Bills bringing in another QB, this time from CFL

9 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Uh oh....Allen’s roster spot already in jeopardy.  Wait to go Beane.

I know your post has a hint of sarcasm in it but, I am guessing he would be fighting for a roster spot with Peterman, not Allen. Or he may just be a camp arm.

8 hours ago, davefan66 said:

FWIW

7 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

He might not slip on a mat?

joking aside he’s a camp arm nothing more. Don’t even think he can beat out Nate the great Peterman

Love the one liner 716! Priceless!

4 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

Apparently this kid threw 61 MPH at his pro day. BUT, 3 year backup and got cut after his first CFL pre-season game. Not quite sure what Beane thinks could be there. It's pretty clear that they're searching for an Uncle Rico.

I know the clip is a highlight reel, but he doesn't look too bad. I'm no NFL scout so what do i know, but he seems to have good instincts with the ball and can throw on the run. Hopefully our other QB's can also because with our OL they may need to do that a lot. Buffalo716 and BullBuchanan, you both seem to have the skinny on this guy. What is it about him that makes you say he's no more than a camp arm. I don't doubt you....merely curious of your thoughts. 

9 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think they haven't signed either of these guys yet.  They both got an invite for training camp, they're being auditioned.

Bills will sign one if they like him or they'll toss 'em both back in the pond and audition someone else.

That makes sense.

Just an arm to help them get through rookie orientation camp, which I believe should be coming up.   Last year they signed a QB named Dan Collins from Maine just for this camp...

Edited by Lurker

11 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

He makes it look easy, which I guess it is, when you remove 20 players from the field and just play catch with a receiver.

Is it possible that we could play some of our games in this manner this year?

Have you ever seen a QB's Pro Day where he threw against a defense?  Asking for a friend.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Coach55 said:

Apodaca lasted all of 27 days on the Winnipeg roster, throwing a whopping 0 passes in the CFL.  Would hardly call this guy coming from the CFL.  

The CFL is a different game.  It favors Tyrod type QB's.  The field is very wide and running QB's are much more successful here.  Maybe he didn't fit the mold.  Besides, he's just camp fodder.  He won't make the team. 

12 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

He makes it look easy, which I guess it is, when you remove 20 players from the field and just play catch with a receiver.

Is it possible that we could play some of our games in this manner this year?

As opposed to Allen who makes it look difficult against air... 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BigPappy said:

Love the one liner 716! Priceless!

I know the clip is a highlight reel, but he doesn't look too bad. I'm no NFL scout so what do i know, but he seems to have good instincts with the ball and can throw on the run. Hopefully our other QB's can also because with our OL they may need to do that a lot. Buffalo716 and BullBuchanan, you both seem to have the skinny on this guy. What is it about him that makes you say he's no more than a camp arm. I don't doubt you....merely curious of your thoughts. 

Oh, I don't know him at all. Did some research after this was announced, but mostly came up empty. 3 year college player with a transfer to New Mexico sheet his freshman year, but still never really played. Only has a handful of games played in college. Elway took a look at him after the 2017 draft, but passed. He then proceeded to sign with the Blue Bombers but was released after the first preseason  game with a bunch of other players.

Hit 61mph at his pro day, which would have been a combine record if invited, but has around 52% completion percentage over only around 100 college attempts.

My take is that he's never really shown anything to indicate he has any type of pro football future, but who knows?

6 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Are you just mad that they didn’t draft “your” guy? Seems like you’re a little upset..

This road just seems very familiar, that's all... A GM who had to have his QB at all costs... The team not having effective QB coaching to improve production at the position... Bringing in the Tyler Thigpen look-alikes to make it seem like they're doing due diligence... I'm willing to see where it all goes, but so far, I'm not liking the direction.

5 minutes ago, #34fan said:

This road just seems very familiar, that's all... A GM who had to have his QB at all costs... The team not having effective QB coaching to improve production at the position... Bringing in the Tyler Thigpen look-alikes to make it seem like they're doing due diligence... I'm willing to see where it all goes, but so far, I'm not liking the direction.

Tyler Thigpen? Where the hell did he come from? I hated the pick at first. But I’ve done a full 180 on the kid. The guy reeks Buffalo. He’s worked hard to get where he is. He’s very humble and appreciative. Apparently he’s a good beer pong player as well. Watch some videos of him. Start with this one....

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap3000000927196/Soul-Science-How-fast-can-Josh-Allen-throw

22 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

Oh, I don't know him at all. Did some research after this was announced, but mostly came up empty. 3 year college player with a transfer to New Mexico sheet his freshman year, but still never really played. Only has a handful of games played in college. Elway took a look at him after the 2017 draft, but passed. He then proceeded to sign with the Blue Bombers but was released after the first preseason  game with a bunch of other players.

Hit 61mph at his pro day, which would have been a combine record if invited, but has around 52% completion percentage over only around 100 college attempts.

My take is that he's never really shown anything to indicate he has any type of pro football future, but who knows?

Definitely sounds like a camp arm then. Thanks for the info.

3 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Oh. This kid is just a camp arm. But I’ve noticed in other threads your hatred of the Allen pick 

Welp,  -He's here now, and this thing has to play out over an undetermined period of time... I wrote a couple threads on why I think Beane blew it, and that was my load... Now I'm ready for a nap... Wake me up when rookie TC starts. :)

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/2/2018 at 11:16 PM, Marv's Neighbor said:

The Bomber's stadium is "partially covered."  Meaning, the stands are kind of covered but the field is not.  I have to believe that the winds could be unpredictable in a stadium such as that.  Only about half of the CFL sites are covered.

Yea I looked at Blue Bombers stadium looking at what Bills could do non-dome to allow better snow protection.

https://www.bluebombers.com/stadium-information/

Rum and vodka bars are nice but not at prices they charge in stadiums.