Gilmore is now beloved in NE (Yahoo Article)

BigDingus

https://sports.yahoo.com/afc-championship-stephon-gilmore-overcomes-early-season-doubts-make-huge-play-022914647.html

"The Jaguars were facing fourth-and-15 with 1:53 to play, starting from the New England 43. Blake Bortles threw for Dede Westbrook deep down the right sideline, and Gilmore made a tremendous play, leaping, stretching out and knocking the ball away.

Just like that, all was forgiven. The crowd at Gillette Stadium went bananas. Barring a catastrophe, Gilmore had sealed the Patriots’ third Super Bowl trip in the last four years."

He's just one more guy I wish we kept, as having him & White on opposite sides would've been fantastic, but I understand why we didn't. We weren't in the best cap situation, and he wasn't exactly dying to stay here. 

Just crazy to see yet another Bills player help the Patriots in such obvious ways. One more SB in the books, and Gilmore was a big part of that.

5 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Glad he's gone. The guy makes 1 big play and gets burned for 5, then tells everyone he's a top 5 CB and wants to get paid like one. He's slightly above average. 

I'm not "glad" he's gone, but I agree with the rest of your post. He's not a top 5 CB, and he gets burned all the time. Just makes a few good plays and "all is forgiven."

• Like (+1) 2

it was a mix of a good play and a short throw.  better throw (that's asking a lot out of Bortles) and that's a TD and everyone is saying how much of a bum Gilmore is.  when he threw it i was like yes he's got him but alas the Pats are in the super bowl yet again

13 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Glad he's gone. The guy makes 1 big play and gets burned for 5, then tells everyone he's a top 5 CB and wants to get paid like one. He's slightly above average. 

Yes! I was Soooo refreshed watching our #1 CB outplay him as a rookie  , White was more consistent than I've ever seen Gilmore on a game by game basis

• Like (+1) 1

That was a very good throw, especially given the circumstances (escaped from the pocket and on the move). Gilmore made a terrific play on an extremely catchable ball. He has played extremely well of late and had a terrific game yesterday. The one completion he gave up was on a clearly underthrown ball that the WR went back for.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

He's a good cornerback.

Has anyone noticed in recent history that the Bills (and their fans) have turned on nearly every single player whom they picked high and/or gave a big contract to?  The level of buyer's remorse at OBD is incredible.

Dude, come the !@#$ on. Gilmore was at BEST average here, and highly uninterested and inconsistent.

8 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Dude, come the !@#$ on. Gilmore was at BEST average here, and highly uninterested and inconsistent.

Every single piece of analysis related to CB play flies in the face of your assessment, in case you were wondering.

I don't know how to link to the previous board archives, otherwise I'd post the analysis again for those that refuse to believe it.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

He's a good cornerback.

Has anyone noticed in recent history that the Bills (and their fans) have turned on nearly every single player whom they picked high and/or gave a big contract to?  The level of buyer's remorse at OBD is incredible.

Ha ha, a bunch of jilted ex-lovers. We even hate our own guys!! It is an interesting dynamic for sure. 

Gilmore is a good CB. I am glad that the Bills didn’t pay that price. We may have upgraded the position without the investment. It worked out well for the Bills. 

• Like (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, teef said:

i literally just mentioned this in another thread, but i wasn't impressed by the batted ball at all.  it looked under thrown and rather routine.  i'm not even hating on gilmore here, but come on now.

I agree, I thought it was funny because it looked like Gilmore miss timed his jump and appeared to be floating for a few seconds.

Edited by Call_Of_Ktulu

3 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I argree, I thought it was funny because it looked like Gilmore miss timed his jump and appeared to be floating for a few seconds.

Ironically, he made nearly the exact same play against NE on MNF in 2015

Edited by thebandit27