Simple question: what's the biggest threat to our country at this time?

boyst

The total dependence on electronics. Think about it, there will come a time when our ability to communicate electronically will be shut down. Years ago it was the calculator in middle school that developed a generation that couldn't figure out in their head or on paper the proper change to give for a Big Mac. When the time comes to think on our own will the younger generations be able to?

• Like (+1) 2

A year ago, I would probably have gone with Neo-Progressive Authoritarianism, but I feel like that is fading, and that hopefully it was averted. They will eat themselves.

Instead, it might be the splintering of the culture. It feels like the latest generations of kids are growing up in a thinly spread collection of subcultures, and may not be having enough experiences in common to keep a country bonded together with at least a little bit of a common purpose.

Edited by OJABBA

Two things come to mind right away:

1) The excess in spending by congress, piling deficit upon deficit every year upon an already excessive national debt.

2) The lack of quality, affordable linoleum and formica products for working class households across the lower 48.

It’s clear to me after the events of the past years that Democracy absolutely depends on a free, independent press. Our biggest threat is how the MSM has been completely compromised. Our second biggest thread is that so many people accept what the MSM says without questioning it.

Liberals who will do anything to stay/gain  power. This unrelenting attack on a duly elected leader will eat this country alive from the inside. Who needs Russia when we have liberals?

Milk in a bag, if that **** spreads over the American and Canadian border we are !@#$ed!!!

43 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

The federal debt. When China collects, we're !@#$ed.

Eh, that's not the way bonds work.

Besides, we have more pressing things to worry about, like virus-carrying killer alien bees coming out of bagged Canuckian milk!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Koko78 said:

Eh, that's not the way bonds work.

Besides, we have more pressing things to worry about, like virus-carrying killer alien bees coming out of bagged Canuckian milk!

it's a debt. Debts either get paid or they dont. Hell, China could just quit BUYING it.

4 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

it's a debt. Debts either get paid or they dont. Hell, China could just quit BUYING it.

That's the beauty of the short-term, they really can't without sacrificing their economy.

Though I agree with you, the Federal Government really needs to stop acting like a crack whore on welfare benefits/disability day.

6 hours ago, Azalin said:

Two things come to mind right away:

1) The excess in spending by congress, piling deficit upon deficit every year upon an already excessive national debt.

2) The lack of quality, affordable linoleum and formica products for working class households across the lower 48.

You're an idiot.  How do you even begin to compare overpriced linoleum to the Left/Right Twix campaign that is the scourge of our society?

4 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

So in reading this thread with the exception of bees, our biggest threat is ourselves in one way, shape or form. 

You forgot aliens.

But I am noticing the same thing.

21 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

You're an idiot.  How do you even begin to compare overpriced linoleum to the Left/Right Twix campaign that is the scourge of our society?

I'm not making a comparison between the two - they're not the same at all. That would be like saying that me, an idiot, is the same thing as you, a moron.

37 minutes ago, Azalin said:

I'm not making a comparison between the two - they're not the same at all. That would be like saying that me, an idiot, is the same thing as you, a moron.

No, it's like saying I'm a bigger moron than you are an idiot, when you're the bigger idiot, moron.

And clearly, Left/Right Twix is the bigger problem.  You can avoid linoleum gouging by not buying linoleum.  But you can't avoid the constant bomvardment of the Left/Right Twix narrative.  Wake up, sheeple!

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, THEHARDTRUTH said:

The Trumptards buying up all the livestock for their own sexual gratification leaving the rest of us with no meat to eat. Porkchops. Steaks. Hamburgers. All gone thanks to the Trumptards. 

Do you speak from personal experience?

44 minutes ago, THEHARDTRUTH said:

The Trumptards buying up all the livestock for their own sexual gratification leaving the rest of us with no meat to eat. Porkchops. Steaks. Hamburgers. All gone thanks to the Trumptards. 

Don't worry, when I'm done with Betsy you can have a nice juicy rump roast and all her tender loins you can eat. Just think, she'll be already marinated and tenderized by the pounding. Bon appetit.

Edited by 3rdnlng
  • Haha (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, THEHARDTRUTH said:

Libs are supposed to be vegan.  Stay in line, the government will make choices for you and for the benefit of everyone.