Donald Jones to exit 'John Murphy Show'

ricojes

Just now, TheTruthHurts said:

I disagree. I like Brown. 

You’re in the minority pal.  I can’t take him seriously as a “journalist” given the fact that he’s reluctant to report anything the team doesn’t want him to.  Like most fans, I ignore him 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

You’re in the minority pal.  I can’t take him seriously as a “journalist” given the fact that he’s reluctant to report anything the team doesn’t want him to.  Like most fans, I ignore him 

Yes that's a problem at times, but he is very knowledgeable in the offseason and pregame. 

1 minute ago, Hurricane said:

Wish they would get rid of Murphy also...  Just have sal do a show.  

Sal is basically the only one I like listening too. Like the others have stated on this thread Murph is out of touch and the show is just one big echo chamber.

Really haven't listened to WGR this off season for the most part. 

13 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

The tiny tot of kilowatt is alive and kicking .

Oh well Art’s the kind of guy who doesn’t mess around.

He knows all his sports, he knows every town.

Basketball, football, baseball, hockey... oooohhh

from Calgary to Boston and of course Buffalo!

They call him Art Wander... Art Wander

• Like (+1) 2

I really enjoy the show when Chris Brown is on he IMHO has a lot more football IQ than Murph !!

I think Donald has gotten a lot better than he use to be but he always repeats Murph as his way of getting into his comments on what ever the subject is they are talking about & i find that a bit annoying but over all it's not terrible !! 

I hope Donald can find success in what ever he does in the future !! 

5 hours ago, Klaista2k said:

Chris Brown is actually really good when he's on the radio IMO.

In your opinion... in my opinion he’s hard to listen to, because you know he’ll always tow the company line.  I can’t say I blame him.  But don’t pretend that an in house reporter is in the same category as a legit reporter, that reports the facts.  

1 minute ago, KRT88 said:

that would be the perfect opportunity for Kyle Williams when he retires. 

I’m not sure if Kyle has the gift of gab to be great.  If anything I think Lorenzo Alexander is pretty decent

On 1/26/2018 at 7:23 AM, ricojes said:

Former Buffalo Bills receiver Donald Jones is leaving "The John Murphy Show" that is carried on WGR 550 AM radio and MSG after two seasons.

Mark Preisler, executive vice president for media and business development at Pegula Sports and Entertainment, confirmed Jones' departure in an email.

He said Jones will be leaving in the coming months "to pursue other opportunities closer to his home in New Jersey. This was Donald’s decision. We thank him for his contributions and wish him and his family nothing but the best."

Jones, who joins Murphy on weekdays in the New Era Field studio to discuss the Bills from a former player's perspective, has been commuting here from his home in New Jersey.

I think he was brutal to start and got better, but should be pretty easy to replace...

I know we need all the help we can get at WR but c’mon man , 

10 minutes ago, Don't stop billievein said:

Eric wood would fit nicely I think! Since he is still with the team in a capacity. I liked his interviews on WGR when he was on in the afternoon. 

I would love an “Instigators” type show with Eric Wood and Richie Incognito (once he hangs it up). Maybe throw in Lorax too.

an hour of John Murphy for interviews and such, and then two hours of that would be great. Right now I only listen to JMS on demand when then have an interview I’m interested in hearing. Their banter back and forth is wholly uninteresting. And Tasker is worse than both. I don’t mind his insights/opinions because they are often different, but it’s just his talking style. 

Edited by YoloinOhio