Did Mills sabotage Peterman's start due to his anger over TT benching?

3 hours ago, xRUSHx said:

IMO it was more then just one player that flopped on purpose that day. IMO it was done in respect of the old fired HC and Tyrod. I think playing our old HC that knew these players very well was able to give his new team a very large edge at what to do to exploit all his old players. IMO if Tyrod was starting the game Tyrod would have had one of his worst games ever as a starter, that team was pumped to pound on us. IMO McD did Tyrod a favor not starting him because IMO it would have been for sure Tyrods last game ever as a Bill. 

I do not judge Peterman on that game at all, rookies will have a real stinker game and to judge him on just that one game is way over the top by some fans IMO. IMO that game is forgotten for me when judging Peterman since it did not matter who was QB the team played flat and the old HC had the huge edge being at home also it was Petermans rookie season. 

You cannot be serious with this...

[recalls posting history]

Ok, never mind.

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

the winner you were responding to right there is one of the class acts I was referring to..... you don't think he'll turn on a qb in a heart beat? its like dealing with a toddler.

there's no rational conversation to be had when he enters it.

as for the topic? there was no conspiracy. it was an awful showing from the qb and an awful showing from the RT that has been horrible for years now.

everyone agrees with someone every now and then.  

not just he,  but from what I read a lot of people will be unhappy.  

Allen people will be mad if he's not selected and rag on any others 

Rosen people will be mad if he's not selected and rag on any others 

Rudolph people will be mad if he's not selected and rag on any others 

Darnold people will be mad if he's not selected and rag on any others 

Mayfield people will be mad if he's not selected and rag on any others 

Lauletta people will be mad if he's not selected and rag on any others 

did I miss any?  

47 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

the winner you were responding to right there is one of the class acts I was referring to..... you don't think he'll turn on a qb in a heart beat? its like dealing with a toddler.

there's no rational conversation to be had when he enters it.

as for the topic? there was no conspiracy. it was an awful showing from the qb and an awful showing from the RT that has been horrible for years now.

I know who you're referring to, and I totally agree. Dude has a weird obsession, and I cannot recall him ever posting on another topic other than TT, dating back to BBMB. Very miopic in his opinion, and certainly doesn't seem open minded at all. Completely dismisses anything positive of Taylor. NP literally had the worst half of football ever for a QB (regardless of relative factors), yet where's the criticism? 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

did I miss any?  

well i don't disagree with this. i'll just speak for myself here. whomever they deem fit i'll be on board with. the only preference I have is that its a top prospect. I think the FO and coach have shown enough over the last 12 months for me to have confidence they'll do what it takes one way or the other to get the right guy. unlike a lot on here I don't pretend to know more than the guys that get paid to do it.

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, RussellDopeland said:

What exactly is the fascination with Peterman? Seriously? Quite frankly, he couldn't carry Jeff Tuel's jock. Yet inexplicably there are droves of members here that, not only sing his praises, but are quite convinced that Peterman could become a starting QB in this league. Based on what exactly? Was it his impressively abhorrent play against the Chargers? And yes, let's point the accusatory finger at one of the offensive linemen and blame them for Peterman's abortion of a performance that day.

So answer this. What QB could've done good that game?

The pocket was collapsing on both sides in one second on most plays and tell me a single play where you saw even one receiver who didn't have a DB right on his back. Like I said, even Tom Brady would've had a brutal game.

The fascination with Peterman is his ability to scan the field and he's pretty accurate. It's easy to see that in every other game he's played. I also watched him a lot in college and he was impressive a lot of games. He also has a lot of experience playing in a pro style offense.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

did I miss any?  

That's true, but that doesn't make their ragging warranted. Its more of a defensive tactic. Some people will argue about the dumbest $#!+, without giving any semblance of a reasonable explanation as to why, or totally dismiss any and all factors that at least make the average thinker go "hmmmm". 

The only good that comes from it is that it makes it easy to filter out the posters that you should take seriously, and those you shouldn't. They suffer from "Facebooktwitteritis". And don't get me wrong, I don't think I'm all high and mighty, and that I'm always right. I gladly welcome any criticism or corrections to my ideas and opinions. But at least I try I use perspective when formulating them, so that I don't sound like a total fool, and not subject readers here to that same type of drivel.

