grade,or anything but a first round grade?

Its my understanding he’s smart and knows how to dissect defenses.

This guy is fairly fluid,not the traditional mechanically sound QB,but fluid. Like most QBs that are under duress(him being under duress is an understatement) he forgets to be mechanically sound, doesn’t keep his feet towards the target and throws off the wrong foot. Guess what? Neither does Rodgers or Rothleisberger and a bunch of others.

A lot of his so called accuracy issues have come because he was trying to carry the entire team on his back. He attempts a lot of throws he shouldn’t, he was trying to bring his team back in these games.

Thats not a mechanical problem, that’s just who he is. That is a very fixable problem, especially with NFL coaching.

Im sure the anti Allen faithful will post video of him missing a wide open target, but is that the constant?

Doesnt every QB miss open receivers, and wildly sometimes?

Take heed.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Scorp83 said:

I'm a huge Bills fan...but I've been a Bills fan for almost 30yrs ... I've been here... I've seen their mistakes. & drafting Allen looks like a huge one.... this feeling you have is called "Bills Delusional Hope" I had this with JP...Trent... especially after Trent beat the Chargers... I was at that game, we were 5-0... man... what a high... then Fitz... his hot start was amazing. Then I had "Bills Delusional Hope" when we drafted EJ... funny how Mike Mayock was high on this Kid too... now I'm experienced... I don't go by hope...i go by what I see, I started listening to my brain & not my heart. When you have "Bills Delusional Hope" you don't see failure, you only feel success is on its way. That's a bad place to be

In another post I pointed to people who do not know enough about what a good QB looks like to make the mistakes you have.

JP, Trent, EJ and Tyrod were not ever good QBs,they never were going to be good QBs.You fell in love with these guys,probably like your love for Rosen.

You’re a fan, you want your QB to succeed,that’s normal.

Youve applied past failures as your litmust test to the future results. I’m going to go opposite of what you have said because of your past, but now you’ve learned. You go by what you see,not because you’re a homer.

So, what is it you see? Is it independent thought or are you listening to the clowns on sports talk radio?

Give us something better than a 56% completion rate. The difference between 56% and 60% is minimal.

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Scorp83 said:

We weren’t 5-0 when we beat the Chargers.  We lost to Arizona when Trent got decapitated by Adrain Wilson.  I was at the Arizona game.  I’ve been a Bills fan longer than 30years and yes, I remember those feelings as well.  One thing I’ve learned in over 30years of being a Bills fan......I will always have hope. 

1 hour ago, SoTier said:

The poll needs a third option for us skeptics, something like, "I'll wait to see what he can do before I commit to loving or hating him."

Then make your own fence.  My fence is electric barbed wire. 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, dlonce said:

Give us something better than a 56% completion rate. The difference between 56% and 60% is minimal.

Too bad he's never been able to accomplish it. As to explaining why his completion rate is so low, some call it analysis some call it excuses.

1 hour ago, SoTier said:

The poll needs a third option for us skeptics, something like, "I'll wait to see what he can do before I commit to loving or hating him."

This context could be made for any rookie coming into the league.  If he works out, I will love him and say I knew he would be great all along or if he is bad I will hate him say I told you so.  There are no guarantees.  I like what I have seen from both Beane and McDermott since they took over especially in comparing them to the regimes that preceeded them.  They wont be right 100 % of the time, but if they are right more than they are wrong, it should lead to a very successful football team...maybe even a great one.  I trust their judgement and if this means I am drinking the Kool-Aid then so be it.

Edited by Magnum Force

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Take heed.

It may not have been a factor in Boller's case. It may or may not be a factor in Allen's case. Not really sure how anything regarding Kyle Boller is relevant to Josh Allen. Completely different people in completely different circumstances.

3 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

It may not have been a factor in Boller's case. It may or may not be a factor in Allen's case. Not really sure how anything regarding Kyle Boller is relevant to Josh Allen. Completely different people in completely different circumstances.

You either get the surrounding talent excuse should not be used or you don't. That said, let's hope he overcomes all of his shortcomings to be the franchise QB the Bills have long needed. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

CFB passing has changed quite a bit since 1982.  More recent examples should be used for the purposes of comparison.

How about Russell Wilson for his 3 years at North Carolina State prior to transferring to Wisconsin for his Senior Year?

