Titans Offer Mike Mularkey a Contract Extension to Remain HC - Mularkey is OUT

13 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

The WR corps is pretty much TY Hilton.  Luck will need more than that.   Also, it will be 4 years next season since Luck led the team to a winning season.  He's messed up physically and I think mentally, resorting to European platelet therapy or whatever to solve his ongoing injury problems.

Houston will be more problematic than Indy if Watson is healthy.

If that was true, I would agree with you.  Mariota will be fine.

Certainly sounds like ownership agreed with me 

7 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Certainly sounds like ownership agreed with me 

They fired him because Mariota regressed to a 9-7 season and a first playoff appearance (and stunning comeback win)?

Edited by Mr. WEO

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

They fired him because Mariota regressed to a 9-7 season and a first playoff appearance (and stunning comeback win)?

Maybe because Mariota threw more INTs than TDs and looked confused and panicky in the pocket quite a bit

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Maybe because Mariota threw more INTs than TDs and looked confused and panicky in the pocket quite a bit

So last season, when Mularkey came in and Mariota had his best season, it had nothing to do with the HC.  But this year, his regression is because of the same HC?

Titans ownership is a soap opera.   That family is a bunch of bickering adult toddlers.    Arguably worst run team in the NFL.    Every other minute one of them has a panic attack/hissy fit and wants to sell the team.  

Edited by dpberr

22 minutes ago, dpberr said:

Titans ownership is a soap opera.   That family is a bunch of bickering adult toddlers.    Arguably worst run team in the NFL.    Every other minute one of them has a panic attack/hissy fit and wants to sell the team.  

Bud should have left just one person in charge. 

2 minutes ago, the skycap said:

Oh no Weo?? The San Francisco 49ers!! Who called the plays for Hoyer/Gabbert/Beathard? Garropolo?? Same OC, different QB, different results!!

It wasn't Hue and they never went 1-31.

The 49ers have had 3 HCs in 3 years.  And 3 OC's.

Hue is the constant.  He is constantly bad.

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

("We did discuss extending his future with our team over the past week, but in those discussions about the direction of the team, it became evident that we saw different paths to achieve greater success.")

sounds to me like a change in philosophy/systems was preferred that would have resulted in a new offensive or defensive coordinator.......malarkey resisted....he got canned.