Edited by Drunken Pygmy Goat
I #@#$#$# hate autocorrect
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

well i don't disagree with this. i'll just speak for myself here. whomever they deem fit i'll be on board with. the only preference I have is that its a top prospect. I think the FO and coach have shown enough over the last 12 months for me to have confidence they'll do what it takes one way or the other to get the right guy. unlike a lot on here I don't pretend to know more than the guys that get paid to do it.

I got a chuckle out of that,  Aint that the truth.  

I personally like to give a guy a few seasons on the field before I pass judgement and claim they 100 % suck.  

• Like (+1) 2

The first interception went right through Demarco's hands.

The second interception both tackles got abused.

The third interception Ducasse and Mills got run over.

The 4th interception Mills got beat badly by an inside move and SD's DE was right in Peterman's face as he released the ball.

The 5th interception he was hit while releasing the ball.

Horrific OL play.

Edited by Sky Diver

7 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

... Tyrods loads better. Sorry. ?

Wouldn't you hope so? 
Taylor was in his third season as a starter with these players. He has already run the team for a couple months under Dennison's scheme. 

A blizzard and two quarters against a 5-1 San Diego team playing it's best ball in 10 years is the very height of SSS to me, especially in light of his experience. Personally I think he was given the direction to go out there and let it all hang out, that he had gotten the shot because Taylor was too tentative. If you're in that position, maybe you make mistakes thinking you are doing the OC's directive - but given the reaction from the HC, it seems that he wasn't unpleased with the performance.

It counts a whole ton more than what anyone here has to say.

I don't know about the kid. I like an aggressive QB, that does his homework and pulls the trigger with a quick release. I'm also aware that his self-confidence might be misplaced. It's an unforgiving league.

• Like (+1) 1

Hey Scott, Tyrod is no longer here, haha, hey hey hey Goodbye. Time to close that church it was all make believe nonsense. Pitch forks have spoken and that era is now gone. Hey hey hey goodridence.

sorry, not to pick on you but as one of the loudest tyrod detractors on this board it doesn't surprise me that now he's gone rather than just post that he's moved on, no longer here, you instead add the above comment that frankly, looks pretty childish. 

I'm glad he's gone, looking forward to the new stable of QBs going forward.

time to move on.

3 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Then why is he still getting paid? What he showed on film was if we had put a garbage can on the field that day, it would have taken roughly the same effort to get around it.

No player should be wholly judged on one performance but why are you asking me,  ask Beane!

3 minutes ago, suorangefan4 said:

The pocket was collapsing on both sides in one second on most plays and tell me a single play where you saw even one receiver who didn't have a DB right on his back. Like I said, even Tom Brady would've had a brutal game.

The fascination with Peterman is his ability to scan the field and he's pretty accurate. It's easy to see that in every other game he's played. I also watched him a lot in college and he was impressive a lot of games. He also has a lot of experience playing in a pro style offense.

He looked bad that day, but he wasn't the only one to blame. Players and coaches handled that poorly. That said, I'm not ready to complete write him off, but I'm not "fascinated" with much of his game. One of his biggest flaws (especially that day) was that he was POORLY telegraphing his throws. It very very noticeable, at least to me, and it was something that I paid very close attention to in the Colts game. From what I saw, there was improvement there, so I believe that the coaches saw the same thing in LA, and made it a focal point for NP to work on. The fact that he did show improvement gives me some hope for him, but again, I don't have high expectations either.

9 hours ago, dezertbill said:

I ran into an acquaintance last week at a local place here in Las Vegas ( I know, Vegas, right?).  He is from Clarence, and says he has two close friends whom both work within the Bills organization.  When the topic of Nathan Peterman came up vs. the Chargers, he rolled his eyes and laughed.  Told me that some in the building firmly believe that Jordan Mills was so PI$$ED about Taylor's benching that he purposely became a turnstile vs. the Chargers to sabotage Peterman's start.

