Belichick & Rosen

I've read some reports that the reason for the Brandon Cooks deal is to gain draft capital to move up in the draft.

Just read an article that the Patriots are interested in acquiring the 2nd pick in the draft, giving up both firsts and both seconds.

If they do this and take Josh Rosen I can't wait to see how Rosen and Belichick get along.  Just don't see Rosen as "A Patriots Way" kind of guy.

I see an implosion of epic proportion coming if this occurs.

1 minute ago, RPbillsfan said:

I've read some reports that the reason for the Brandon Cooks deal is to gain draft capital to move up in the draft.

Just read an article that the Patriots are interested in acquiring the 2nd pick in the draft, giving up both firsts and both seconds.

If they do this and take Josh Rosen I can't wait to see how Rosen and Belichick get along.  Just don't see Rosen as "A Patriots Way" kind of guy.

No way!

• Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Both of NE's 1st's and 2nd's (2,106 pts) aren't enough for the 2nd pick (2,600 pts). 

/thread

I was going to say that the 23rd and 31st overall picks aren't going to move NE anywhere near high enough to nab one of the top QBs.  They would have to really mortgage they future to get that high, and I'm not sure that even then the Giants would be happy moving all the way down to the bottom third of the first round.  I bet the Giants would want 3,000 points or more.

10 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

I was going to say that the 23rd and 31st overall picks aren't going to move NE anywhere near high enough to nab one of the top QBs.  They would have to really mortgage they future to get that high, and I'm not sure that even then the Giants would be happy moving all the way down to the bottom third of the first round.  I bet the Giants would want 3,000 points or more.

Speculation is they don't want to move much lower than 5 and that we'll have to trade up again if we want to get to 2.

So, yeah, under no scenario are they dropping to 23.

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Is there a team more inside Bills fans heads? 

Is there a team that is a bigger thorn in our side?  A lot of it is the Bills own doing, but still, they won't just go away.

I don't feel as though giving up that much draft capital and moving up that far fits Belichick's way of doing things. He hit gold with Brady in the 6th round and drafted Garoppolo in the 2nd. I think he would find Brady's successor in a similar fashion. Maybe he would be interested in a guy like Rudolph or Lauletta , but I don't see Belichick trading way up. Just my 2 cents.

22 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Is there a team that is a bigger thorn in our side?  A lot of it is the Bills own doing, but still, they won't just go away.

I sorta agree with your point.... BUT getting the GOAT at QB with pick #199, a COMPENSATORY pick in the sixth round no less, who ALSO continually takes less money on extremely team friendly deals is really not "the Bills own doing".

He needs to fix his defense as they got lit up by Nick Foles of all people.  Solder walking away also puts a hole at OT.  Cooks was a locker room problem in New Orleans and that may have carried into New England.  I don't see them going for a QB.

9 minutes ago, aceman_16 said:

I sorta agree with your point.... BUT getting the GOAT at QB with pick #199, a COMPENSATORY pick in the sixth round no less, who ALSO continually takes less money on extremely team friendly deals is really not "the Bills own doing".

Yeah, the Pats* struck lightening in a bottle with Brady; I bet they won't be able to repeat that.  Brady and Kraft have some side deal, which is beside the point.

I was thinking along the lines of poor FO and HC selections.  Horrible drafting and FA pickups for years.  That is how the Bills screwed themselves.

27 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Yeah, the Pats* struck lightening in a bottle with Brady; I bet they won't be able to repeat that.  Brady and Kraft have some side deal, which is beside the point.

I was thinking along the lines of poor FO and HC selections.  Horrible drafting and FA pickups for years.  That is how the Bills screwed themselves.

Yeah.... That is why I said sorta :).  Truly though imo our front office (and the rest of the AFC East's)  would have looked much smarter without that 199th pick leading the Pats*.

Edited by aceman_16

Supposedly, there are only around 20 or so players with first round grades on them this draft. (lots of 2nd/3rd rounders apparently). It may be that the Cheats are simply putting themselves in position to be able to get one of those guys, if he falls far enough.

