Bills moving up to 5?

Just now, bobobonators said:

Lets trade every first round pick for the next 10yrs to move up to #1. You cant get anymore “franchise” than the #1 overall pick right? A franchise QB. Franchise. The franchise. 

That's a bad idea.  I think both first round picks (one we got from the Chiefs last year), a 2nd round pick (the one we got for Watkins), and the 3rd round pick (the one we got for Taylor) would suffice.  Maybe throw in a 2nd round pick next year if that doesn't get the job done.  That way we get our quarterback and still can improve the team with the remaining 5 picks in the draft.

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Bendernaught said:

This is an interesting mock.

Is Baker Mayfield worth 21, 22 and a first in 2019?

Post NFL Scouting Combine Mock

Can't see Bills moving up and paying that much for the fourth QB in this draft scenario unless it was Mayfield they wanted all along and just weren't able to swing the deal.  

Edited by richardb1952

2 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

They have Mason Rudolph going 32, I really like him too. I like Baker Mayfield as well though, I like the two most controversial QBs in the draft. :D

I don't think I'd go as high as 5 for Baker though, maybe 7-8 if we could get a fair trade or throw Glenn in to lessen the blow.

If I'm a Hollywood director and need a guy to play a QB, it'd be Rudolph. If I'm a GM and need a guy to actually PLAY QB?.... pass 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

That's a bad idea.  I think both first round picks (one we got from the Chiefs last year), a 2nd round pick (the one we got for Watkins), and the 3rd round pick (the one we got for Taylor) would suffice.  Maybe throw in a 2nd round pick next year if that doesn't get the job done.  That way we get our quarterback and still can improve the team with the remaining 5 picks in the draft.

I was being sarcastic. ?

2 minutes ago, mileena said:

Cleveland is drafting Saquan Bakley with the first pick, not Darnold. And there is no way we give up that much for Mayfield.

If the Browns use the first overall pick on a RB in this draft it will be the dumbest move they have ever made--and that's saying a lot.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, mannc said:

If the Browns use the first overall pick on a RB in this draft it will be the dumbest move they have ever made--and that's saying a lot.

Barkley is hands down a generational talent. He is not Trent Richardson 2.0 by any stretch. 

With 1 and 4 taking the best RB/player in this draft off the bd. they can easily still hit on one of the top 4 guys.  Them not taking a QB at 1 or 4 would def be the dumbest thing the Browns could do no doubt.

Edited by Real McCoy
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, mileena said:

Cleveland is drafting Saquan Bakley with the first pick, not Darnold. And there is no way we give up that much for Mayfield.

What else can you tell us? I really don’t feel like watching the draft so if you can tell me how it all plays out, that’d be great

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, mannc said:

Couldn't disagree more. Barkley is the closest thing to a can't miss prospect in this entire draft. CLE has the draft capital to take Barkley first and move up to two or 3 IF they have a strong QB preference. I'd actually be surprised if they pick at 1 and 4, as 2 and 3 have already been put up for " sale". They really can have their proverbial cake here. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t think he will go that high/wouldn’t give up that much for him. I think he goes in the teens. I would trade up to the teens for him.

Gotta see what the Jets do at QB.  If they don’t land someone in FA, they’ll nab baker at six assuming Darnold and Rosen are gone and they don’t trade up).  If the Vikings land cousins I think teams trading up for QBs becomes inevitable, but we’ll see

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t think he will go that high/wouldn’t give up that much for him. I think he goes in the teens. I would trade up to the teens for him.

I understand your preference  to move up to a lower position to get one of the premium prospects but that's a gamble that I'm not willing to make. I would rather be more aggressive than being more conservative to secure a franchise qb. The priority is to come out of this draft with our long term qb. If you look at the hefty cost as a long term investment then the benefit would be worth the extravagant price. However, if during the draft process our evaluators upgrade the status of qbs such as Rudolph and Jackson then I will be more willing to be less aggressive in the selection of our qb.

The example that should be our model is what the Rams and Eagles did two years ago to get their respective qbs. Was it worth it? Definitely yes. 

38 minutes ago, Bendernaught said:

This is an interesting mock.

Is Baker Mayfield worth 21, 22 and a first in 2019?

