Rapaport: Bills won’t cut Tyrod, fine with paying 6 mill bonus

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t disagree that there is a chance but the small chance isn’t worth the large investment. If McCarron is $7-$10M I am okay with it. If he gets a Glennon contract I think it is stupid. 

Funny you mention Glennon because thats the exact comparison I think of when considering McCarron. I am hard pressed to understand why anybody thinks he will be any more of a QB than any of the marginal starters/ backups that will be available. The Bears decision re: Glennon should be a cautionary tale to everyone thinking of McCarron, Keenum. What has McCarron really shown to justify the chatter ? I too am okay with McCarron at the range you are talking about with the caveat that we still draft someone in the top-15 this year. 

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

But that is the situation. If you want a McCarron or Keenum it will be that price. That’s why I don’t want them. You can’t just say “i want or don’t want ____.” You have to factor in the cost. It is the most important part.

Giant face palm.  Stop with those two.  

You are making an argument I have no part of.   

Direct it to the others that do and not to me please.  

I never said I wanted them.   You brought them up not me. 

On 2/22/2018 at 2:52 PM, CaptnCoke11 said:

lol he’s gone.

On 2/22/2018 at 3:05 PM, Doc said:

Strategery.

On 2/22/2018 at 3:18 PM, Bangarang said:

Translation: We’d rather trade him instead. Please call us.

Just wanted to give some props to a few of the guys who called it correctly.

I'm on the record, I didn't; I thought they'd hang onto Tyrod until the ink was dry with a guy they like better, and that other teams would call their bluff and wait for the $6M bonus to drop (or the Turk to visit).

46 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Funny you mention Glennon because thats the exact comparison I think of when considering McCarron. I am hard pressed to understand why anybody thinks he will be any more of a QB than any of the marginal starters/ backups that will be available. The Bears decision re: Glennon should be a cautionary tale to everyone thinking of McCarron, Keenum. What has McCarron really shown to justify the chatter ? I too am okay with McCarron at the range you are talking about with the caveat that we still draft someone in the top-15 this year. 

And actually, I'd go further and say that before Chicago got out the checkbook, Glennon actually showed more as a QB than McCarron has done.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Just wanted to give some props to a few of the guys who called it correctly.

I'm on the record, I didn't; I thought they'd hang onto Tyrod until the ink was dry with a guy they like better, and that other teams would call their bluff and wait for the $6M bonus to drop (or the Turk to visit).

Thanks Hap but at worst I thought it was the typical pre-FA/draft "news" teams put out there to get others to bite.  And it worked.  We'll never know now whether the Bills would have kept or cut TT prior to 3/16 but thanks (I believe) to Rap's report, we won't have to find out and got a nice pick in the process. 

And I still think the Bills have a deal with the Eagles for Foles, whereby they get to top the best offer the Eagles get for him.  I can't see the plan being Peterman or trading into the top-5 to get a QB and giving up all that draft capital. 

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

Thanks Hap but at worst I thought it was the typical pre-FA/draft "news" teams put out there to get others to bite.  And it worked.  We'll never know now whether the Bills would have kept or cut TT prior to 3/16 but thanks (I believe) to Rap's report, we won't have to find out and got a nice pick in the process. 

And I still think the Bills have a deal with the Eagles for Foles, whereby they get to top the best offer the Eagles get for him.  I can't see the plan being Peterman or trading into the top-5 to get a QB and giving up all that draft capital. 

They might want Foles.  I'm not sure that's a good idea without the likes of DeFilippo as QB coach, Agholor and Jeffery as targets, and that OL in front of him - but it's a point that any QB we take will be in trouble if we don't upgrade in the center of the OL.  Kelce >>>> Groy at center even not factoring in the hats.

Come to think of it, with DeFilippo as OC in Minn, a little strange we haven't heard more about Foles to Minn.  But I digress.

I hope and pray the plan isn't Peterman as that would cause an ineridicable loss of faith in McBeane on my part.

I don't think Beane GAF about giving up draft capital, if he sees someone he really fancies at QB.  I don't think he will, just because of hype and a feeling we ought to. 

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

They might want Foles.  I'm not sure that's a good idea without the likes of DeFilippo as QB coach, Agholor and Jeffery as targets, and that OL in front of him - but it's a point that any QB we take will be in trouble if we don't upgrade in the center of the OL.  Kelce >>>> Groy at center even not factoring in the hats.

Come to think of it, with DeFilippo as OC in Minn, a little strange we haven't heard more about Foles to Minn.  But I digress.

I hope and pray the plan isn't Peterman as that would cause an ineridicable loss of faith in McBeane on my part.

I don't think Beane GAF about giving up draft capital, if he sees someone he really fancies at QB.  I don't think he will, just because of hype and a feeling we ought to. 

DeFillippo is a non-issue.  Foles had a great 2014 season without him.  And QB coaches are largely overrated, even more so once a QB has been in the league for years. 

As for the other stuff, I would definitely favor upgrading the OL if they trade for Foles, and just in general.  And remember that Agholor, the 20th overall pick in the 2015 draft, was looking like a major bust until this past season, his 3rd, so I still hold out hope for Zay. 

1 hour ago, Doc said:

DeFillippo is a non-issue.  Foles had a great 2014 season without him.  And QB coaches are largely overrated, even more so once a QB has been in the league for years. 

As for the other stuff, I would definitely favor upgrading the OL if they trade for Foles, and just in general.  And remember that Agholor, the 20th overall pick in the 2015 draft, was looking like a major bust until this past season, his 3rd, so I still hold out hope for Zay. 

Well, I could be wrong.  But I thought Foles had significantly improved on some flaws in his game in 2013/2014 that continued through his Rams stint, namely his performance under pressure, being willing to step up or shift around to avoid it instead of bailing out of the pocket.  And I can't find the article now, but I read one making that same comment and giving DeFilippo and Reich credit for that.  And it has been documented that DeFilippo is a known workaholic who gives his QB a lot of help in breaking down their reads and being thoroughly prepared.  For example this

In 2012 (Foles draft year) his QB coach was....Doug Pederson.  2013: Bill Lazor.  2014: Bill Musgrave.  Maybe it makes a difference?  Maybe QB coaches are overrated because many of them don't do much, but when they do, it makes a huge difference.

I agree with you on Zay.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 2