Donald Jones to exit 'John Murphy Show'

ricojes

Too bad Moorman is down south.  I would think he would be perfect if he wanted to get into broadcasting...

Jones was kind of bad, but seemed to work at it and improve, which I respect and appreciate.  Seems like a great guy and I wish him luck.  The dynamic between him and Murphy was often times off.

Murph does not sound like he is enjoying the job, so would not surprise me if he gives up the show to Sal next. I'm not a Sal fanboy though.

Donald got better, and found a good groove. I hope he is going on to a better gig. But the travel back and forth to New Jersey probably was not good for his transplant or his family. He is not a Buffalo guy so was not going to move here.

DJ didn't commit enough to the job. I can't blame him for wanting to go home in New Jersey every weekend but if he has a 5-day/week job in Buffalo, why didn't he just relocate? He also missed work because of the weather affecting his travel. He also admitted to not watching some Bills games.

I can see someone at PSE getting fed up and telling DJ to just stay in NJ. I do think he got better over time but he never got so good that he could get another radio gig.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

22 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

Too bad Moorman is down south.  I would think he would be perfect if he wanted to get into broadcasting...

Jones was kind of bad, but seemed to work at it and improve, which I respect and appreciate.  Seems like a great guy and I wish him luck.  The dynamic between him and Murphy was often times off.

Moorman was offered the job before Jones but turned it down.

Edited by Southtown Tommy

Murph seems like a nice guy but I don't care for his game calls and as an interviewer - I can't even listen to him.  He constantly phrases his questions with his assumptive answers leaving the interviewee to simply answer with a YES!  Drives me crazy!!!  If he's interviewing Joe Blow - I want to hear what Joe thinks/says!!

I love Sal - would like more access to him (radio/tv/etc.)

Too bad.

the show needs a balance between between Media/Athlete.

lets Face it.

murph is an old white man whose idea of football is still stuck in the 1970s.  Run, Run, Pass Punt.  Win with defense.  Score hand ball to ref.  No Instant Replay.  Final Score 13-6.

snooze.

that show needs the perspective of a young black former athlete.

when listening to Murph, his view is more a naive idealism to what sports should be.? Player should want to do this for a greater purpose.

donald brought the current athletes view which was much more real and down to earth.  Whose got my money?  I do it for that money.

some of the best debates these two had were when they clashed on the modern culture of the nfl.

juat sticking two old white media guys from 12-3 will be boring.

sal is just homer lite version of Murph but just as wishful thinking that he confuses as what he thinks he believes.

they need another former player.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

I think Sal would speak his mind a bit too much for PSE

Same here..and am I wrong but Freddie does not live in WNY does he?

I think he lives in Iowa or something like that

1 hour ago, KGun12TD said:

Nice! one more to go...Murph! UGH!!! That show is awful!

Murphy is very tough to listen to. 

1 hour ago, kdiggz said:

Donald did get better over time but I feel like we could do better.  I'm always jealous when the Instigators show is on.  Why can't we have something like that?  A show with football players giving each other crap and telling stories from the lockerroom.  Now that would be awesome!

Instigators is straight garbage. I cringe the few times I've had to listen to that. Their hockey analysis gets old real quick.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, corta765 said:

Instigators is straight garbage. I cringe the few times I've had to listen to that. Their hockey analysis gets old real quick.

i'm not even a hockey fan.  i listen because it's fun.  they rip on each other and tell funny lockeroom stories.  if you want hockey analysis i'm sure you would be disappointed.  it's not that kind of show