Tony Kornheiser: "Tyrod Taylor is the worst passer I've ever seen in the NFL"

I wish the Monday Night game in Seattle last year never happened. I would never believe that Tyrod was a halfway decent quarterback had I not been there and seen it with my own eyes. 1 game of 44 does not make him worth keeping, but what the hell happened to that player?

2 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I wish the Monday Night game in Seattle last year never happened. I would never believe that Tyrod was a halfway decent quarterback had I not been there and seen it with my own eyes. 1 game of 44 does not make him worth keeping, but what the hell happened to that player?

He accidentally swallowed some of Russel Wilson's adderral.

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

While Taylor's problem yesterday (and for his career) were the throws he chose not to throw.

TT is bad with the throws he doesn’t make and usually bad with the ones he tries to make too.  Just bad.

2 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I wonder the same thing. He looked like a guy on the verge of a breakthrough that night. 

I was really hoping he'd become a rock star QB -- he had everything else going for him to be the face of the franchise for years -- but his play and production on the field went into the toilet. 

1 hour ago, Magox said:

Give me a break.    TT is not the worst thrower in the NFL.  He's not a great passing QB by any stretch of the imagination but he's certainly not the worst.

He might be.  I wouldn’t rule it out that TT is the worst passer in the league.  I think Bortles is better...barely.  

57 minutes ago, Batman1876 said:

Tyrod played 27 quarters against playoff teams he led the offense to 2 touchdowns. That is a rate of 1 TD every 200 minutes.  He averaged 185 yards per game. He is obviously not the worst ever, but bad real bad. 

Wow!!  Wow!!  Wow!!

The eye test says the same thing which is he doesn’t do well against good teams.

Crazy telling stat!

I love how being the only game on at the time and with all eyes on it, the whole league saw what many of us have been complaining about all year.  This has pretty much destroyed any chance Tyrod had at a starters job next year or our chance at getting anything of value back for him.  Hes going to get cut outright now.

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Manther said:

TT is bad with the throws he doesn’t make and usually bad with the ones he tries to make too.  Just bad.

Yesterday, think about how the complexion of that game might have been very very different if Thompson, O'Leary and Jones all didn't drop passes and Clay didn't step out of bounds.

I'd also throw in the criticism of Dennison for calling an RPO, Taylor choosing the P, and Benjamin unnecessarily pushing off on Ramsey.

Amazing that game was ours for the taking.

Blaming Tyrod solely or even primarily is a vast oversimplification. Or it's instant gratification for those who assume that game was somehow proof that Taylor won't be in a Bills uniform next year, which still might happen, despite the overwhelming sentiment he's primarily at fault.

Taylor missed a wide-open touchdown to O'Leary. Absolutely.

That's one terrible throw or non throw.

He missed a wide-open O'Leary I think on the right side learn on that last drive.

That two terrible throws, or non throws.

I love this thread:

Can't wait for the All-22,  but I was watching the game with about four other bills fans in a bar, two of who don't like Taylor at all and we all thought it was a little ridiculous of Romo to say that considering it looked like Taylor made the decision to throw and was releasing the ball before Thompson was getting open. In other words, the CB looked like he was reacting to where Taylor was going with the ball, which was the only reason Thompson got open.

Let's upgrade. We have an arsenal of draft picks and I'm really excited about the draft.

But good grief, can we cut the hyperbole? :doh:

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

or EJ Manuel.

This is a ridiculous statement.

Bortles was a helluva lot worse passing the football yesterday. While Taylor's problem yesterday (and for his career) were the throws he chose not to throw, Bortles actually threw the ball a whole bunch but was just wildly inaccurate.

But this thread will inevitably get a whole bunch of mileage from the posters who are just frothing at the mouth to pounce on him.

He threw the under and a loss. I don’t think you get to call anyone out this week

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Yesterday, think about how the complexion of that game might have been very very different if Thompson, O'Leary and Jones all didn't drop passes and Clay didn't step out of bounds.

I'd also throw in the criticism of Dennison for calling an RPO, Taylor choosing the P, and Benjamin unnecessarily pushing off on Ramsey.

Amazing that game was ours for the taking.

Blaming Tyrod solely or even primarily is a vast oversimplification. Or it's instant gratification for those who assume that game was somehow proof that Taylor won't be in a Bills uniform next year, which still might happen, despite the overwhelming sentiment he's primarily at fault.

Taylor missed a wide-open touchdown to O'Leary. Absolutely.

That's one terrible throw or non throw.

He missed a wide-open O'Leary I think on the right side learn on that last drive.

That two terrible throws, or non throws.

I love this thread:

Can't wait for the All-22,  but I was watching the game with about four other bills fans in a bar, two of who don't like Taylor at all and we all thought it was a little ridiculous of Romo to say that considering it looked like Taylor made the decision to throw and was releasing the ball before Thompson was getting open. In other words, the CB looked like he was reacting to where Taylor was going with the ball, which was the only reason Thompson got open.

Let's upgrade. We have an arsenal of draft picks and I'm really excited about the draft.

But good grief, can we cut the hyperbole? :doh:

We scored 3 points in a high octane pass happy Nfl. 