Now,  first of all I'm skeptical when someone says they have "friends" that work at One Bills Drive (I don't know their names).  Secondly,  I never heard of any claims of players having it in for Peterman over Taylor's benching nor feel that any professional would put another athletes health at risk over a benching.  So I went to the video myself to see if I could notice anything out of the ordinary from Mills' side.

Now, keep in mind that Joey Bosa and Melvin Ingram are two great athletes.  But if you closely watch Mills vs both of them, this guy's friends may be onto something.

I pulled this video from Youtube which shows all 5 picks. (it will make you go to YouTube.com website to watch the video).   Here is what I saw.

:45 - Peterman threads a beautiful pass to Benjamin.  If you notice Mills, he Ole's Melvin Ingram.  Not only does he barely move, he just stands there after Ingram whiffs by him.  Luckily on this play, Peterman completed the ball prior to Ingram getting to him.  Horrible look, horrible effort by Mills.

2:04 - This was the screen pass to DeMarco.  (Slow the video to .25 speed) Mills pulls inside once the Ball is snapped.  Now keep in mind he is running opposite of where the ball is going.  It looks as if he purposely avoids hitting Bosa (ducking to his left) to double team Ducasse's guy (who neither hit and the defender doesn't end up even being involved in the play) .  Bosa fires up the line and hits DeMarco, throwing off his route.  He then closes in on Peterman who has to rush the throw, which is tipped by DeMarco who is probably short of where he was supposed to be due to rubbing Bosa and it's intercepted and taken the other way.  Now some will say "throw it away", or blame DeMarco.  But Bosa's disruption based on Mills inability to just get in his way led to this.  Another bad look.

3:59 - Ingram beats Mills on the outside and Mills hips end up facing the back of the end zone.  Ingram is able to stick up his hand in Peterman's face, which makes him take a step back and right into Bosa coming in from behind.  Now, a smarter QB would have stepped up, and on this play it just looks as if Mills got beat cleanly.  But then again, who knows.

7:27 - On this play, Mills HAS to see that there is Bosa and a blitzer lined up outside of him.  When the ball is snapped, he barely moves and once again ole's Bosa.  While the RB takes on the blitzer, Bosa comes in and crushes Peterman.  Now, some will say a veteran QB should just take the sack on that one and not throw the ball.  But it doesn't take away the fact that Mills looked so badly beaten it makes you wonder how much of it was skill, and how much of it was anger over Taylor's benching?

8:17 - This was a quick three step drop and throw.  For some reason Mills takes a step to the outside, knowing he needs to protect the inside gap to ensure Peterman has a clear line of sight.  Mills basically gives Bosa an inside lane directly into this QB.  This throws off the throw (it's a 3 step drop for God's sake) and ends up being an INT.  Looking at this closely, Mills sets up so wide and then looks so badly beaten inside on such a simple blocking assignment it's f'n crazy.

9:39 -   Peterman's final INT comes from Dawkins' side.  It looks like Bosa makes a move inside and Dawkin's gets hurt (He favor's his shoulder as he comes off the field).  But you'll notice this is the only INT that comes from pressure directly in the face of Peterman that doesn't come from Mills side..

Now, these are the only plays I have video of.  Who knows how many more plays he may have whiffed at.  After watching this video, one could say Mills just had a really bad day.  But some can also say that, on some of those plays,  it looks like Mills was barely making an effort (if any), which makes you wonder.....was he really trying to send a message to the coaching staff for benching Taylor?

As for Peterman, he took a lot of heat for a performance that wasn't all his fault.  Not only does he get a bad wrap from Bills fans, but from around the league in general.  If Mills wanted to sabotage his start and make McDermott look stupid, he succeeded.    It also earned TT the start the following week.

Mission accomplished

More proof that Bills fans love a good conspiracy 

• Like (+1) 1

YES! But he was smart about it. Actually, Mills is a genius. Observe:

First, Mills saw the writing on the wall. His buddy Tyrod was going to be benched, and he knew when the day came he had to be ready. So he started laying the groundwork by getting beat on a fairly consistent basis, knowing Tyrod could just scramble away.

