LB Rashaan Evans - stock dropping?

6 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I would love this guy at 22.  I didn't hear his stock was dropping, anyone know why?  His tape is and reel is awesome

Questionable athleticism and lack of explosion, no 40 yard time.............. Just what i read

9 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I would love this guy at 22.  I didn't hear his stock was dropping, anyone know why?  His tape is and reel is awesome

Rashaan Evans, who did not run the forty at the combine or Alabama’s first pro day did not run yesterday which left a very bad taste in the mouths of teams who purposely made the trip to watch his workout.

Several teams questioned Evans speed going into the pre-draft process and the fact he’s not yet run the forty coupled with a vertical jump of just 30 inches and 9-feet-8-inches in the broad jump will raise further red flags about his athleticism.

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

So I was hearing the opposite on him and this is surprising, but could really benefit the Bills, potentially 

Nah, this can't be accurate.

I've been told on TSW that Roquan,  Edmunds and Evans are all Kuechly's.   

It's going to be tough choosing the All Pro MLB's this year!

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

No more Bama linebackers.  There are major questions about Evan's athletically and he hasn't addressed any of them in the process.  Frankly I don't think he's anywhere near a fit for what's required from the linebackers in McD's system.

reuben Foster , cj mosely ,donta hightower, reggie ragland, rolando mcclain, mark barron...can't think of any more recently. Wow what a mixed bag.

Mosely and Hightower =all pro caliber

Reggie Ragland= I feel he will turn out to be a pretty good pro in the right system

Barron= was drafted as a ss, has thrived as a linebacker for the rams

Rolando Mcclain= could have been a dominate linebacker, but too big of a thug

Reuben Foster=Could be all pro like mosely, could be a thug like mcclain

R. Evans= Who knows. Seems to be a high character guy, so maybe at least he won't go the way of Mcclain.

5 minutes ago, snamsnoops said:

Questionable athleticism and lack of explosion, no 40 yard time.............. Just what i read

Cool thanks to you and @Yoloinohio for the replies.  

He looks like he flies all over the field on tape, so little surprised by that part.  But admittedly, most my desire for him is based on all the highlights and stuff I watched him more than anything, and of course those dont show missed opportunities.  But, for him what I liked was just how many plays there were in his reel, I mean it was a lot more than most peoples and a ton of wow plays and moments.  You can never put too much stock into highlights, but his just jumped off the screen so much and was one of the bigger reels I had seen.

One thing too...some teams could be spreading distaste for him to try and get his stock to slide they have a shot at getting him later in the first or even early 2nd.  Seen that happen a lot too where teams try to spin a negative story to get a better shot at landing a player.  

4 minutes ago, Loosh said:

Evans is a beast.  Someone wants him to drop.  I consider him the best all round LB in the draft.  Yes, over Smith because he's 10 lbs heavier.

I thought about this because I had heard he was more coveted than Smith 

7 minutes ago, jr1 said:

draft guys like this and quit the QB hysteria

You can probably get him at 22, but it's unwarranted hyperbole to characterize the desire for a franchise qb after 25 years of mediocrity or worse as hysteria.

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

So I was hearing the opposite on him and this is surprising, but could really benefit the Bills, potentially 

Too early to read much into this but he would be intriguing if he was there for us when we pick in the second round.  It would allow us to potentially tweak our first round selections if the plan is BPA from the start and if the FO anticipates such a fall.  Probably too much to hope for but a fan can dream about it.

Edited by RochesterRob
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Gimme vander Esch 

I like Vander Esch a lot, but he has some weakness in his game.  He does not do well with the trash.  If you can keep him untouched he is a terror when he is under control and not over aggressive.  But if you watch the game vs Wyoming and UVA he had tough outings because people got their hands on him.  To his credit though, he's fairly young at the position and his ceiling is very high and easily a 1st round talent but he's got some things to work on.

Evans at this point does a better job using his hands against blockers.  You can see this when he's on the 2nd level at the middle spot, but it also shows up when he has his hands in the dirt as a pass rusher going up against offensive tackles.  

I'm not sure why Evans is choosing not to run.  I take either him or Vander Esch.

6 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

I like Vander Esch a lot, but he has some weakness in his game.  He does not do well with the trash.  If you can keep him untouched he is a terror when he is under control and not over aggressive.  But if you watch the game vs Wyoming and UVA he had tough outings because people got their hands on him.  To his credit though, he's fairly young at the position and his ceiling is very high and easily a 1st round talent but he's got some things to work on.

Evans at this point does a better job using his hands against blockers.  You can see this when he's on the 2nd level at the middle spot, but it also shows up when he has his hands in the dirt as a pass rusher going up against offensive tackles.  

I'm not sure why Evans is choosing not to run.  I take either him or Vander Esch.

not Smith? or are you thinking more BPA for Bills ?

12 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

not Smith? or are you thinking more BPA for Bills ?

Ohh I'm not advocating drafting either.  We gotta get a QB first.  I think Smith is the best in the draft at LB.  After Smith I like Vander Esch and Leonard then Evans.  Something tells me that the Evans we see on tape is not the one that's out there right now.  I can't prove anything but I'd suspect he has a wait problem, namely can't wait to eat LOL and that's why he's not running.  Just thinking about his vertical I can only imagine there may be some discipline issues with respect to eating.  I dunno.  Maybe he's hurt.  In any case, as much as I'm a defensive guy, we gotta get this QB thing dealt with.

Edited by NewEraBills

5 hours ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Staying at 12 and 22 is looking better, but I still want to go after 4-6. 

Is 4 or 6 worth 12 & 22 & a 2nd this year or maybe more?

None of the QBs available scream future HOFer, but 5 have at least a very small chance at that.  

IF the Bills have a strong conviction about one or two of these QBs, then by all means try to move up.  Still, unlikely to be able to make that happen.  

If not, I think let the draft play out through pick 5.  If someone they are very high on lasts to pick 6, be willing to trade up to both 12 & 22 for him.

Otherwise, sit tight at 12 - pick whomever is left (Alle, Mayfield, Rudolph) or another position and regroup to find a QB @ 22 or trade up - or in 2nd round, but know that you will have to move up in round 2 to secure White, Lauletta or Falk...

Edited by OldTimer1960

Just now, NewEraBills said:

Ohh I'm not advocating drafting either.  We gotta get a QB first.  I think Smith is the best in the draft at LB.  After Smith I like Vander Esch and Leonard then Evans.  Something tells me that the Evans we see on tape is not the one that's out there right now.  I can't prove anything but I'd suspect he has a wait problem, namely can't wait to eat LOL and that's why he's not running.  Just thinking about his vertical I can only imagine there may be some discipline with respect to eating.  I dunno.  Maybe he's hurt.  In any case, as much as I'm a defensive guy, we gotta get this QB thing dealt with.

I am all about defense. I hate trading up as well.
But I am committed to Bills doing the right things and getting a QB. I no longer care which one it is of the top 6.
And if they grab one in the second or wait till the third. I have to trust the process. And Bills absolutely need to get a QB they feel strongly about.

But I wish  that LBs,  any or all 3,  could be sorted out this offseason. Then i am fine moving to the O line RG RT and WR WR WR WR  TE

lol.
But Man i really want that Defensive Captain for years to come drafted this year. I love my Defenses

Go Bills

13 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Is 4 or 6 worth 12 & 22 & a 2nd this year or maybe more?

None of the QBs available scream future HOFer, but 5 have at least a very small chance at that.  

IF the Bills have a strong conviction about one or two of these QBs, then by all means try to move up.  Still, unlikely to be able to make that happen.  

If not, I think let the draft play out through pick 5.  If someone they are very high on lasts to pick 6, be willing to trade up to both 12 & 22 for him.

Otherwise, sit tight at 12 - pick whomever is left (Alle, Mayfield, Rudolph) or another position and regroup to find a QB @ 22 or trade up - or in 2nd round, but know that you will have to move up in round 2 to secure White, Lauletta or Falk...

you do mean a QB i think ?