Pre-draft QB Rumors

24 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

Well, um ... yeah. That's his calling card. Accuracy. 

I'm not worried terribly about anybody's 40 yard time; it's about their 5 yard time, ability to reset his feet and make a throw and keep his head downfield. Point of the matter is, Mayfield was at his best under pressure.

Brees' college numbers, for reference.

Passing
Year School Conf Class Pos G Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A AY/A TD Int Rate
Career Purdue         1026 1678 61.1 11792 7.0 6.9 90 45 132.5
*1997 Purdue Big Ten   QB 8 19 43 44.2 232 5.4 4.3 0 1 84.9
*1998 Purdue Big Ten   QB 13 361 569 63.4 3983 7.0 6.8 39 20 137.8
*1999 Purdue Big Ten   QB 12 337 554 60.8 3909 7.1 7.0 25 12 130.7
*2000 Purdue Big Ten SR QB 12 309 512 60.4 3668 7.2 7.1 26 12 132.6

R.Wilson is a running threat,  Mayfield isn't. That was the reason for talking about the 40 time.

1 hour ago, offsides#76FredSmerlas said:

Taking some hits by a lot of so called Bills fans and that is fine because this is truly what I expected 1/2 of the people to do.  I said in the title "take it for what it is worth".  I'm not trying to guess at what the Bills are going to do.  Some of you crack me up on here.  It's like you have nothing better to do than throw shots at people.  

I do appreciate you sharing this in the thread.  I believe you for sure....doesn't mean that it's going to come true but I don't believe the info you shared is a lie.

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I do appreciate you sharing this in the thread.  I believe you for sure....doesn't mean that it's going to come true but I don't believe the info you shared is a lie.

Thanks I have really no reason to lie.  It's doesn't amount to anything substantial but at least I thought it was interesting and thought I would share.

1 minute ago, offsides#76FredSmerlas said:

Thanks I have really no reason to lie.  It's doesn't amount to anything substantial but at least I thought it was interesting and thought I would share.

If you hear anything else, please share.  I'll definitely be interested......will lead to good conversations.

I personally am not surprised.  Beane constantly talks about needing a QB who can make plays in the pocket....Mayfield has and can do that.  
He also talks about accuracy and Mayfield is probably the most accurate in this class.

1 hour ago, offsides#76FredSmerlas said:

Taking some hits by a lot of so called Bills fans and that is fine because this is truly what I expected 1/2 of the people to do.  I said in the title "take it for what it is worth".  I'm not trying to guess at what the Bills are going to do.  Some of you crack me up on here.  It's like you have nothing better to do than throw shots at people.  

EVERY board has shot takers - this one is NO exception - I too did a LAMP by mistake regarding the rumor that the Bills and Giants had an agreement in principle of #2, I quickly deleted it after realizing what I did, my bad - it happens - not saying this post is LAMP - just saying.

48 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

R.Wilson is a running threat,  Mayfield isn't. That was the reason for talking about the 40 time.

No doubt.
I don't think 40 time has anything to do with it. Mayfield simply doesn't run.

He's quick enough to tuck, duck and move for 5-20 yards. He is committed to the downfield pass. Eventually a good OC will train that out of him or he will fail miserably in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 1

I will say that the young man who most of you have figured out to be Luke Maye would never just say something to me that wasn't true.  This kid, much like his friend Mason are 2 extremely high character guys.  Everything is yes sir and yes mam and they both are highly intelligent and the hardest of workers on the field and in the classroom.  If he does get anymore information about either Mason or Baker I will share if he says it is okay for me to.

7 minutes ago, offsides#76FredSmerlas said:

I will say that the young man who most of you have figured out to be Luke Maye would never just say something to me that wasn't true.  This kid, much like his friend Mason are 2 extremely high character guys.  Everything is yes sir and yes mam and they both are highly intelligent and the hardest of workers on the field and in the classroom.  If he does get anymore information about either Mason or Baker I will share if he says it is okay for me to.

I can completely believe that he told you that, but I wonder how the Bucs would know who the Bills like. Beane could just be spreading disinformation.

