Rapaport: Bills won’t cut Tyrod, fine with paying 6 mill bonus

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

Carried them to what?  These records below?

2001 NFC West 4th 7 9 0
2002 NFC South 2nd 9 6 1

2003 NFC South 4th 5 11 0

2004 NFC South 1st 11 5 0

2005 NFC South 3rd 8 8 0
2006 NFC South 3rd 7 9 0

I guess you have never heard me say that wins/losses are a team stat I guess

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, McBean said:

Another great reason to turn off the TV on Sundays in 2018 to spend time with family.

I can’t watch another Bills game with Tyrod Taylor under center.

giphy.gif

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Ittakestime said:

JUST MOVE ON ALREADY!!!!!

I would rather watch Fitzpatrick start next year than see this Tyrod crap again. 

I cant take another season with him on team even as a bridge. 

You would rather watch losses? It's a strategy. Bills could dump Taylor and lose next year to get a top pick. 

• Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Virgil said:

What’s the cap hit to trade him after his option is picked up?

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/tyrod-taylor-7899/

click on the little red X's on right for details.

What is lacking on this site is how it all works if he is traded during season when he has been paid weekly salary already. It would change every week I guess as to dead cap etc etc.......

Keep in mind 19 20 21 are mirages as he is a UFA after 2018 without a contract extension negotiated.

Edited by cba fan

I think Beane is just being a responsible GM

AT THIS MOMENT IN TIME we do not have a QB on this roster better then Tyrod Taylor.

If teams know we are gonna dump him....why should they trade for him?

Its better to be playing in desperation mode?   You can nit pick on TT's faults all you want.....some of them are valid....but to leave yourself out there with NO starting NFL QB talent and then try to predict what everyone else is gonna do in free agency in draft is a bad bad strategy.

Just let Beane work

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, ProcessTheTrust said:

Ian Rapaport is always right. JK, he's usually right. JK, he's sometimes right. JK, he's been right a few times. JK, he's been right maybe once before. Yeah, that sounds right.

That's the thing....who knows if  this is even legit or not.  It's that time of the year.

We apparently are in love with Allen, Darnold and Rosen.  3 Analysts with 3 different sources telling them 3 different things.

1 minute ago, John from Hemet said:

I think Beane is just being a responsible GM

AT THIS MOMENT IN TIME we do not have a QB on this roster better then Tyrod Taylor.

If teams know we are gonna dump him....why should they trade for him?

Its better to be playing in desperation mode?   You can nit pick on TT's faults all you want.....some of them are valid....but to leave yourself out there with NO starting NFL QB talent and then try to predict what everyone else is gonna do in free agency in draft is a bad bad strategy.

Just let Beane work

We won't have a better QB on the roster by the time his bonus is due either. 

I actually wonder if the Bills are willing to eat the $6 million to increase Taylor's trade value. 

Edited by TheTruthHurts

4 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

JUST MOVE ON ALREADY!!!!!

I would rather watch Fitzpatrick start next year than see this Tyrod crap again. 

I cant take another season with him on team even as a bridge. 

I can deal with him being the bridge for one more season. What I won't be able to deal with is if we keep him and then don't draft Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield, Allen, or Jackson. That would be unacceptable.

Wawrow is exactly right.  Cutting Tyrod now, just to scratch an itch among an annoying part of the fanbase, makes no sense.  They screwed this up royally with Fitz and it's nice to see them learning.

EDIT: ^^see above^^ as if on cue... :lol:

Edited by Coach Tuesday
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2