Who can throw in the snow and bitter cold?

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Ā 

9 7/8th

Ā 

Thats solid.

Ā 

2 minutes ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

Ā 

Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger, Philip Rivers, Peyton Manning, Kurt Warner, Derek Carr, Matthew Stafford, all wear/wore gloves. If you call these guys panzy QBs, give me a panzy QB.Ā 

Ā 

Yep. Panzies. All of them.

Ā 

Edited by simool

Just now, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

Ā 

That's cool. Give me a panzy, HOF QB over a tough no name QB that doesn't wear gloves. I'll take it.

Ā 

Ā 

Agree give me a gloved QB that has top end ball placement overĀ 

Ā 

10 1/8 in Josh Allen that can put the ball anywhere

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

All the top QBs are over the mysteriousĀ cutoff of 9

Ā 

Rodgers is only like 9 3/8" and alot of people did not think he would make it in cold weather, which he has obviously blown to hell. Ā It is probably an over blown metric butĀ it is a logical metric if you have ever thrown a football in cold weather.

1 minute ago, simool said:

Ā 

Rodgers is only like 9 3/8" and alot of people did not think he would make it in cold weather, which he has obviously blown to hell. Ā It is probably an over blown metric butĀ it is a logical metric if you have ever thrown a football in cold weather.

Ā 

It used to be important. Glove Technology makes it less and less importantĀ 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I don't think it'll be an issue... There is like 1 bad weather Arctic tundra game per season at home. These guys are about to be NFL QBs I doubt they have noodle arms and can't handle a bit of wind. Plus they have cold wx gear and heaters on the sidelines... Also I would think the guy will get acclimated and the visiting team would have a harder time adjusting to the wx unless they are coming from a chilly windy place too...

Edited by GrizzReaper

4 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Aaron Rodgers, a California Kid, has played his entire career in Green Bay.

Ā 

/thread

Yep. Oddly Johnson's name has come up when discussing potential draft picks ability to throw in NEF. Johnson'sĀ problems were never with arm strength.Ā 

Edited by Boatdrinks

I think the we need a cold weather power thrower is overrated and can quite possibly put us in position to draft a bust like Allen . This can possibly be the reason why we never hit on our QBs. Ej and Losman had big arms and big hands where did that get them.Ā 

Ā 

Basically we should not draft a guy because of 1 or 2 bad weather gms a yr. That's ridiculous.Ā  Find the best QB and take em not the best QB for our environment.Ā 

4 hours ago, HappyDays said:

We played exactly one game in the snow last year. People act like it's a blizzard in a wind tunnelĀ every Sunday at New Era. Any one of the 1st round QBs from this year hasĀ sufficient arm strength, Rudolph might be the only one with a question mark there.

Ā 

At worst, it's always very windy in that stadium and a lot of QB's have a hard time throwing in the wind.

Ā 

It's basically the stupid reason Ralph benched Flutie for Johnson. Ralph got a hardĀ on seeing how Johnson threw on a windy day against the Colts. The rest is history.

Weather is a factor when you have home field advantage for the AFC Championship. Of course most of you young whippersnappers wouldn't remember that. By the way my hands measure 9 3/8" and I can't throw a football worth a darn.

Edited by bmur66

All these guys can throw well enough and hard enough to survive at the Ralph. Ā The depths people are going to in order to knock some of these guys is absurd.

Ā 

i don't think any of them are any better or worse than the next. Ā They all have strengths and weaknesses. Ā Odds are none are going to be another Kelly. Ā And since I was 4 years old sitting in the Rockpile opening day 1960, you're all youngĀ whippersnappers to me.

• Like (+1) 1

Are there any QBs from Alaska available in the draft?

Ā 

Geez.Ā  Even weak-assed-arm Chad Pennington played well in NY.Ā  As long as the QB has an NFL-caliber arm the weather is not an issue.