51 minutes ago, thunderingsquid said:

This is nice and all but how are we going to get him from the Jets if 1 and 2 are not in play?  

I don't think he will be in play at 7 but I'm sure Buffalo is turning over every rock and they might have told the Bucs that if he is there for any reason we would be willing to trade for your pick if you are interested.

• Like (+1) 1

Not sure why everyone needs to pour on the poor OP, unless you think he's just making this stuff up.

Dude is just passing along what he knows.

What value it may offer is a different matter entirely, but you don't have to pile on the OP!

1 hour ago, Kwai San said:

EVERY board has shot takers - this one is NO exception - I too did a LAMP by mistake regarding the rumor that the Bills and Giants had an agreement in principle of #2, I quickly deleted it after realizing what I did, my bad - it happens - not saying this post is LAMP - just saying.

What's LAMP?

3 hours ago, CNYfan said:

From where I sit, The Baker will be long gone by the Buc's spot.   And everyone  in the League is high on Baker.   

Just from where I am

Its the crotch grab....it works everywhere......just ask Micheal Jackson.....oh wait ;)

38 minutes ago, billykay said:

What's LAMP?

Lame And Meaningless Post? ;)

2 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

I can completely believe that he told you that, but I wonder how the Bucs would know who the Bills like. Beane could just be spreading disinformation.

It's possible that Buffalo lied, but I think the assumption is that Buffalo told Tampa that they'd make a trade if Baker is on the board at 7.

Thank you for posting what you've heard. I'm a draft addict, any info no matter how small is appreciated.

The connection to Mayfield is in line with what Jeremy White's source said. I have a theory that the Bills secretly love Mayfield and have him as their #1. Most of the big media talk has connected us to Darnold, Rosen, or Allen so it makes sense that they'd divert attention away from their real target. If the Browns take Darnold I think we'll do whatever we can to take Mayfield at 2. Just my hunch.

• Haha (+1) 1

Here is how absolutely jaded I am.

I read "Close to Rudolph's family" and I immediately think.."SCREW THIS POST. THIS POSTER IS A FRAUD, HE DOESN'T KNOW ANYTHING. JUST LOOKING FOR CLICKS!"

Then i go on to read "Baker Mayfield" and I'm like "Oh yeah, this sounds credible. I think it's probably true"

Edited by Deep2Moulds46

7 hours ago, LEBills said:

I feel like you should have started with the dating Dirk Koetters daughter portion first lol. Thanks for passing along!

Is there a picture of Dirk Koetter's daughter holding a fish?

3 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

Its the crotch grab....it works everywhere......just ask Micheal Jackson.....oh wait ;)

Lame And Meaningless Post? ;)

Technically it is a "Look At Me Post" but usually the same thing.

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...

I am not sure which thread I posted it on....but I was listening to WGR in the morning on my way to work about 2 weeks before the draft and a caller called in who sounded legit and said that he was in a restaurant and saw Brandon Beane there.  He said he introduced himself to Beane and told him he liked what he and McDermott  were doing with the Bills and congratulated Beane on making the playoffs. He then said he asked Beane if he could give him some inside info on which college QB the Bills were looking at in the draft...he said he thought Beane would stay tight lipped about it and not answer him...but he said to his surprise, Beane responded...We were hoping the kid from Wyoming would fly under the radar but it doesn't look like that is gonna happen now.

Edited by Magnum Force

6 minutes ago, Magnum Force said:

I am not sure which thread I posted it on....but I was listening to WGR in the morning on my way to work about 2 weeks before the draft and a caller called in who sounded legit and said that he was in a restaurant and saw Brandon Beane there.  He said he introduced himself to Beane and told him he liked what he and McDermott had were doing with the Bills and congratulated Beane on making the playoffs. He then said he asked Beane if he could give him some inside info on which college QB the Bills were looking at in the draft...he said he thought Beane would stay tight lipped about it and not answer him...but he said to his surprise, Beane responded...We were hoping the kid from Wyoming would fly under the radar but it doesn't look like that is gonna happen now.

Is that a clue on who dropped the twitter bomb?