That way, when the day of the benching came, nobody would suspect anything when Mills suddenly could not block!

Once Peterman got in, all Mills had to do was keep on keeping on, as they say.

GENIUS!

Edited by TheFunPolice

1. Jordan Mills sucks...in all games.
  2. Our offensive line is NOT good at pass protection.
  3. When you remove TT and his threat to run, the opposing DC now has a substantial part of the Bills offense he doesn't have to defend and can bring the heat more.
  4. Point 3 above is even more a factor when the new QB is a low round rookie draft pick in his first game.
  5. Jordan Mills sucks...in all games.

I have been saying this all season...love or hate TT all you want, but he over came a lot of poor play by the OL.  Anytime the opposing DC decided to come at our QB, they got to that QB with total ease, often before the QB even completes their drop back.  TT's athletic ability allowed him to escape a lot, but most importantly, his major threat as a runner also resulted in most opposing DC's bringing less heat to try and defend him escaping the pocket.  

Whenever NP was in there, the OL was beyond bad.  Whenever a DC decided to just come at TT and not fear the run, the OL was destroyed.  

We had a bad pass protecting OL and Jordan Mills was the worst offender.  

PS:  If anyone for even a second thought Mills sabotaged that game over at OBD, he would have been dealt with by coaches and teammates.  We were the 6th seed in the playoffs going into that important game.  And with a 17 year drought on the line, NO ONE would have tolerated Mills letting people by on purpose.  

• Like (+1) 3

IMO it was more then just one player that flopped on purpose that day. IMO it was done in respect of the old fired HC and Tyrod. I think playing our old HC that knew these players very well was able to give his new team a very large edge at what to do to exploit all his old players. IMO if Tyrod was starting the game Tyrod would have had one of his worst games ever as a starter, that team was pumped to pound on us. IMO McD did Tyrod a favor not starting him because IMO it would have been for sure Tyrods last game ever as a Bill. 

I do not judge Peterman on that game at all, rookies will have a real stinker game and to judge him on just that one game is way over the top by some fans IMO. IMO that game is forgotten for me when judging Peterman since it did not matter who was QB the team played flat and the old HC had the huge edge being at home also it was Petermans rookie season. 

Thanks man.  I feel like I'm trying to ice skate uphill defending Peterman.  I know that plenty of this criticism is warranted, and even can see where skepticism also has some merit.  But some of it is like wow.  It has been so harsh at times it even made ME forget last year was his rookie year, and that he was a 5th round pick, and not a top 5 first rounder.

You also make a great point in that all rookies will have at least one stinker game.  Can we even take it a step further and say all QB'S PERIOD will have at least one stinker game?  Probably more than one?

MOST INT'S THROWN, SINGLE GAME:

P Manning-6

B Favre-6

J Elway-5

D Marino-5

K Warner-5

T Aikman-5

D Brees-5

E Manning-5

M Stafford-5

J Flacco-5

B Roethlisberger-5

M Ryan-5

R Wilson-5

N Peterman-5 (yes I know it was in a half)

So you see, Peterman is in some elite company.  All jokes aside, I only put that list down to show even the best, at some point are gonna stink it up.  Didn't we pick off Rodgers like 3 or 4 times in a half several years ago?

The kid stunk it up.  Absolutely.  In a half of football.  There it is, no excuses.  But I say again, if you are able to watch one half of football, and are able to make as bold an assumption as to say that a player has ZERO chance of being successful in this league, then my hat's off to you.  I will respectfully disagree, and say that not only do I still believe Peterman has a chance to be successful in this league, I still believe he has a chance to be a starter someday.  Whether or not it's with the Bills remains to be seen, especially depending on what we do in the draft.  But that's just my humble opinion.  I've eaten plenty of crow here at TBD, and have no problems eating a big ol serving again if I'm wrong.  But as long as he's a Buffalo Bill, he'll have my full support.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

sorry, not to pick on you but as one of the loudest tyrod detractors on this board it doesn't surprise me that now he's gone rather than just post that he's moved on, no longer here, you instead add the above comment that frankly, looks pretty childish. 

I'm glad he's gone, looking forward to the new stable of QBs going forward.

time to move on.

