Rumor: Incarcerated Bob swears that the Bills were the team offering a 2nd for Foles

5 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Even if this were true, the Eagles will want a lot more than a 2nd round pick for Foles.

The Eagles hold all the cards in this situation. They will command a king's ransom for Foles.

I know what you're saying, they do hold the cards to a degree. If he was signed to a long term contract then it would be more true. Teams could just wait a year and sign him then.

I would trade  the #21 pick and Tyrod Taylor to the Eagles for Nick Foles. The Bills would first have to pay TT his 6 Million dollar bonus. The Eagles would get a first round pick as Foles becomes a FA next year, and they will get nothing. They will also get a quality backup in TT. Reports out of Philadelphia are that Wentz is way a head of schedule and will be ready for opening day. The Eagles are in bad shape cap wise and will have to create a little over 2 Million to pay TT instead of Foles. And Buffalo gets a quality QB on the cheap this year. With money next year to entend  him. Win/win for both teams ???

• Like (+1) 3

28 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

Would you guys give up number 21 or 22 ?

No. That would mean that the Bills would not be using a 1st on a QB in the draft, ans I would much rather take a shot on a QB in the draft than give up a 1st for Foles. 

To be perfectly honest, I'm not even that crazy about the idea of giving up a 2nd for him. Again, my worry is if they gave up a 2nd for Foles it might mean that there is less of a chance that they go QB in the 1st.

Maybe one would have nothing to do with the other though, I don't know. 

I guess Im not convinced that Foles will be a successful QB on another team.

And As I've said in other threads, I don't know that he is really much more than a bridge QB anyway. 

I am more ore than ok with the Bills acquiring him, but a 2nd is the absolute most I would pay and im not even crazy about that. 

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, McBean said:

I’m just not sold on Nick Foles. 

I think it was a fluke and more coaching than him.

But is he an upgrade? I think he is, and as mentioned Beane was't a pocket passer. And as to Coaching ?
Obviously he had good Coaching. Thats does not just go away. He is a smart developed player who fits McDermotts Requirements

1 minute ago, BillsFan4 said:

No. That would mean that the Bills would not be using a 1st on a QB in the draft, ans I would much rather take a shot on a QB in the draft than give up a 1st for Foles. 

To be perfectly honest, I'm not even that crazy about the idea of giving up a 2nd for him. Again, my worry is if they gave up a 2nd for Foles it might mean that there is less of a chance that they go QB in the 1st.

And As I've said in other threads, I don't see him as much more than a bridge QB anyway. 

I'm more in favor of going up to get Rosen. But, If that doesn't work I think the idea of Foles instead of say Rudolph is intriguing.

2 minutes ago, McBean said:

I’m just not sold on Nick Foles. 

I think it was a fluke and more coaching than him.

His Playoff run has Flacco written all over it. 22 wins in 6 years, very average stats minus the one good year. Grab the QB they want in the draft and be done with it. This would seem like settling.

1 minute ago, BillsFan4 said:

And As I've said in other threads, I don't see him as much more than a bridge QB anyway. 

I don't feel they are exclusive. Bills might be looking to the guy who drops out of the top ten picks.
Ideally they do both !!

• Like (+1) 1

Foles isn't that good imo. Not worth a 1st or 2nd. This guy got hot at the right time with an incredibly deep football team. The Eagles coaching staff deserves a lot of the credit for that superbowl run. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

A second-rounder for Foles feels dead on to me from a buyer's point of view.

These are the scenarios I see for Foles:  

1.) We re-sign him immediately, he's everything we hope for, and while awesome, our cap structure has instantly become the same as teams with Star QBs.  

2.) We re-sign him immediately, he doesn't repeat last season, and our cap is totally screwed for a few years.

3.) We trade for him, start him, he's awesome, and now we risk him being a 1-year rental or having to franchise him and our cap structure is again the same as teams with Star QBs. 4.) We trade for him, start him, he sucks and we let him go, losing our compensation for nothing. 

That's a lot of risk for the buyer to take on.  Compare that to one of the potential 6 first-round options at QB, where they are either awful and you let them go, or solid and cost-controlled for 5 years to use the $$$$ to build the team around them.  Plus, Foles will give you 5-8 years, while a first-round QB could potentially give you 10-15.

I get that Foles had a great playoff year, but he hasn't exactly proven it outside of that situation and I'd rather take my shot on a rookie unless the price is right on Foles.

If I was the Eagles, I'd probably just keep him over a 2nd rounder, so I'm not sure a deal will realistically get done.

Edited by Chilly
  • Like (+1) 1

As much as I say the Bills are the team, I strongly consider this was leaked from the Eagles to get the bidding war going. 

I honestly wouldn't mind a Super Bowl MVP, who has ties to Shady and McDermott. Still think they really want a QB that is drafted. But, this could be our guy. Eagles need cap space and picks. Bills could help them.

12 minutes ago, Iamkrgr said:

Foles isn't that good imo. Not worth a 1st or 2nd. This guy got hot at the right time with an incredibly deep football team. The Eagles coaching staff deserves a lot of the credit for that superbowl run. 

And him too...Yoy don't become super bowl MVP just by good coaching.  The guy played lights out against the best dynasty in Football.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Steptide said:

If the bills were to get him, I would think he's a bridge qb. Still think the bills would draft a qb in 1st round 

they should regardless. should not affect them getting their guy. If the trade to Philly would sincerely limit Bills ability to stretch out ? have to say no to Foles.

But as far as Vet QBs He is my pick and i will be happy if he becomes a Bill. Methinks you guys who doubt his current ability to run an Offense and make good decisions is flawed.

imho

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Even if this were true, the Eagles will want a lot more than a 2nd round pick for Foles.

The Eagles hold all the cards in this situation. They will command a king's ransom for Foles.

Aaaaand they will shoot themselves in the foot doing it. Take the highest you can get, but don't be delusional about what you actually have. He's a journeyman QB who got hot at the right time. Good for Foles, but I hope we don't overpay for him. 

32 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

I'm more in favor of going up to get Rosen. But, If that doesn't work I think the idea of Foles instead of say Rudolph is intriguing.

Me too. I want the Bills to go up and get Rosen, or if not him Darnold/Mayfield. 

If it came down to Foles for a 2nd or Rudolph in the 2nd, I honestly don't know which I'd pick. But I think I'd lean towards Rudolph. Just comparing college stats (since we can't compare NFL stats...), Rudolph's seem quite superior...

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/mason-rudolph-1.html

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/nick-foles-1.html

There is more of that unknown factor with Rudolph obviously. 

I feel like at 29 Foles probably is what he is at this point. Rudolph has the potential to be better, or worse. If Beane vets him and feels he has the potential to be better, then I'd rather take the gamble on Rudolph reaching that higher ceiling. 

Plus weve played around round with other teams backups long enough. Im of the thinking that it's long past time to draft and develop our own.