Best Available for Day 3

MAJBobby

21 minutes ago, Manther said:

I don't know much about Brown, but, I think if we add a WR in the draft they need to be capable or being a #1 or #2 WR.  Not a slot WR.  Otherwise address another position.  I don't feel the need to load up #3-#6 WR's.  Those WR's can be found almost anywhere.  No track stars or pure burners. 

JMO

Here is your potential remaining #2

Deon Cain WR Clemson 6'2 202, 4.43 40, 33.5 vert (5.86 grade)

NFL Comparison - Roddy White

Cain is a classic Clemson receiver with a good combination of size and speed and an underappreciated feel for the position. Cain's routes are smooth, but also show an understanding of coverage. Cain has the pure speed to attack over the top, but he should be a competitive option on all three levels. His drops are more a function of concentration than ability, but it needs to be improved. Cain has the chance to become a very good NFL starter but is better suited to handle the WR2 rather than a role as the alpha target.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, USABuffaloFan said:

Lauletta

He would be one of the three that may fit that description.

1 minute ago, RocCityRoller said:

Here is your potential remaining #2

NFL Comparison - Roddy White

Cain is a classic Clemson receiver with a good combination of size and speed and an underappreciated feel for the position. Cain's routes are smooth, but also show an understanding of coverage. Cain has the pure speed to attack over the top, but he should be a competitive option on all three levels. His drops are more a function of concentration than ability, but it needs to be improved. Cain has the chance to become a very good NFL starter but is better suited to handle the WR2 rather than a role as the alpha target.

Nice looking player.  That sounds like a perfect shot with a 4th rounder!  That would be a good option I would be interested in tomorrow.  But, it sounds like he isn't going to make it to us?!

3 minutes ago, Manther said:

He would be one of the three that may fit that description.

Nice looking player.  That sounds like a perfect shot with a 4th rounder!  That would be a good option I would be interested in tomorrow.  But, it sounds like he isn't going to make it to us?!

Some teams have passed on him because he was suspended in his sophomore year, and his production hasn't matched the talent, but he did improve each year and showed up big in big games. He may not be a McBeane fit.

I like him and St. Brown as potential #2 WRs

Another good size and speed combo, probable #2 at best though.

EQUANIMEOUS ST. BROWN WR Notre Dame 6'5 214, 4.48 40 (5.69 grade)

NFL Comparison - Andre Holmes :(

St. Brown does not have the typical NFL prospect background. His father, John Brown, was a two-time Mr. Universe and three-time Mr. World as a weightlifter. His mother is from Germany. He lived in France for a short time as a youth and went to a French school while living in California. But it was St. Brown's game that really got him noticed as a recruit, as he earned a top 100 overall prospect rankings after excelling his final two years (74 catches, 1,210 yards, 10 touchdowns) at Servite High School in Anaheim. Equanimeous (a form of equanimity, meaning to stay calm and cool under pressure) played in seven games as a freshman (one catch, eight receiving yards, blocked punt against USC), missing the final four with a shoulder injury. He and Deshone Kizer formed an alliance in 2016, however, allowing him to use his tall frame, huge catching radius, and long strides to lead the Irish with 58 receptions, 961 yards, and nine receiving touchdowns. Notre Dame's passing game went south with Brandon Winbush leading the offense, so St. Brown's statistics dropped (33 catches, 515 yards, four touchdowns). After his brother, Amon-Ra, decided to attend USC instead of UND as a five-star receiver recruit, Equanimeous' road to the NFL was paved.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

Some teams have passed on him because he was suspended in his sophomore year, and his production hasn't matched the talent, but he did improve each year and showed up big in big games. He may not be a McBeane fit.