Just now, Magnum Force said:

How about Russell Wilson for his 3 years at North Carolina State prior to transferring to Wisconsin for his Senior Year?

He really blossomed at Wisconsin as a Senior before he was drafted. 

24 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

You either get the surrounding talent excuse should not be used or you don't. That said, let's hope he overcomes all of his shortcomings to be the franchise QB the Bills have long needed. 

The truth is, nobody knows how much of a factor it was in either case and there is no real way to measure it. So, it really is no more than opinion one way or the other, which is fine. I do agree that all anyone can do at this point is hope he becomes our franchise QB.

17 hours ago, Luka said:

I was a fan of Tyrod until he gave me a reason not to be. Allen will get the same deal.

Yeah hopefully he doesn’t get us into the playoffs.  

i support  anyone on the bills. What a weird poll.  That being said the way tyrod was treated here it won’t be long till half the fan base turns on Allen.  Something will be wrong w his game.  You just wait and see. 

9 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Yes and his stats were pretty consistent at  NC State prior to going to a better program.  So do you think that a 57% passer at NC State for 3 years magically jumped to 72.8 at Wisconsin or possibly the program and talent level had something to do with it?

Edited by Magnum Force

16 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

CFB passing has changed quite a bit since 1982.  More recent examples should be used for the purposes of comparison.

sure,  but i guess the point was if you just use past performance as an indicator of future performance, you can be wrong. I hate using cliches to critique players or assess performance. It's lazy and probably wrong. My initial point was from the poster that couldn't understand how he had Allen as a 4th rounder and NFL professionals had him as a 1st. Kind of cocky.

6 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

i support  anyone on the bills. What a weird poll.  That being said the way tyrod was treated here it won’t be long till half the fan base turns on Allen.  Something will be wrong w his game.  You just wait and see. 

Yes, Tyrod was the reason we made the playoffs lmao

6 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

many dislike him already, it's nuts. Regardless of your views on the draft, he's our future. I'm excited to see what happens next.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Yeah but that's kind of the point. He didn't become 15% more accurate when he transferred, he just went to a better school. If he had stayed at NC State and had a 57% completion rate his senior year he wouldn't have gone on to have a different NFL career. If you want to know how accurate a QB is you need to watch the tape.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Magnum Force said:

Yes and his stats were pretty consistent at  NC State prior to going to a better program.  So do you think that a 57% passer at NC State for 3 years jumped to 72.8 at Wisconsin or possibly the program and talent level had something to do with it?

I think it was a mostly Wilson maturing and focusing on football. I think he would have done better in a final year at NC State if they had chosen him over Glennon. 

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Yeah but that's kind of the point. He didn't become 15% more accurate when he transferred, he just went to a better school. If he had stayed at NC State and had a 57% completion rate his senior year he wouldn't have gone on to have a different NFL career. If you want to know how accurate a QB is you need to watch the tape.

I agree with that. You can see accuracy of a QB regardless of the caliber of talent he plays with. 

Absolutely hated the pick (not the person), think the overwhelming evidence is this type of player busts at a really high rate, not going to make insane comparisons to Hall of Fame qbs and their college stats 30 years ago to make myself feel better, & think we will regret passing on Rosen.

That said, of course I’m a fan because he’s a Bill.  I think it was a terrible pick but nothing would make me happier than him becoming our next great qb.

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Absolutely hated the pick (not the person), think the overwhelming evidence is this type of player busts at a really high rate, not going to make insane comparisons to Hall of Fame qbs and their college stats 30 years ago to make myself feel better, & think we will regret passing on Rosen.

That said, of course I’m a fan because he’s a Bill.  I think it was a terrible pick but nothing would make me happier than him becoming our next great qb.

Now the real question....if it pans out will you buy his jersey?

4 minutes ago, Magnum Force said:

I was going to get his jersey but the last 2 rookie jerseys I bought were EJ Manuel and Zay Jones. I don't think it would be wise to test my luck again.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I was going to get his jersey but the last 2 rookie jerseys I bought were EJ Manuel and Zay Jones. I don't think it would be wise to test my luck again.

Then get a Darnold jersey and work your magic lol

Edited by Magnum Force
  • Like (+1) 1

I'm glad to see the numbers on this poll.   I will admit I was in the Rosen camp but even he had red flags for me.  I was quick to become a fan of Allen's and so hopeful that he is the guy we have been searching for.   I can't say I was shocked by the overall disappointment when the Allen pick came in.  I was shocked however by the hatred pointed at Allen in the days following.   This poll shows that Bills fans have warmed up to this kid are willing to give him a chance.  Definitely nice to see.  

