Would you use Shady as trade bait?

I mean if we are getting Guice or Michel then I'm ok with it. To get a 1st for a 30 year old RB would be something you don't see every day. I love Shady, but I would make that deal. Having 3 first round picks would be crazy. 

Before you all get your panties & jock straps twisted into a knot... I heard a rumor here in Philly that Howie Rosemen really want Shady back. He has 6 RB's on the roster, & he's trying to clear at least 3 off. If this is true, Makes sense for the Eagles... they had alot of RB's last year during they're SB run. Plus Howie has been trying to get Shady back since he got back into his GM role.

The 32nd picked for Shady is what I heard. 

If they offered that to Beane on draft day, would you be mad if he'd did it???

Me personally, I wouldn't...Shady is a great back, & will most likely go to the Hall of Fame, he's in great shape, & looks to play the next 3 years at a high level. He's one of those guy's I believe deserves a ring, kinda like Phillip Rivers, Jim Kelly, ect... I know, HE'S OUR ENTIRE OFFENSE! But, even if we draft a QB, we won't be competing consistently on a serious level until 2-3 more years.

Our O-line took a huge unexpected hit, Shady might be in for the worst season of his career... if we get the 32nd pick, we could take Darius Guice, & let him our Rookie QB, possibly DJ Chark in the 2nd grow together. Granted this might not even happen cause again Shady is great, & it's hard to replace greatness, but I feel like it's deserved for the player, plus it will help our cap more come next year.

Thought?

shady is a stud....

but with the 32nd pick.....you could clear $9 mil off the cap and replace him with a team controlled younger guy (michel, guice, jones, chubb, penny, scarbrough)

i'd do it.

besides, shady will struggle this season behind a revamped O-line

This is getting ridiculous!  I'm noticing more and more that people appear to be reading posts by others and then posting pretty much the same thing later as if it was their original thoughts. 

We we had somebody post about trading Shady 7 hours ago!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

If we got good value for him, I wouldn't mind moving him at all.

By the time the QB we are about to draft is good and surrounded by a winning team, Shady won't be part of the picture here anyway.

We were a winning team last year that made the playoffs

1 hour ago, nucci said:

We were a winning team last year that made the playoffs

Players leave, players get older.  We've already lost two OL that started for the 2017 team, and no longer have depth at OLT.

Getting any 1st round pick for a running back Shady's age is an absolute steal.  

I'd rather have Foles though - not a big AJ believer myself.