St. Brown does not have the typical NFL prospect background. His father, John Brown, was a two-time Mr. Universe and three-time Mr. World as a weightlifter. His mother is from Germany. He lived in France for a short time as a youth and went to a French school while living in California. But it was St. Brown's game that really got him noticed as a recruit, as he earned a top 100 overall prospect rankings after excelling his final two years (74 catches, 1,210 yards, 10 touchdowns) at Servite High School in Anaheim. Equanimeous (a form of equanimity, meaning to stay calm and cool under pressure) played in seven games as a freshman (one catch, eight receiving yards, blocked punt against USC), missing the final four with a shoulder injury. He and Deshone Kizer formed an alliance in 2016, however, allowing him to use his tall frame, huge catching radius, and long strides to lead the Irish with 58 receptions, 961 yards, and nine receiving touchdowns. Notre Dame's passing game went south with Brandon Winbush leading the offense, so St. Brown's statistics dropped (33 catches, 515 yards, four touchdowns). After his brother, Amon-Ra, decided to attend USC instead of UND as a five-star receiver recruit, Equanimeous' road to the NFL was paved.

Ok, so, those two may fit the BILL for a potential #1 or #2 WR.  Hopefully one of them are there when we pick.

I would like us to go BPA of the following positions......OT, G, WR, CB.  The two WR's spoken of are intriguing being...

Equanimeous St. Brown WR Notre Dame 6'5 214, 4.48 40 (5.69 grade)

Go Bills!!

6 minutes ago, Manther said:

Ok, so, those two may fit the BILL for a potential #1 or #2 WR.  Hopefully one of them are there when we pick.

I would like us to go BPA of the following positions......OT, G, WR, CB.  The two WR's spoken of are intriguing being...

Equanimeous St. Brown WR Notre Dame 6'5 214, 4.48 40 (5.69 grade)

Go Bills!!

I agree with your positions of need, and hope they take a look at OLB and RB is value is there.

I'm ok BPA right now, this is a 2-3 year rebuild, so any hidden gem at 4-7 is a win IMO

25 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

I agree with your positions of need, and hope they take a look at OLB and RB is value is there.

I'm ok BPA right now, this is a 2-3 year rebuild, so any hidden gem at 4-7 is a win IMO

Agreed.  Ya, if there is a special RB I would be fine with them too.  But, not in my top 5 positions like most folks.

Guys I like by position:

QB Luke Falk

QB Mike White

RB Mark Walton

RB Kalen Ballage

RB Bo Scarbrough

FB Dimitri Flowers

WR Deon Cain

WR Keke Coutee

TE Ian Thomas

TE Dalton Schultz

OT Will Richardson

DT Maurice Hurst

DT Tim Settle

CB Anthony Averett

Hurst is falling because of health maybe but also because he really only fits one certain style of defense where the DTs are asked to just get upfield every play.

I would love to somehow come away with CB Averett, TE Thomas, and RBs Walton and Flowers.

3 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

Who is St. Brown? The patron saint of UPS drivers?

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

I have been somewhat obsessed with Valdes-Scantling given his 6'4" and 4.37 measurables.  Watched the limited YouTube highlights which looked pretty darn good.  Anyone have a view as to whether he could be any good?  Would give us the speed if nothing else.  I would not mind a flyer on him.  

Now this dude in interesting. Definitely worth a flyer somewhere. 

Shaquem Griffin

Keke Coutee

Kalen Ballage

Skai Moore

Troy Apke

Deshean Hamilton

Are some guys I hope we target

16 minutes ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

I have been somewhat obsessed with Valdes-Scantling given his 6'4" and 4.37 measurables.  Watched the limited YouTube highlights which looked pretty darn good.  Anyone have a view as to whether he could be any good?  Would give us the speed if nothing else.  I would not mind a flyer on him.  

I would definitely be on board with this pick as well. He is a Martavis Bryant clone. 

Edited by billspro

8 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Why did Tyrell Crosby drop so far?

Maybe they mistook the name Crosby for Cosby and didn't want that stank

4 minutes ago, billspro said:

Deshean Hamilton

Are some guys I hope we target

Admitting my Penn St homer bias here, but I'm on board with drafting Desean Hamilton

All I want is for the Bills to draft Iowa Linebacker Josey Jewell. The kid is going to be an absolute gem. High motor, high football IQ who has that small-town northeast Iowa work ethic. If he was a little faster, taller he’d have gone in the first two rounds. Coming for Decorah, Iowa the kid has been overlooked his whole life. Let’s be the one team that doesn’t and get ourselves a 10-year starter at MLB.