Been a while so yes I thought I would add to it in hopes this all ends sooner then later. I have moved on and am much happier now. IMO when the bashing of Peterman and the excuses for Tyrod fly I just can not help myself I guess. Enjoy your day man I sure am.

I thought it was funny.

Edited by xRUSHx
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, smuvtalker said:

Thanks man.  I feel like I'm trying to ice skate uphill defending Peterman.  I know that plenty of this criticism is warranted, and even can see where skepticism also has some merit.  But some of it is like wow.  It has been so harsh at times it even made ME forget last year was his rookie year, and that he was a 5th round pick, and not a top 5 first rounder.

You also make a great point in that all rookies will have at least one stinker game.  Can we even take it a step further and say all QB'S PERIOD will have at least one stinker game?  Probably more than one?

MOST INT'S THROWN, SINGLE GAME:

P Manning-6

B Favre-6

J Elway-5

D Marino-5

K Warner-5

T Aikman-5

D Brees-5

E Manning-5

M Stafford-5

J Flacco-5

B Roethlisberger-5

M Ryan-5

R Wilson-5

N Peterman-5 (yes I know it was in a half)

So you see, Peterman is in some elite company.  All jokes aside, I only put that list down to show even the best, at some point are gonna stink it up.  Didn't we pick off Rodgers like 3 or 4 times in a half several years ago?

The kid stunk it up.  Absolutely.  In a half of football.  There it is, no excuses.  But I say again, if you are able to watch one half of football, and are able to make as bold an assumption as to say that a player has ZERO chance of being successful in this league, then my hat's off to you.  I will respectfully disagree, and say that not only do I still believe Peterman has a chance to be successful in this league, I still believe he has a chance to be a starter someday.  Whether or not it's with the Bills remains to be seen, especially depending on what we do in the draft.  But that's just my humble opinion.  I've eaten plenty of crow here at TBD, and have no problems eating a big ol serving again if I'm wrong.  But as long as he's a Buffalo Bill, he'll have my full support.

There is a very valid excuse. The OL was terrible and gave him no protection.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

And some people want to put the fragile, injury prone, statuesque Rosen behind this line.

I wont hate getting a top QB prospect like Rosen, however, I have real concerns about drafting him and REALLY do NOT want to give up a fortune to get Rosen.  His "Bradford" like durability combined with his Cutler-eque likability, personality, and leadership makes him way to risky IMO to go spend a bunch of assets on.  A guy who has the potential to be a less durable Cutler is not a guy I give up a lot to go get.  

I would actually prefer we get Baker, Allen, or Lamar over Rosen.  In fact, my current board is as follows:  Baker, Darnold, Lamar, Allen, Rosen, Mason.  Lamar and Allen are pretty interchangeable for me...2 completely different type of prospects, but both have IMMENSE upside but a lower floor than Baker and Darnold.  

6 minutes ago, smuvtalker said:

You missed the worst of the worst 

The NFL record for passes intercepted in a single game is 8 thrown by Chicago Cardinals QB Jim Hardy in a game against the Philadelphia Eagles in 1950

Steve DeBerg 7 TAM Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. San Francisco 49ers, September 7, 1986
Ty Detmer 7 DET Detroit Lions vs. Cleveland Browns, September 23, 2001
Glenn Dobbs 7 LAD Los Angeles Dons vs. San Francisco 49ers, December 5, 1948
Zeke Bratkowski 7 CHI Chicago Bears vs. Baltimore Colts, October 2, 1960
Ken Stabler+ 7 OAK Oakland Raiders vs. Denver Broncos, October 16, 1977
Tommy Wade 7 PIT Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Philadelphia Eagles, December 12, 1965

1 hour ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

Don't get me wrong, I understand the decision. The staff wasn't sold on TT, evident by the restructure. The 2 previous games (2nd Jets & Saints iirc) were putrid performances by Taylor, but not Taylor alone. Both offensive and defensive lines were being pushed around like shopping carts all day, and the defense went from giving up yards but limiting points, to giving up yards and tons of points. There were plenty of people to point fingers at...

