Jon Ledyard/NDT Scouting: 19 first round grades, with 2 of the top 4 QBs left out

Compared to some other big boards, He’s high on Rosen and Mayfield, low on Darnold and Allen. Also high on Hurst and Sony Michel and low on Vita Vea and Tremaine Edmonds.  

Four RBs with 1st rd grades, plus he said nick Chubb wasn’t far off ... makes the Browns it Giants giving up a haul of high picks from the Bills vs drafting Barkley at 2 or 4 a joke. 

19 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He has the same number as me but about 6 different players.  

I have 23 right now

13 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

I’ve been thinking that the Allen buzz is largely being created by his agent to try to boost his stock.  This lends credence to that.  

I hear differently, but I guess we'll see in 3 weeks.

3 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

This seems so weird to me. What’s the point in grading draft picks without positional value? Seems like a totally academic exercise.

yeah the math don't add up if he rates Rosen and Mayfield higher

4 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

This seems so weird to me. What’s the point in grading draft picks without positional value? Seems like a totally academic exercise.

I actually kind of prefer it. This way, it’s more a projection of long term value and calls out when someone is a reach. Like when EJ was drafted....

The point isn’t to predict when players will be drafted for these scenarios and shouldn’t be compared to a mock at all

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Compared to some other big boards, He’s high on Rosen and Mayfield, low on Darnold and Allen. Also high on Hurst and Sony Michel and low on Vita Vea and Tremaine Edmonds.  

Four RBs with 1st rd grades, plus he said nick Chubb wasn’t far off ... makes the Browns it Giants giving up a haul of high picks from the Bills vs drafting Barkley at 2 or 4 a joke. 

13th is pretty low for Mayfield.

And he's only low on Allen compared to moron pundits like Kiper. Most people think Allen sucks. 

Guice over Barkley is pretty bold. Jones in the 1st round is just unconscionable, though. 

49 minutes ago, hemma said:

I'm not surprised about Vea not showing up on his list.  

Looked a little sluggish and won't be able to overpower as easily in the pros.

Yeah, its not like I've seen him a lot but given the hype I was a little disappointed with his bowl game. Reports are that the Penn State O-line had its best game all year, but they were hardly an elite unit and they seemed to me to pretty much neutralize him. On a couple of crucial third down conversion attempts they ran right at him and backed him up.

For a guy his size seeing him on special teams covering punts was pretty impressive though. 

3 minutes ago, SoFFacet said:

13th is pretty low for Mayfield.

And he's only low on Allen compared to moron pundits like Kiper. Most people think Allen sucks. 

Guice over Barkley is pretty bold. Jones in the 1st round is just unconscionable, though. 

Very, very few people think Allen sucks.

There is a faction of folks that don't think he's got the skill set to be an NFL QB.

Most folks see the raw ability, but vary in opinion regarding how much honing of his skill set it'll take to make him successful, and what type of offense he can operate efficiently.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SoFFacet said:

13th is pretty low for

13 isn’t low for Mayfield, that’s pretty high. This isn’t a mock draft. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Just now, thebandit27 said:

Very, very few people think Allen sucks.

There is a faction of folks that don't think he's got the skill set to be an NFL QB.

Most folks see the raw ability, but vary in opinion regarding how much honing of his skill set it'll take to make him successful, and what type of offense he can operate efficiently.

Very few people think he'll be any good. He's inaccurate and slow. Almost nobody with his stats & pedigree has ever been successful in the NFL. 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Any idea what happened to Barkley in his draft?

He’s def. not herd-mind influenced.

13 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Because QB is really the only position where it matters for some people and that's primarily due to the inflation of the position.  So when it comes to QBs they look at positional value.  I tend to agree with that approach.

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Really? I’ve seen the exact opposite.

Allen is the laughingstock of the Draft Analyst community. Sorry if that hasn't permeated this forum as much as the know-nothing ESPN pundits etc. 

2 minutes ago, SoFFacet said:

Very few people think he'll be any good. He's inaccurate and slow. Almost nobody with his stats & pedigree has ever been successful in the NFL. 

No offense, but everything you've said here is flat-out incorrect.

He's extremely likely to be a top-10 pick.  He's at or near the top of most analysts' draft boards, and that includes guys that have actually worked in NFL front offices (and been offered GM jobs) like Daniel Jeremiah.  He's not slow in any respect whatsoever.  He makes better tight-window throws than anyone else in the class; "inaccurate" has always been a mischaracterization.  He needs to learn to adjust is touch on short boundary throws and to further refine his footwork.

As for the "nobody with his stats" stuff, that's been debunked on this board many, many times.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SoFFacet said:

Allen is the laughingstock of the Draft Analyst community. Sorry if that hasn't permeated this forum as much as the know-nothing ESPN pundits etc. 

Again, you're wrong.

Just now, SoFFacet said:

As I said, Ledyard is low on Mayfield, who is the QB1 according to most informed analysts. 

This is also wrong.

Just now, thebandit27 said:

He's extremely likely to be a top-10 pick.  He's at or near the top of most analysts' draft boards, and that includes guys that have actually worked in NFL front offices (and been offered GM jobs) like Daniel Jeremiah.  He's not slow in any respect whatsoever.  He makes better tight-window throws than anyone else in the class; "inaccurate" has always been a mischaracterization.  He needs to learn to adjust is touch on short boundary throws and to further refine his footwork.

As for the "nobody with his stats" stuff, that's been debunked on this board many, many times.

Of course he will probably be a top-10 pick. He doesn't deserve that but some idiot team will pick him there. 

Inaccurate is not a mischaracterization at all. He is inaccurate, period. He is also mentally slow. This is a documented fact. 

I seriously doubt that anyone on this board could debunk anything. Everything you've said is laughably wrong. 

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

Again, you're wrong.

This is also wrong.

Dunning Kruger. 

4 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I highly doubt he lasts beyond pick #3.

1 minute ago, SoFFacet said:

Of course he will probably be a top-10 pick. He doesn't deserve that but some idiot team will pick him there. 

Inaccurate is not a mischaracterization at all. He is inaccurate, period. He is also mentally slow. This is a documented fact. 

I seriously doubt that anyone on this board could debunk anything. Everything you've said is laughably wrong. 

Dunning Kruger. 

First,  you need to look at the difference between opinion and fact.  Allen, as I said, made more tight-window throws than any other QB in the class.  He cannot do that if he's inaccurate.  What you're talking about is completion percentage, which is affected by far more than accuracy (but that's a whole different discussion that's probably too nuanced for someone that won't decipher opinion from fact).  As for mentally slow, well, he did outscore the QB field in the Wonderlic test, so that must make Mayfield and Rosen mental midgets, right?  Or are you referring to on-field processing speed?  That's got far more to do with experience in a system and comfort level with the people around him, but again, we're getting way too far into subject for what you're ready to discuss.

Do yourself a favor and stop now.  You've said some really silly things (he's a laughingstock among the analyst community, Mayfield is everyone's QB1) that can easily be disproved with a link or two (that I'm happy to provide if you want to continue), and the further we go down this rabbit hole, the worse this has the potential to get.

4 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I highly doubt he lasts beyond pick #3.

Barring a trade, he and Darnold will be the first 2 QBs off the board IMO.

• Like (+1) 2