Fwiw, I don't think Belicheck would have any problems at all with Rosen wanting to understand the 'why' of things. If anything, I think he would love it, as it means he gets to show how to break down tape more thoroughly. Assuming the 'why' is football related, Rosen could easily come to regret the level of detail Belicheck can supply.

If TB12 does have 4-5 more years in him trading up to 2 for a QB would be stupid.

What I hope they might do is stay put or trade down.

It would be a dangerous game of Russian Roulette to try and force the price of 2,4,5,6 or 7 up.

Then again if they can keep a franchise QB from the Bills..........

Just when things got interesting with the Jests and 3 the Patsies moving in takes it up another level

22 Days until it all plays out.

5 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

If TB12 does have 4-5 more years in him trading up to 2 for a QB would be stupid.

What I hope they might do is stay put or trade down.

It would be a dangerous game of Russian Roulette to try and force the price of 2,4,5,6 or 7 up.

Then again if they can keep a franchise QB from the Bills..........

Just when things got interesting with the Jests and 3 the Patsies moving in takes it up another level

22 Days until it all plays out.

Are you kidding???  You really let that thought slip out of your brain and onto paper no less??  Wow, you have some nerve and for once I can truly say I'm prepared to stand my ground, and defend my viewpoint, because yours is just dumb, and matter of fact sir, just dead wrong...

There CANNOT BE 22 MORE DAYS UNTIL THIS DRAFT!!!  YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS???  ??

I just knew we were down into the teens by now.....welp, I'm not gonna make it.  Praying there's Wi-Fi in Heaven...

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, RPbillsfan said:

9 hours ago, Augie said:

Could this comment have fit in any existing thread about the same stuff? 

he / she is not a newbie.   I;m guessing that some people just don't like using the search function.  

11 hours ago, Augie said:

Could this comment have fit in any existing thread about the same stuff? 

And you could put this comment in any place in any thread right now. Just go with the flow!And you could put this comment in any place in any thread right now. Just go with the flow!

11 hours ago, RPbillsfan said:

I actually hope they do this! Rosen  is is no sure thing to say the least.  I think every “top“ quarterback in this draft is overvalued. By doing this thr Pats* would  loseMost of the best draft picks. They have some serious gaps in multiple positions. Please, let this happen!

11 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Both of NE's 1st's and 2nd's (2,106 pts) aren't enough for the 2nd pick (2,600 pts). 

/thread

This in a nutshell.  It's not even CLOSE to #2 pick value.  Stupid thread.

26 minutes ago, Luxy312 said:

This in a nutshell.  It's not even CLOSE to #2 pick value.  Stupid thread.

Gronk + both 1sts and both 2nds. Giants or Browns might be interested in obtaining the best TE ever and Pats would be smart to dump him now knowing this might be his last year anyhow

13 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

Gronk + both 1sts and both 2nds. Giants or Browns might be interested in obtaining the best TE ever and Pats would be smart to dump him now knowing this might be his last year anyhow

I'll see your 2 - #1's and your 2 #2's  and  I'll raise you... Shady and Hughes.... OR...  Would you prefer 2019 #1 instead of Shady  and Hughes?

12 hours ago, brianb386 said:

I don't feel as though giving up that much draft capital and moving up that far fits Belichick's way of doing things. He hit gold with Brady in the 6th round and drafted Garoppolo in the 2nd. I think he would find Brady's successor in a similar fashion. Maybe he would be interested in a guy like Rudolph or Lauletta , but I don't see Belichick trading way up. Just my 2 cents.

Unless he's trying to destroy the Patriot's future teams before he leaves. 

Giants won't trade out for what Pats have to offer.  They're not trading back 21 spots in this draft.   Beane is so far ahead of them its silly.   Don't forget the difference between a legit NFL GM and dopey Belichick/Kraft.  Pats last trade was dumping Chandler Jones, the best DE in football last year.  Then they sat there and watched their crappy pass rush get zero pressure on Foles and lost the superbowl because of it. 

Oh wait, that was their second to last trade.  The other was Jimmy G for a second round pick hahahahahahaha. 

GENIUSSSSSSSSSSS