22 minutes ago, Magnum Force said:

I have a rule now not to buy a jersey of someone younger than me (which is pretty much every player now :( ).  I still with the throwbacks (Andre Reed) and Bills’ apparel (I think we have the best t shirt and gear in pro sports).  It’s much safer than spending money on a jersey of a player they get rid of it two years (Sammy and Kiko).  

I will I’ll say that if Allen becomes a franchise qb, he can marry my mom. :)

35 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

....then what about the overwhelming evidence over the past decade of 1st round QB's who were assuredly destined for stardom but busted?....and that list is long...NEVER is an exact science no matter with the "evidence" is or is NOT.....and Josh "Nine Mistakes Ahead Of Me" Rosen is the ideal guy I want as a teammate?.......whiny little diva beotch who hasn't even stepped on the field yet?.....I'd be at the airport with my WELCOME PUTZ banner when his HIGH horse came ridin' in...SMH.....

9 minutes ago, Mark92 said:

I'm glad to see the numbers on this poll.   I will admit I was in the Rosen camp but even he had red flags for me.  I was quick to become a fan of Allen's and so hopeful that he is the guy we have been searching for.   I can't say I was shocked by the overall disappointment when the Allen pick came in.  I was shocked however by the hatred pointed at Allen in the days following.   This poll shows that Bills fans have warmed up to this kid are willing to give him a chance.  Definitely nice to see.  

1). The tweets didn’t help

2). I’d like to think it wasn’t about the person but rather the pick.  I don’t particularly trust the staff st identifying offensive talent, much less a qb.

in my non professional opinion, Rosen looks much more like a safer bet to be a good nfl qb. I was underwhelmed in the games I saw Allen and hoped he wasn’t going to be the pick.

but it shouldn’t have ever been personal.

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

1). The tweets didn’t help

2). I’d like to think it wasn’t about the person but rather the pick.  I don’t particularly trust the staff st identifying offensive talent, much less a qb.

in my non professional opinion, Rosen looks much more like a safer bet to be a good nfl qb. I was underwhelmed in the games I saw Allen and hoped he wasn’t going to be the pick.

but it shouldn’t have ever been personal.

Underwhelmed by Rosen.

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....then what about the overwhelming evidence over the past decade of 1st round QB's who were assuredly destined for stardom but busted?....and that list is long...NEVER is an exact science no matter with the "evidence" is or is NOT.....and Josh "Nine Mistakes Ahead Of Me" Rosen is the ideal guy I want as a teammate?.......whiny little diva beotch who hasn't even stepped on the field yet?.....I'd be at the airport with my WELCOME PUTZ banner when his HIGH horse came ridin' in...SMH.....

Yup, 50% of first round qbs bust. Don’t disagree.  But Qbs who complete under 60% of their passes in college, much less at Wyoming, bust at like 90%.

its also funny how most people say they aren’t trashing Allen as a person yet you just are ripping a 21 year old who don’t even know. Stay classy.

6 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I have a rule now not to buy a jersey of someone younger than me (which is pretty much every player now :( ).  I still with the throwbacks (Andre Reed) and Bills’ apparel (I think we have the best t shirt and gear in pro sports).  It’s much safer than spending money on a jersey of a player they get rid of it two years (Sammy and Kiko).  

I will I’ll say that if Allen becomes a franchise qb, he can marry my mom. :)

This is the best I have felt about Buffalo sports in a long time.  

15 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Interesting. 

And nf still I question that the Bills have the offensive coaching staff in place to develop Allen.

While I agree to a point that we don't know if Deball will be another Pederson and all we fans can do is hope he is close to that good.

I think the more important issue is the offensive line and the fact that McD has already stated the best man will win the starting job. This scares the hell out of me because i think Allen will win the starting job and then get ruined along the way. Even if he doesn't win the starting job and the Bills have him as the third string I think the first two (AJ & Mr 5 pick) will get destroyed  in short order and Allen still gets ruined. 

Like Dilfer stated its imperitive that Allen sit and learn at least until that line gains some continuity and should that never happen this year then Allen should sit. JMO