Post NFL Scouting Combine Mock

I would be pissed if Bills gave up both 1st this year for this group. No way!!!!! Maybe 21st and next years 1st but not both this year. QB is a gamble pick either way, 80% chance he is not your starter in 3 years.

I like Mayfield, but would rather trade 21, 22, 53 and 65 and keep next year’s first - IF you are willing to go that high.

i would be pretty happy with Rudolph or Jackson near 21 or Mike White in round 2.  Now, they aren’t maybe as good of prospects as Mayfield, but they also cost a LOT less giving you an opportunity to recover if they don’t pan out.  How can you recover if you make that deal for Mayfield and he doesn’t pan out due to his height, off field problems or other reason?

21 minutes ago, mannc said:

They have the 4th pick, they get 1 of the 4 QB's anyway. That just means they must have the RB, Taylor is starting anyway. There is no clear #1 QB.

Get your franchise QB and everything else falls into place. At the very least you will be competitive each year. Whoever is against moving up in the draft for a franchise QB doesn't understand how the NFL works. There are always top notch players in FA that you can get to fill out a team if you have the cap. When does a top 10 QB hit the FA market during their prime? NEVER! Go up and get the guy, don't care what it takes. Give me a Brady, Big Ben, Wentz, Goff, Luck (injuries derailed him), Ryan, Manning, Newton, Brees, Rodgers, Wilson, Rivers. I'll take my luck with one of these guys at QB with nobodies surrounding them. Once we get that guy we have 15 years of draft picks/trades/FA to fill out our line-up. QB is the only position in the NFL in which you can only get the top guys in the draft. We got a top 5 RB from a trade, you think we could do the same for a top 5 QB? 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Not really concerned with what we give up to trade up for a QB, more concerned with getting it right. If you hit, pretty much any amount is worth it. If you miss you're in trouble. 

But your reasoning is exactly why you don't move up. You won't know if you missed for 3-4 years. You will know within one year if you hit big. That is allot of risk to give picks up for those odds. Unless a Luck or Manning is sitting there you don't do this.

4 minutes ago, USABuffaloFan said:

But your reasoning is exactly why you don't move up. You won't know if you missed for 3-4 years. You will know within one year if you hit big. That is allot of risk to give picks up for those odds. Unless a Luck or Manning is sitting there you don't do this.

You have to believe in the QB. In reality what are you risking? A pro bowl quality DT, OL, or LB? None them are winning you a championship. 

5 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

Get your franchise QB and everything else falls into place. At the very least you will be competitive each year. Whoever is against moving up in the draft for a franchise QB doesn't understand how the NFL works. There are always top notch players in FA that you can get to fill out a team if you have the cap. When does a top 10 QB hit the FA market during their prime? NEVER! Go up and get the guy, don't care what it takes. Give me a Brady, Big Ben, Wentz, Goff, Luck (injuries derailed him), Ryan, Manning, Newton, Brees, Rodgers, Wilson, Rivers. I'll take my luck with one of these guys at QB with nobodies surrounding them. Once we get that guy we have 15 years of draft picks/trades/FA to fill out our line-up. QB is the only position in the NFL in which you can only get the top guys in the draft. We got a top 5 RB from a trade, you think we could do the same for a top 5 QB? 

If only it were so easy... go down to the top 5 QB store and get yours! What exactly are the chances one of these draft picks is a top 5 NFL QB? After all, there are 5 top 5 NFL QBs and the draft is held every year. Do the Bills believe in a player enough to pay the cost to move into the top 5 picks or so? Donthey think there is a Wentz/ Luck type franchise changer in this draft? Most " experts" don't fwiw. 

23 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

What else can you tell us? I really don’t feel like watching the draft so if you can tell me how it all plays out, that’d be great

I get a kick out of the people who are so “sure” of anything in the draft. NOBODY knows, even the people who do it full time for millions of dollars. “I think” or “I’d bet” is about as far as anyone can reasonably go. I get that some people have strong opinions, but they are just that...opinions. And you might even be right! But you can’t be sure....

21 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Buffalo gives up all 4 picks in first 2 rounds for 1st pick overall.

Buffalo selects drum roll please, Saquon Barkley

Buffalo then trades Saquon Barkley for Luck from Indy, Indy drafts Baker.