Falcons owner Arthur Blank irked by Patriots' 283-diamond rings

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22290022/atlanta-falcons-owner-arthur-blank-irked-new-england-patriots-283-diamond-super-bowl-rings

"As if the Falcons' collapse against the Patriots in Super Bowl LI wasn't enough, Atlanta owner Arthur Blank says the disappointment didn't lessen when New England unveiled its championship rings -- and all 283 diamonds embedded in them.

Blank told the New York Times that he was bothered that Patriots owner Robert Kraft seemingly took a jab at the Falcons by using 283 diamonds in each ring -- reflecting the 28-3 lead Atlanta coughed up last February."

"I said to Robert, 'You didn't have to do the 28-3 in the ring,'" Blank told the Times. "It kind of pissed me off."

The Patriots unveiled the rings last June. At the time, Patriots spokesman Stacey James said the rings each have 283 diamonds "to tell the story of the game."

The number of diamonds was the most used in a Super Bowl ring and more than double what the Patriots had in their rings in 2004 and '05, the team said.

• Haha (+1) 1

While I don't like the Patriots perhaps don't blow a freakin 28-3 lead in the SB and this isn't an issue. The way the Pats pride themselves as a team/org on 28-3 is the same as how us as Bills fans brag about 35-3 against Houston.

5 minutes ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

What the heck is it this week with all the things I end up defending Brady or the Patties on? I do not like it.

Anyhow, Blank...you don't like it try not giving up a 25 point second half lead to lose the Super Bowl. You made yourself a clown.

All this time I thought the combination of Quinn and Shanahan were the ones that screwed the pooch... now you tell me it was Arthur Blank that didn't know enough to stick with his running game to close out the game???

See the source image

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, transient said:

All this time I thought the combination of Quinn and Shanahan were the ones that screwed the pooch... now you tell me it was Arthur Blank that didn't know enough to stick with his running game to close out the game???

See the source image

He's the guy that writes the checks. Field a coaching staff that doesn't crap the bed and you don't have to worry about being made fun of. 

Or ya know, don't just make yourself look like an uninformed bitter and snide jackhole. 

He is the owner who's team made the Superbowl. He didn't do anything that night to blow the lead

It's low and class less by the Pats. Instead of being good sports and just celebrating winning the game they continue to rub in the score to the Falcons almost a year later. Thisis why so many dispsie that franchise, cause they always have to rub their  success into everyone else's faces instead of being classy about it. It's why people can still cheer for guys like Manning or teams like the Packers, cause they don't have to keep reminding and telling everyone how much better they are.

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

What the heck is it this week with all the things I end up defending Brady or the Patties on? I do not like it.

Anyhow, Blank...you don't like it try not giving up a 25 point second half lead to lose the Super Bowl. You made yourself a clown.

I didn't know blank was on the field playing, or on the sidelines calling the plays.

Thanks for the news.

1 hour ago, SouthNYfan said:

I didn't know blank was on the field playing, or on the sidelines calling the plays.

Thanks for the news.

Again...team owner...has hired those responsible. Ultimately the blame starts with him. I'd thank you for some kind of news but everyone was already aware of the type of poster you are. ?

2 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

He is the owner who's team made the Superbowl. He didn't do anything that night to blow the lead

It's low and class less by the Pats. Instead of being good sports and just celebrating winning the game they continue to rub in the score to the Falcons almost a year later. Thisis why so many dispsie that franchise, cause they always have to rub their  success into everyone else's faces instead of being classy about it. It's why people can still cheer for guys like Manning or teams like the Packers, cause they don't have to keep reminding and telling everyone how much better they are.

I've probably made this point in the past,  but apart from the obvious, one thing I hate about the Pats is their self-rightousness.

Back in the day everyone knew what the Raiders "Just Win Baby" motto meant. Cheap hits? Penalties? Cheat? He hate me? Just win baby. There were no pretentions whatsoever. 

The Patriots aren't that different than the Raiders, they just don't own it.

46 minutes ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

Again...team owner...has hired those responsible. Ultimately the blame starts with him. I'd thank you for some kind of news but everyone was already aware of the type of poster you are. ?

