Poll: Josh Allen Approval Rating  

455 members have voted

1. 1. Do you approve of the Bills selecting Josh Allen

• Yes, he will be a star
    • No, he will be a bust
    • I’m somewhere in the middle

9 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Who exactly are the cool kids

"Experienced front offices" is what I should have said.  Not that it's an apt description whatsoever, I just can't shake the feeling that we got completely taken by a rookie project while the Jets got a bonafide franchise QB.  Would have been much worse had the Dolphins taken Rosen.

1 minute ago, Mat68 said:

More than 2/3 belive he will not be a bust.  Can we put to rest that narrative now and enjoy the fact for the first time in 25 years Buffalo has a Qb with franchise Qb potential.  

they all have potential

3 minutes ago, Hurricane Marv said:

"Experienced front offices" is what I should have said.  Not that it's an apt description whatsoever, I just can't shake the feeling that we got completely taken by a rookie project while the Jets got a bonafide franchise QB.  Would have been much worse had the Dolphins taken Rosen.

I am not saying you are wrong because nobody knows....but the expereinced front office you are referring to (jets?) has taken swings and missed at like drafting what...3 QBs in the last 4 years or something like that?

And their team has been flat out aweful.   While ours made the playoffs last year.

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I am not saying you are wrong because nobody knows....but the expereinced front office you are referring to (jets?) has taken swings and missed at like drafting what...3 QBs in the last 4 years or something like that?

And their team has been flat out aweful.   While ours made the playoffs last year.

It's more about us than them, and them refers to the entire league more so than the Jets. I'm simply fearful that McBeane got over-excited in what has been a relatively brief tenure and took the project that other NFL execs wouldn't have touched until the end of the first round.  We'll see, but this pick will be their legacy for better or worse.

Edited by Hurricane Marv

5 hours ago, T-Bomb said:

As per usual, this franchise is in no better hands with Pegula than it was with Ralph.

Neither did EJ Manuel the night he was drafted, smart fans knew what we were getting...

Why does it not suprise me that you are in the punchbowl pisser group come this morning......surprise surprise

Congrats....you have a new punching bag

1 minute ago, Hurricane Marv said:

It's more about us than them, and them refers to the entire league more so than the Jets. I'm simply fearful that McBeane got over-excited in what has been a relatively brief tenure and took the project that other NFL execs wouldn't have touched until the end of the first round.  We'll see, but this pick will be their legacy for better or worse.

This is just my opinion

I am seeing people pointing to what happened with EJ Manuel

This really is not that situation...EJ Manuel was NEVER thought of as a guy that could go number 1 overall in the draft.....and that draft was considered a poor QB draft to begin with

This is not the case.....it is a STRONG QB draft and Allen is a part of it......there are some areas of concern most definately but there is also things to be excited about with this kid....he could easily when it is all said and done be the "last man standing" out of these QBs because he is no where close to his ceiling.

Its a wait and see for me....but at least Bean did not over reach to get him.....he was smart with is assets....and allowed us to also pick up Edmunds.

I personally think Bean is a schrewed dude

3 minutes ago, Hurricane Marv said:

Do you seriously believe this ?? 

11 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

I went from

”Trust the Process”

to 

“PROVE your Process”

I'm sticking with "trust the process" until they prove otherwise. So far Beane and Mcdermott seems to know what they are doing and have a plan, unlike past administrations.

13 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Why does it not suprise me that you are in the punchbowl pisser group come this morning......surprise surprise

Congrats....you have a new punching bag

This is just my opinion

I am seeing people pointing to what happened with EJ Manuel

This really is not that situation...EJ Manuel was NEVER thought of as a guy that could go number 1 overall in the draft.....and that draft was considered a poor QB draft to begin with

This is not the case.....it is a STRONG QB draft and Allen is a part of it......there are some areas of concern most definately but there is also things to be excited about with this kid....he could easily when it is all said and done be the "last man standing" out of these QBs because he is no where close to his ceiling.

Its a wait and see for me....but at least Bean did not over reach to get him.....he was smart with is assets....and allowed us to also pick up Edmunds.

I personally think Bean is a schrewed dude

Taking him at 7 and keeping enough to still get Edmunds was fantastic, I'm on board with that.  I may have crossed into TV through window territory had we bet everything to move up to #5 for Allen .

10 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Do you seriously believe this ?? 

No, I don't really believe it, thus my skepticism that I've highlighted in like every comment I've made.  I don't really know what to believe other than the fact that he's a project that we seemingly coveted more than other teams.  We do have both an inexperienced coach and terribly raw QB right now though, it's worth being skeptical.

Edited by Hurricane Marv

23 minutes ago, Hurricane Marv said:

I'll agree on the Dolphins part, but the Bills didn't have a choice between Darnold and Allen. Perhaps they would have chosen Darnold in that situation?  Regardless, zero the Bills could do about the Jets and Darnold. Wasn't part of this equation. 

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

I'll agree on the Dolphins part, but the Bills didn't have a choice between Darnold and Allen. Perhaps they would have chosen Darnold in that situation?  Regardless, zero the Bills could do about the Jets and Darnold. Wasn't part of this equation. 

or just go BPA and get your QB later instead of stretching to get one of the top-4, which was largely over-hyped by the media. I'm in the Bucky Brooks camp when it comes to that.

ultimately I'm ok with the pick considering we still got Edmunds, I'm just very skeptical. Allen was #5 on my list.

1 minute ago, Hurricane Marv said:

or just go BPA and get your QB later instead of stretching to get one of the top-4, which was largely over-hyped by the media. I'm in the Bucky Brooks camp when it comes to that.

ultimately I'm ok with the pick considering we still got Edmunds, I'm just very skeptical. Allen was #5 on my list.

You could certainly make a strong case for keeping the 2second rounders (good value picks in this draft for sure) going LB at 12 and Jackson at 22 . I'd be more confident in that scenario than what they chose to do. I'll hope that I'm wrong. Some WR/ OL help in round two would have been nice, and you'd have your stud LB / project QB combo. 

I wasn’t thrilled when he was picked, but admittedly I know so little about him. Just the idea of another drawn out development process is gross to me, but I’m over the disappointment. Let’s see how this **** plays out. Giddy up. 

• Like (+1) 1

One thing I know i will be extremely happy  if this turns out to be the right decision . The teams owners and Coaching staff did meet with this player made this decision and ultimately will answer for it.  

One thing we all know is that this market has had it with losing and the pressure will be on huge to at least see some hope this was the right decision . It is difficult when a fan base has waited a few generations for a winner year in and year out with not a great deal of real hope of visable substance. The decision makers are going to need be extremely strong to be patient with a young man in a position that does require time ,  patience and hard work . The fan base needs to see some hope now and are out of patience 

Edited by millbank

5 hours ago, joesixpack said:

Howard Simon has really turned me off today.

Don't wanna be there at work, Howard? Well go pound sand. Retire and let someone do the job that wants to do it.

He's been watching the Bills spin their wheels at QB for a very long time, his frustration is justified.

This pick is an epic fail, Maybin style.

1 minute ago, Rosen-not-Chosen said:

He's been watching the Bills spin their wheels at QB for a very long time, his frustration is justified.

This pick is an epic fail, Maybin style.

Pound sand, troll account.

You can choose to cry about it for an extended period, or you could, you know...be a man about it and get on board.

Just now, joesixpack said:

Pound sand, troll account.

You can choose to cry about it for an extended period, or you could, you know...be a man about it and get on board.

How's the Kool-Aid train been working out for you the last couple decades? I'm not getting on board that **** until the FO can prove they're not morons, they certainly didn't prove that last night.

Just now, Rosen-not-Chosen said:

How's the Kool-Aid train been working out for you the last couple decades? I'm not getting on board that **** until the FO can prove they're not morons, they certainly didn't prove that last night.

Here's how I know you're a troll...

You CLEARLY haven't seen my post history. So again, Take a hike. No time for your caterwauling.

2 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Here's how I know you're a troll...

You CLEARLY haven't seen my post history. So again, Take a hike. No time for your caterwauling.

I think I'll stay, deal with it.

And have to say, I don't give a **** about your post history...

Edited by Rosen-not-Chosen

Just now, Epstein's Mother said:

Jesus.  Please tell me this has some other meaning.   

How are you not familiar with the reference is this regard ?  You need to tell me what you think it meant because I have no idea why you quoted me

Basically I will believe Allen is the franchise QB when I see it, not before.

Let's give peace a chance here, people. And Allen. Break an historic playoff drought, trade up to get what the young FO believes is the next franchise guy and yet we are so divisive. Can we just get behind the team and kid and see how this shakes out?

11 hours ago, Awwufelloff said:

From the Jets board. Pretty much how I feel. Every single NFL forum message board is laughing at us for taking Allen. Beane did not address how to fix his accuracy in the interview. Might need a new management team.

"The stars aligned for us in many ways tonight. 

Darnold fell in our laps.

Buffalo took Allen.

And just as Miami is licking their chops, Arizona sweeps in and takes Rosen, forcing Miami to take a safety lol

Couldn't have written tonight any better, IMO"

"If I had to hand pick a QB for the Bills to struggle with for the next 5 years it would be Allen."

"Josh Allen to the Bills was just a bonus pick for the Jets."

Goodluck to the jest with another USC QB. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JackKemp said:

Todd McShay, Mel Kiper, Mike Mayock, Beane, McDermott, the Pegulas...

Just saw McShay who most certainly did NOT think the Allen pick was great. And he thinks the Bills screwed up with the Edmunds pick.

3 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

How are you not familiar with the reference is this regard ?  You need to tell me what you think it meant because I have no idea why you quoted me

Basically I will believe Allen is the franchise QB when I see it, not before.

Just thought it was humorous that you left off "don't tell me about the labor" that's all.

Just now, Epstein's Mother said:

Just thought it was humorous that you left off "don't tell me about the labor" that's all.

Ahh..  yeah I usually hear the reference without the 2nd part

• Like (+1) 1

I had my opinions about the QBs, as everyone else did. There were things I liked about each of them and things I didn't like with each of them.

So, I wasn't really in one camp or the other for the pick. What I hoped for last night, as the draft started playing itself out (Mayfield to CLE and Darnold

to JETS), was that both Allen and Rosen would be on the board when we picked, because I wanted to know that whoever it was, it was their guy, the guy

they really wanted and not just the last QB available. And the fact that they traded up for him and chose him over Rosen showed that. If they think this is

the guy to bank on, then I am onboard. And I do think he is the best fit for Buffalo. Welcome to Buffalo Josh!

I'm trusting the process.

Edited by folz
  • Like (+1) 1

I think the issue people have here with him is more than just his shortcomings, it's that his shortcomings are the EXACT same shortcomings we keep picking up to play QB - slow eyes, doesn't throw with anticipation, can't read a defense. My dislike for the pick isn't all about Allen, it's about the last million failed QBs we've had here and it's made worse by the fact that there was a QB available that was the anti-typical-Bills-QB waiting in the wings. Is it fair to Allen? No. But life isn't fair.

16 hours ago, BeefCurtns said:

I wanted Rosen too but you gotta give the kid a shot before you Tyrod Taylor him. Give him a season to learn and see what happens.

you know you have arrived when you become a verb.

;)