Andrew Luck to Bills speculation/chatter

YoloinOhio

36 minutes ago, FearLess Price said:

Exactly.

The Bills medical team...

evaluating an injured player who missed a year and a half before they sign him...

At the most important position in football for a high price tag....

Nah im good. Lets draft one.

Yeah.

I want nothing to do with him.

34 minutes ago, Cruiserplayer said:

Yes of course you are correct if he is a100 percent healthy and cleared by all drs. They would be fools otherwise. However if the Colts don’t see a full recovery in the near future conditional picks could come in play. Just my opinion

If a team was concerned that conditional picks do come into play, I would think the risk of being saddled with that contract for a player that couldn't play would end any trade talk.

54 minutes ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

Again, I said for the sake of argument let's say he's healthy. Was the first thing I said. Everything else kind of was said with that in mind. 

Is that really a realistic scenario? Draft is in >3 months. Doesn't seem very likely to me. Even if he was throwing again, he would still be a huge ?.

6 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Hopefully Irsay is hitting the pills when Beane calls with his proposal of Tyrod Taylor and Cordy Glenn for Andrew Luck. 

They better hope Irsay is on a bender, because trading Luck for anything the Bills could offer would be the steal of this century (Cornelius Bennett was the steal of the last century).

6 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Agreed but in all seriousness, at this point it's a safer bet to stick with NP given his upside and his pretty similar to Luck in some ways. In fact for all the talk about NP's arm strength that was the only minor concern with Luck coming out of college and he's done just fine in the NFL.

They are both white and play Qb.  Even if Lucks shoulder is so bad they amputate his right arm, I would feel more comfortable with Luck throwing left hand than starting Peterman. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, klos63 said:

If a team was concerned that conditional picks do come into play, I would think the risk of being saddled with that contract for a player that couldn't play would end any trade talk.

Take a good look at his contract and tell me if it’s not worth a 50/50.

47 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

This is a fair point, but in this circumstance I'm sure they would consult the fancy European doctors that Luck saw while on IR. 

Yeah bro.

Like they consulted CAR on KBs knee issues....

Shaq Lawsons got a shoulder injury?? Great lets sign him with our 1st round pick.

Benjamin has an injured knee? Great lets trade for him

Sammys foot doesnt need surgery.....

weeks later Sammy to IR in a move that eventually leads to his trade.. 

Not too confident in this med staff.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Andrew Luck's injury is in his head.  Thank God Irsay doesn't own the Bills.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jim-irsay-told-tony-dungy-that-andrew-lucks-injury-is-inside-his-head/

Not saying Irsay is right but couldn't both of them be whack jobs?  American doctors aren't good enough for the generational talent?  He needs some Euro mumbo jumbo?

Yesterday on Sirius XM NFL Radio's Moving the Chains, Pat Kirwin and Jim Miller were talking with Dr. David Chao on the topic of Andrew Luck.  Miller, who had the same issue as Luck, along with Dr. Chao said with conviction that Andrew Luck's throwing program would take three months, which they say means if he is just now starting the throwing program, then the Colts will not know definitively that Andrew Luck's shoulder is okay, until AFTER the NFL draft ... and that if he experiences a setback, then surgery would be required which would put 2018 into question. So..... who knows??

8 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Agreed but in all seriousness, at this point it's a safer bet to stick with NP given his upside and his pretty similar to Luck in some ways. In fact for all the talk about NP's arm strength that was the only minor concern with Luck coming out of college and he's done just fine in the NFL.

?

4 hours ago, BigBuff423 said:

I just have a hard time getting overjoyed at the thought of a 29 year old (when the season starts) who is coming off a major injury when the Bills could probably use the same amount of Draft capital to get Rosen at 2....

That's what a lot of people thought about Manning and his neck injury. He went on to two Superbowls, winning one.

Guys can heal.

10 hours ago, JPP said:

Just saying.....if Luck is determined "healthy" why on earth would colts even entertain trading their franchise QB??

Well, after Irsay insinuated that Luck’s injury was in his head, maybe Luck wants out of there.