But I'm not as focused on the decision to bench him and start NP, like the media was, and how the results could have kept the Bills out of the playoffs. The Bills needed to know what they might have in Peterman, with extra draft picks to utilize in the upcoming draft that could be used for a QB. It sent a message to Taylor, and he seemed to respond positively after Peterman was beched after the first half.  

My beef was more with how the coaches called that game with Peterman. You don't start a rookie QB and call the game as if he's a 5 year vet. Lean on the run, utilize draws to help negate the effectiveness of their DEs, and give him easier throws out of play action. Maybe that wouldn't have resulted in a win, but it would have allowed NP to settle down, and the game probably would have been much closer than it turned out to be. It was foolish, but McDermott was a rookie HC after all, and expecting him to not make any rookie mistakes is foolish as well. I'm sure that he learned from it.

Btw, autocorrect on my phone is annoying. How the hell did "utilize" become "Ulrike" or whatever it was?

The problem is that was what we were doing all year and everyone was keyed in on it.  

6 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

There is a very valid excuse. The OL was terrible and gave him no protection.

They really didn't.   Alpha makes some very valid points in regard to Tyrod's mobility severely limiting the OL's pass blocking deficiencies, points that I really hadn't thought about until he brought them up, and I REALLY do hope that McBeane has seen this too and addresses the line in the draft. I'd love to see RT addressed by rd 3 and RG by 4.  I still want Miller to be given another chance because he did show flashes of dominance his rookie year, and last year it felt like he got a raw deal from McDermott due to McD's crush on Ducasse.

22 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

You missed the worst of the worst 

The NFL record for passes intercepted in a single game is 8 thrown by Chicago Cardinals QB Jim Hardy in a game against the Philadelphia Eagles in 1950

Steve DeBerg 7 TAM Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. San Francisco 49ers, September 7, 1986
Ty Detmer 7 DET Detroit Lions vs. Cleveland Browns, September 23, 2001
Glenn Dobbs 7 LAD Los Angeles Dons vs. San Francisco 49ers, December 5, 1948
Zeke Bratkowski 7 CHI Chicago Bears vs. Baltimore Colts, October 2, 1960
Ken Stabler+ 7 OAK Oakland Raiders vs. Denver Broncos, October 16, 1977
Tommy Wade 7 PIT Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Philadelphia Eagles, December 12, 1965

Oh I saw all of those.  I just wanted to list the HOF'ers, and 'Elite' QB's still active to show even the very best stink it up.  

5 hours ago, Billzgobowlin said:

The problem is that was what we were doing all year and everyone was keyed in on it.  

Yet the Bills had won more games than they lost. And honestly, I don't remember seeing too many draws last year.

My point was that, when you start a rookie QB for the first time, typically you run a very basic, limited offense. You don't "get cute", and try to fool the defense by doing things that don't make sense, just to hopefully take advantage of the element of surprise. Granted, the element of surprise is necessary in all games, but that's what draws and play action are for. You get that element, without putting your QB in a position that has not yet comfortable in. You get hesitation from defenders with the draw, and defenders out of place with play action, creating good separation (something that lacked severely in general from the WRs last year anyways). 

Peterman may have failed, but the game plan and play calls put him in a position to fail. 

Actually (IIRC), the opening drive of the game was very run oriented, and the Bills scored. Maybe my memory is off, but I feel like I liked what I saw at the time, to start the game. Then they got away from that, and the Bills fell off a cliff. (edit: I must have been confused with a different game. That wasn't the start to the Chargers game).

Edited by Drunken Pygmy Goat
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Right after the game Bosa had said publicly "It was like he wasn't even trying to block me" 

Joey Bosa Mic'd up: "He didn't block me.. he literally didn't block me"

http://www.totalprosports.com/2017/11/21/micd-up-joey-bosa-bills-literally-didnt-block-me-video/

Just ask Chargers DE Joey Bosa. He was in Nathan Peterson’s face on every single one of his five interceptions, and he was also mic’d up. After one of Peterson’s interceptions, Bosa told somebody on the Chargers sideline, “He didn’t block me. He didn’t block me. Yeah, he literally didn’t block me.”

