Titans Offer Mike Mularkey a Contract Extension to Remain HC - Mularkey is OUT

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Good luck next year when the Colts get Luck back, probably add Barkley, and the Texans get Watson back.

But the Colts will have Josh "I drafted Tebow" McDaniels as their head coach.

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yeah but he won with Tim Tebow.  And the QB decision has been taken out of his hands. 

He went 8-8 in his first year, then got fired after starting at 3-9 in his second.

• Haha (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He will be fired next year. Just a delay due to the playoff win. I feel bad for titans fans. 

Went from having hopes of pairing McDaniels and Mariota to having to go through a coaching search in a year or two.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yeah...because Tebow sucks.  Luck does not.  Add in Barkley...

Tebow didn't start during McDaniels' tenure has HC.  He started his first game after McDaniels got fired.

Cutler and Orton started all of the games (except one, I think, that Simms started (maybe)) under McDaniels.

6 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Tebow didn't start during McDaniels' tenure has HC.  He started his first game after McDaniels got fired.

Cutler and Orton started all of the games (except one, I think, that Simms started (maybe)) under McDaniels.

Let him off the mat.  He's got a family!

10 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Thanks for the refresher (although Cutler never played under McDaniels).  But McDaniels drafting Tebow with the Broncos has nothing to do with anything as he likely won't be drafting anyone with the Colts.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Thanks for the refresher (although Cutler never played under McDaniels).  But McDaniels drafting Tebow with the Broncos has nothing to do with anything as he likely won't be drafting anyone with the Colts.

You are correct, sir.  It was all Orton.  And I agree that him drafting Tebow has nothing to do with anything.  It just defines him as a HC thus far.  Personally, I think if he goes to Indy, he'll do very well as a HC.

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

You are correct, sir.  It was all Orton.  And I agree that him drafting Tebow has nothing to do with anything.  It just defines him as a HC thus far.  Personally, I think if he goes to Indy, he'll do very well as a HC.

I see no reason why he shouldn't.  If they can get Barkley, to go with Luck and receiving corps, that will be a scary offense.  Might take some time to get the defense up to snuff though.

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Exactly, why wouldn't they offer him a new contract extension.? That's not a good team he brought to the playoffs.

He is destroying what looked like a promising young QB...Mariota is badly regressing as a player...

Edited by matter2003

4 hours ago, buffalo2218 said:

Actually it's gonna keep the Titans from doing much of anything from here on. Tennessee won't do much of anything watching the Texans and Jags fight over the division 

And Colts. 

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

WTF??

Titans and head coach Mike Mularkey mutually agreed to part ways this morning, league source tells @FieldYates

Just heard this - Crazy, very interesting to see if they are looking at McDaniels or what they are thinking. 

It would suck for them to go all in and not get what they need.

13 hours ago, Doc said:

I see no reason why he shouldn't.  If they can get Barkley, to go with Luck and receiving corps, that will be a scary offense.  Might take some time to get the defense up to snuff though.

The WR corps is pretty much TY Hilton.  Luck will need more than that.   Also, it will be 4 years next season since Luck led the team to a winning season.  He's messed up physically and I think mentally, resorting to European platelet therapy or whatever to solve his ongoing injury problems.

Houston will be more problematic than Indy if Watson is healthy.

11 hours ago, matter2003 said:

He is destroying what looked like a promising young QB...Mariota is badly regressing as a player...

If that was true, I would agree with you.  Mariota will be fine.