CB Phillip Gaines visiting Bills

3 hours ago, Turk71 said:

A free agent who was terrible last year,  he'll fit right in. The process will turn them all around. 

The Patriots are always picking up guys like this to see if they can bring out the talent that lead him to be a day 2 draft pick.

Sometimes, different schemes and environments help guys like this play better.  If not, you let them go.

• Like (+1) 1

Our loss is our Gaines?  EJ didn't have great measurables, but could play a zone CB position pretty well.  This Gaines has much better measurables and was more highly regarded coming out of college, not to mention the fact he's younger.  If he can play, it's all good.

I am hearing the #Bills are closing in on a deal with CB Phillip Gaines

7 replies14 retweets37 likes

NFL Draft Diamonds @DraftDiamonds 3m3 minutes ago
I know the Chiefs fans are rather harsh on Phillip Gaines as a player but what the general public does not know is he is coming off of a knee injury last season. I know people say he sucks but the guy has size and speed. You cannot teach that

NFL Draft Diamonds @DraftDiamonds 1m1 minute ago
Phillip Gaines is a 6'1 corner, he weighs 193 pounds and the kid can fly. He ran a 4.38 forty at the Combine. Remember he was a 3rd round pick. He could be a very good late signing for the Bills
  • Like (+1) 2

On 3/24/2018 at 11:13 AM, MrEpsYtown said:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/phillip-gaines?id=2543851

Draft profile makes him sound like a guy with some length and athleticism to be a zone corner. When it comes to defensive backs, I have to trust McDermott. 

Exactly. That's his forte and I trust him completely with the secondary.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

This is apparently what McBeane looks for in depth players. Great athletes with outstanding measurables who haven't been able to put it all together.

For anyone that wants to read into measureables, one of his top comparables on mockdraftable was Stephon Gilmore at 81.1%...but his next closest comparable, at 80.5%, is Louisville's Jaire Alexander...who would be a great pick at 22 overall...