8 hours ago, Manther said:

I don't know much about Brown, but, I think if we add a WR in the draft they need to be capable or being a #1 or #2 WR.  Not a slot WR.  Otherwise address another position.  I don't feel the need to load up #3-#6 WR's.  Those WR's can be found almost anywhere.  No track stars or pure burners. 

JMO

Brown is 6'4".  He would play outside at the next level.  I think Zay should be played underneath in the slot patterns.  

33 minutes ago, Watkins90 said:

All I want is for the Bills to draft Iowa Linebacker Josey Jewell. The kid is going to be an absolute gem. High motor, high football IQ who has that small-town northeast Iowa work ethic. If he was a little faster, taller he’d have gone in the first two rounds. Coming for Decorah, Iowa the kid has been overlooked his whole life. Let’s be the one team that doesn’t and get ourselves a 10-year starter at MLB.

I think they will use Edmunds at MLB the majority of the time.  We will see though

8 hours ago, USABuffaloFan said:

Coutee WR, Callaway WR, Ian Thomas TE, Lauletta QB ( just in case), Jewell ILB, Cain WR 

Coutee and Calloway run 4.4's

Callaway has failed drug tests and many off the field issues.  They could take him but I doubt it.  I don't think they want another young receiver with off the field issues.  Zay already has had more than expected.

8 hours ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

I wonder what the Bills think of their need at WR.  They traded for Benjamin , say they still have confidence in Zay Jones, still have Streater and added Kaelin Clay and Kerley

Not sure, maybe they will wait out to see who gets cut and add that way.  They have a ton of cash next offseason where they can address that position if they'd like to for our new QB just like Philly did with Alshon Jeffrey in year 2 for them.  

10 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Round 4 TGTs 

Deon Cain - WR

Ian Thomas - TE

Will Richardson - OT

Tyrell Cosby - OG/OT

Anthony Averett - CB

Deasean Hamilton - WR

Equanimeous St. Brown - WR

Keke Coutee - WR

Shaquem Griffin - OLB

5th round TGTs

J’mon Moore - WR

Chris Herndon - TE

Kevin Toliver - CB

John Kelly - RB

Scott Quessenberry - C

Bo Scarbrough - RB

Marcell Ateman - WR

6th and 7th round TGTs 

Ike Boettger - G

Hercules Mata’afa - Edge

Taylor Hearn - G

Simmie Cobbs - WR

Will Clapp - C

Troy Fumagalli - TE

feel free to add yours 

Any starters and those groups MB?

Josey Jewell

Maurice Hurst (if Bills Medical cleared him)

Equaminious St. Brown

I know offensive line is in need of help, but I don't see the players at the oline that could help even with depth. These three could be impact players even if we already got a DT and a LB in previous rounds. Phillips and Hurst would be solid on passing downs when Star is off the field especially after this season which I think will be Kyle's last.

I know we need offensive line help and Wide reciever, but there's still a lot of great pieces availible in the front 7... 

Josey Jewell, LB 

Genard Avery, LB

Hurcules Matafa, DL

Joe Ostman, DE 

Duke Ejiofor, DE

Micah Kizer, LB 

We can get some good depth pieces today.

1 hour ago, Buffalo30 said:

I think they will use Edmunds at MLB the majority of the time.  We will see though

My hope is that they use Edmunds as a SLB in a role similar to Anthony Barr. But, that would include needing another MLB, so It's understandable putting him in the middle.

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I know we need offensive line help and Wide reciever, but there's still a lot of great pieces availible in the front 7... 

Josey Jewell, LB 

Genard Avery, LB

Hurcules Matafa, DL

Joe Ostman, DE 

Duke Ejiofor, DE

Micah Kizer, LB 

We can get some good depth pieces today.

My hope is that they use Edmunds as a SLB in a role similar to Anthony Barr. But, that would include needing another MLB, so It's understandable putting him in the middle.