And what kind of poster is that?

You seem salty that 3 or 4 people have ripped you in this thread for saying blank blew the lead though.

Edited by SouthNYfan

3 hours ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

“That dog, I say that dog is lower than a snake full of buckshot”

I can't get enough of this. :lol::lol:

3 hours ago, transient said:

See the source image

Ridiculous, aint it?

It was the guys HE hired that effed it all up.

2 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

Blank is a douchebag. Who cares.

Not to mention, he looks like a cross between Adolph Hitler and Lawrence Welk.

6 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

I can't get enough of this. :lol::lol:

Ridiculous, aint it?

It was the guys HE hired that effed it all up.

Not to mention, he looks like a cross between Adolph Hitler and Lawrence Welk.

Wow. That'll make seeing him much more difficult

14 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

The Patriots aren't that different than the Raiders, they just don't own it.

Sure they do...it's called "Do Your Job."  You know...

- someone films the other team

- someone else deflates Tommy's balls

- another Patsie pays off the game's refs

- and Krafty Bob buddies up with Goodell, who in turn ensures Riveron gives them favorable field over-rules

It's a racket.  At least the Raiders had to win on the field without help from the refs and league.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I know it won't happen, but I so hope the eagles just blow out the Patriots this Sunday 

Up by 20 at the half, then STEP ON THEIR THROATS in the second half! 

Pipe dream, but what are dreams for? 

I don't give a hoot what the majority of the posts say. Kraft is a tool (really wish I could use stronger language). Blank didn't coach the second half. Patriots are evil, always will be, and the enemy of my enemy is my friend. I hope Blank does whatever owners do to screw over other owners in whatever meetings they hold. Kraft can eat a fat one, and embarrass himself with a public alcoholic speech after he's done.

20 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Sure they do...it's called "Do Your Job."  You know...

- someone films the other team

- someone else deflates Tommy's balls

- another Patsie pays off the game's refs

- and Krafty Bob buddies up with Goodell, who in turn ensures Riveron gives them favorable field over-rules

It's a racket.  At least the Raiders had to win on the field without help from the refs and league.

:)

If the RaIders had a guy known as the Deflator they would have laughed in everyones face and said hell yeah he's the Deflator.

The Patriots try to pass it off as a guy on a weight loss program. And their fans believe it.

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

Arthur Blank could have called the plays in the 2nd half and they would have won. He didn't. Enjoy letting that ring eat at you for the rest of your days. :thumbsup:

NO HE COULDN'T HAVE. Christ it's like saying the IBM CEO could have coded a better Watson.

1 minute ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

NO HE COULDN'T HAVE. Christ it's like saying the IBM CEO could have coded a better Watson.

Uhhhhh, yeah he could have. Freeman averaged 6.8 yards per carry, but only got 11 carries. Coleman 4.1 yards per carry, but only 7 carries. NE had the ball for 17+ more minutes in TOP due to that awesome play calling. A blind waiter could have served the Pats an L. 

1 minute ago, H2o said:

Uhhhhh, yeah he could have. Freeman averaged 6.8 yards per carry, but only got 11 carries. Coleman 4.1 yards per carry, but only 7 carries. NE had the ball for 17+ more minutes in TOP due to that awesome play calling. A blind waiter could have served the Pats an L. 

except it's not his job. Can I schedule a plumbing appointment from you? You seem like a jack of all trades.

4 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

except it's not his job. Can I schedule a plumbing appointment from you? You seem like a jack of all trades.

It's not his job? You don't say? No sh*t Sherlock. Did you figure that out all by yourself or did you get Watson to compute that for you? ;)

24 minutes ago, H2o said:

It's not his job? You don't say? No sh*t Sherlock. Did you figure that out all by yourself or did you get Watson to compute that for you? ;)

yep it's not his job to call plays. Sounds like we are in agreement with the hole you dug yourself

EDIT: apologize for the name calling, not in the greatest of moods right now.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

2 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

yep it's not his job to call plays. Sounds like we are in agreement you moron.

The premise of the original post was the fact Blank could have called a better game, but please continue on with your lack of reading comprehension my jackass fellow poster. :thumbsup: