Who can throw in the snow and bitter cold?

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Why just those 2? How many times has Mayfield played in the snow?

In 2011 we should have passed on Newton since he's from the South and never played in the snow.

Luck never played in the snow, he wouldnt have fit in Buffalo. Another California kid.

Watson didnt see much snow in South Carolina, not a fit for the Bills.

Let's just draft UB's QB.

I hear there's a couple kids at R.I.T that basically dominate frisbee golf. Bet they could throw in the snow.

• Haha (+1) 1

We played exactly one game in the snow last year. People act like it's a blizzard in a wind tunnel every Sunday at New Era. Any one of the 1st round QBs from this year has sufficient arm strength, Rudolph might be the only one with a question mark there.

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

The nitpicking is getting beyond ridiculous.  Happens every year with people talking themselves out of liking good QB prospects. 

Ever since Rob Johnson, there has not been one single QB from California that played well in cold weather. It just doesnt happen. Impossible.

We have fans living in fear of Rob Johnson. That's how beat down this fanbase is. I cant really blame them, but we should be better than this.

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Why just those 2? How many times has Mayfield played in the snow?

In 2011 we should have passed on Newton since he's from the South and never played in the snow.

Luck never played in the snow, he wouldnt have fit in Buffalo. Another California kid.

Watson didnt see much snow in South Carolina, not a fit for the Bills.

Let's just draft UB's QB.

Or we can just draft a Wyoming QB.... 

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Ever since Rob Johnson, there has not been one single QB from California that played well in cold weather. It just doesnt happen. Impossible.

We have fans living in fear of Rob Johnson. That's how beat down this fanbase is. I cant really blame them, but we should be better than this.

Hell.  RJ's issue wasn't arm strength.  It was mostly lack of an inernal clock that led to sacks and injury. 

2 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

I did..I can't find one having them play QB in a cold weather game...post a link please.

Again, neither did Newton, Luck, Watson, Goff, Mahommes, Winston, Mariota.... should I keep going?

But you will see tape of them slinging that ball with plenty of zip to survive our 1 bad weather game/year.

Edited by DrDawkinstein

12 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

There's a kid name of Brady that grew up in California....

The fact is that a lot is of kids don’t play in snow and bitter cold before they get to the nfl, no matter where they went to school or grew up. The HS season ends in October with playoffs in November and college season ends in November. Post season is in dome or warm weather.

In the Big 10 we might get about 2 cold/snow games a year, other conferences like ACC (Pitt), Big 12 might get one.  It gets cold and I like to see RBs who know how to hold onto an ice cold football or LBs maintain footing in the snow. But for a QB, the sample size in that weather is never very big.

Edited by YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

But he played in MICHIGAN

But he grew up in California ... the weather DIDNT bother him at Michigan 

Brady left California when he was 18, Darnold is 20

There is no difference, they are both CA kids

Edited by Buffalo716

Probably Allen and Rosen. I don’t love the way Darnold holds the ball and his hands are bit on the smaller side. He would be the one I’d be worried about honestly. I’m not thinking much about Baker honestly becuase I do not think this regime will draft him. 

As much as everyone hates on Peterman, he has really big hands and I think it helped a lot in the snow game. 

• Like (+1) 1