I think he will move around a lot.  He has so much potential I don't see why we shouldn't try to maximize it.  However, I think he will play MLB a good amount.  Not opposed to Jewell at all.  I love that kid.  Scales and Mccray can also be added to the list of athletic linebackers.  A lot of solid players still available.  Solid RB choices still on the board, would love to get a big back to help out Mccoy.  We can find a good amount of depth and maybe even a starter or two if we are lucky today.  Very excited!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo30 said:

I think he will move around a lot.  He has so much potential I don't see why we shouldn't try to maximize it.  However, I think he will play MLB a good amount.  Not opposed to Jewell at all.  I love that kid.  Scales and Mccray can also be added to the list of athletic linebackers.  A lot of solid players still available.  Solid RB choices still on the board, would love to get a big back to help out Mccoy.  We can find a good amount of depth and maybe even a starter or two if we are lucky today.  Very excited!

Definitely. If we got lucky and hit on a stud MLB we would be able to be very flexible with Edmunds which would probably do well for him in McD. Defense. 

4 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Definitely. If we got lucky and hit on a stud MLB we would be able to be very flexible with Edmunds which would probably do well for him in McD. Defense. 

The more position flexibility the better.  We picked up two guys that can help against both the run and pass...really showing what type of defense they are trying to build here.  

• Like (+1) 1

WR:
Equanimeous St Brown

Allen Lazard

Daurice Fountain

Braxton Berrios

RB:
Kalen Ballage

Akrum Wadley

John Kelly

OL:

Tyrell Crosby
Jamarco Jones

Desmond Harrison

Wyatt Teller

Bradley Bozeman

Edge:
Duke Ejiofor

Hercules Mata'afa

Josh Sweat

LB:
Josey Jewell

Tegray Scales

Micah Kiser

Mike McCray

DB:

Anthony Averett

Kevin Toliver

Brandon Facyson

5 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

Bo Scarborough doesn't like to run between the tackles even though he is huge.

He also runs too upright which will get him lit up in the NFL......JMHO

That would make sense as the Dabol connection. Also these guys seem to like bangers, change up from Shady. I was unaware he did not like to run between the tackles.

Edited by The Rev.Mattb74 ESQ.

12 hours ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Remaining That visited with Bills

• Dorance Armstrong Jr., DE/3-4OLB/OLB, Kansas (PRI)
  • Kalen Ballage^, RB, Arizona State (PRO, PRI)
  • Tyrell Crosby, OT, Oregon (COM)
  • Keion Crossen, CB, Western Carolina (WOR)
  • Luke Falk, QB, Washington State (WOR)
  • Tre Flowers, S, Oklahoma State (EW)
  • David Goldsby, OT, Buffalo (LOC)
  • Kamathi Holsey, WR, Buffalo (WOR)
  • Ryan Izzo, TE, Florida State (COM)
  • Jaryd Jones-Smith, OT, Pittsburgh (COM)
  • Jamarcus King, CB, South Carolina (SR)
  • Avonte Maddox, CB, Pittsburgh (EW)
  • Alex McGough, QB, Florida International (WOR)
  • R.J. McIntosh, DT/3-4DE, Miami (PRI)
  • Ryan Nall, FB, Oregon State (COM)
  • Kendrick Norton, DT/NT, Miami (WOR)
  • Jaylen Samuels, RB, N.C. State (COM)
  • Brandon Silvers, QB, Troy 
  • Chad Thomas, DE/3-4OLB, Miami (WOR)
  • Ian Thomas, TE, Indiana (PRI)
  • Corey Thompson, ILB, LSU (PRI)
  • Robert Torgerson, DT, Southern Utah (PRO)
  • Marquez Valdes-Scantling, WR, South Florida (WOR)
  • Mike White, QB, Western Kentucky (COM)
  • Ethan Wolf, TE, Tennessee (EW)
  • Deon Yelder, WR, Western Kentucky (PRO)

Jaylen Samuels seems like a fit since they like players that play multiple positions and played for 4 years.

• Like (+1) 1