Five interceptions is pretty terrible. But so is letting a defensive end run straight at your quarterback on every snap.

Hell, if I was a conspiracy theorist—and I’m not—I might even wonder if the o-line let Bosa run wild on purpose because they were mad Tyrod Taylor got benched.

see above

expected no different from the NateHater  

Was it really? 

In hindsight it did light a fire under TT as he played better in the next 3 games, but the fire burned out soon after.

I am not making excuses,  I just provided data to support the OP 

Thanks for posting the "MIC'D UP" feature on Bosa.

That is what I had remembered.

Though in fairness, Mills appeared to TRY to block Bosa on the preceding play.

He just looks like a fat lard ass who can't move laterally quickly enough to get in the way of an athletic guy like Bosa, and in a situation like that, if you are going to get beat, you're going to beat really fast and the defender is going to be past you very quickly.

90% of pass blocking at that level is the ability to be agile, quick, and move laterally fast, keeping your weight over your feet and balanced, even though you are a giant mountain of a man.  A lot of guys that size just can't do it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Ken Stabler and Steve DeBerg may not be Hof'ers but they are well known QB's  even Pro Bowlers 

Indeed they are.  Heck I wouldve thought Stabler was in.  Deberg was a solid, consistent QB who in my opinion was never AMAZING, but was never bad...

3 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Thanks for posting the "MIC'D UP" feature on Bosa.

That is what I had remembered.

Though in fairness, Mills appeared to TRY to block Bosa on the preceding play.

He just looks like a fat lard ass who can't move laterally quickly enough to get in the way of an athletic guy like Bosa, and in a situation like that, if you are going to get beat, you're going to beat really fast and the defender is going to be past you very quickly.

90% of pass blocking at that level is the ability to be agile, quick, and move laterally fast, keeping your weight over your feet and balanced, even though you are a giant mountain of a man.  A lot of guys that size just can't do it.

No problem.     there is much and more to this story.

The Chargers were extra motivated and "felt insulted" that McDermott was playing the rookie while still in the heat of a playoff push.  A Lynn also wanted to prove the Bills made a mistake in overlooking him.  

Just now, smuvtalker said:

Indeed they are.  Heck I wouldve thought Stabler was in.  Deberg was a solid, consistent QB who in my opinion was never AMAZING, but was never bad...

Deberg's biggest knock was that he was an INT machine.    I'm trying to remember ...  I think he lead the league in INTs for a number of years 

27 minutes ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

Yet the Bills had won more games than they lost. And honestly, I don't remember seeing too many draws last year.

My point was that, when you start a rookie QB for the first time, typically you run a very basic, limited offense. You don't "get cute", and try to fool the defense by doing things that don't make sense, just to hopefully take advantage of the element of surprise. Granted, the element of surprise is necessary in all games, but that's what draws and play action are for. You get that element, without putting your QB in a position that has not yet comfortable in. You get hesitation from defenders with the draw, and defenders out of place with play action, creating good separation (something that lacked severely in general from the WRs last year anyways). 

Peterman may have failed, but the game plan and play calls put him in a position to fail. 

Actually (IIRC), the opening drive of the game was very run oriented, and the Bills scored. Maybe my memory is off, but I feel like I liked what I saw at the time, to start the game. Then they got away from that, and the Bills fell off a cliff.

This. X 1000.  Very well explained.  As close to point blank facts as one can get.

9 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

No problem.     there is much and more to this story.

The Chargers were extra motivated and "felt insulted" that McDermott was playing the rookie while still in the heat of a playoff push.  A Lynn also wanted to prove the Bills made a mistake in overlooking him.  

Deberg's biggest knock was that he was an INT machine.    I'm trying to remember ...  I think he lead the league in INTs for a number of years 

Woww...I just looked at his stats....out of a 20 year career, he threw more touchdowns than interceptions......6 FREAKIN TIMES!!! 

That's horrendous!

2 hours ago, suorangefan4 said:

Well then,  our QB problem is solved.  Just give Peterman a season to prove his worth.   No need for people to argue over giving up a king's ransom in draft picks just to select yet another prospect.