That happened 3 times this season (4 if you ignore a trash time TD by our backup qb vs the saints) 

thats HORRIFIC. Essentially 1 in 4 games this season we scored 3 points.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

After finally watching a game, the mainstream sports media is finally understanding why McDermott pulled Taylor earlier in the season.

https://twitter.com/RyanTalbotBills/status/950532481823985665

PTI.thumb.jpg.ca6c27e9fee889e0ddb87bc5ca16553b.jpg

I don't know what's worse.  That so many people who loudly criticized the Bills attitude toward Taylor finally watched a Bills game for the first time yesterday and now understand the issue, or that so many Bills fans watch them every week and some of them STILL don't get it.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, NoSaint said:

I don’t even hate him paired with a young qb next year but it’s crazy to me we are seeing “but if O’Leary caught that ball and clay stayed in bounds....” posts today. 

My problem with that is that while he's fine from a 'he's ok if everything else is working and can win some games' standpoint, yes.   

But to me, a mentor needs to have the ability to reach teach a young guy how to think about defenses and when to throw the ball, etc.   Basically the things Taylor isn't good at.   That's why I think a different veteran would be the right choice to mentor a rookie.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

We scored 3 points in a high octane pass happy Nfl. 

That happened 3 times this season (4 if you ignore a trash time TD by our backup qb vs the saints) 

thats HORRIFIC. Essentially 1 in 4 games this season we scored 3 points.

You bet it is.

Alas, it's not all on the QB.

Lots of players and coaching (from our OC) who didn't pull their weight.

Oh in that list of stuff I mentioned I forgot about Logan Thomas, who could have simply caught a football. Instead, he didn't and it was intercepted.

This team could use plenty of upgrades, QB included.

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I don't even hate him paired with a young qb next year but it’s crazy to me we are seeing “but if O’Leary caught that ball and clay stayed in bounds....” posts today. 

Great, your feelings on Taylor are reasonable,

but....

why is it crazy to see questions about those plays that Clay/Thomas/Thompson/O'Leary didn't make but it's acceptable to put Taylor up on a cross and stick the spear through his side?

That's the kind of hypocrisy that just irritates me about this place sometimes. :doh:

• Sad 1

While Kornheiser will always be known as one of the best to ever man the booth on Monday Night Football, I question his football acumen.  The man made his career as a Dancing With the Stars analyst and parlayed that into a zany sports talk show with Mike Wilbon on the coattails of the success of the Lethal Weapon franchise.   Hes not a football guy.  Never has been.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Great, your feelings on Taylor are reasonable,

but....

why is it crazy to see questions about those plays that Clay/Thomas/Thompson/O'Leary didn't make but it's acceptable to put Taylor up on a cross and stick the spear through his side?

That's the kind of hypocrisy that just irritates me about this place sometimes. :doh:

Which of those guys touches the ball every snap and gets a $15m check? You’re instead focusing on the third string TE. Is our third string considerably out of line with his peers, and if he is does it considerably effect the team? Now ask the same for Tyrod compared to playoff QBs. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

IMO, keeping Tyrod = 30% decline in season ticket sales.

I talk to at least 30 Bills fans every day.  Not a one of them want him back. 

Well, there was one, but I screamed "Cap Thief!" and he hesitated for 5 or 6 seconds, then ran away.

6 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Which of those guys touches the ball every snap and gets a $15m check? You’re instead focusing on the third string TE. Is our third string considerably out of line with his peers, and if he is does it considerably effect the team? Now ask the same for Tyrod compared to playoff QBs. 

Oh I see, so very catchable passes that are dropped or tipped and then intercepted we can overlook because, despite the fact that everyone on the roster has probably been playing football their whole lives, they aren't talented enough to put any blame on.

Instead of the handful of plays that other players on the team screwed the pooch on that were otherwise good plays by the QB, we're only allowed to focus on the handful of bad plays the QB mad.

Got it :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Oh I see, so very catchable passes that are dropped or tipped and then intercepted we can overlook because, despite the fact that everyone on the roster has probably been playing football their whole lives, they aren't talented enough to put any blame on.

Instead of the handful of plays that other players on the team screwed the pooch on that were otherwise good plays by the QB, we're only allowed to focus on the handful of bad plays the QB mad.

The house is on fire and you are pointing out that the carpet has some wear and tear. No ones particularly disagreeing with you. You just are being obnoxious about taylor as you have been all year. We are getting out of the house instead of suffocating with you.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Almost a meltdown on our hands.      

Logan Thomas mention ??

Edited by Teddy KGB

11 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Preston Brown probably missed a tackle yesterday. Get him next!

6 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

The house is on fire and you are pointing out that the carpet has some wear and tear. No ones particularly disagreeing with you. You just are being obnoxious about taylor as you have been all year. We are getting out of the house instead of suffocating with you.

Never change man. Always enjoy your stuff.

4 hours ago, Steptide said:

Taylor has a great arm, but it stops there. He has no anticipation and holds the ball way too long. I would be absolutely stunned if he's a Buffalo Bill next season. I'd be happier naming Peterman the starter today and not drafting a qb than bringing back Tyrod for another year. 3 years is enough

This logic I find interesting.

we have tried to find a QB to get us to the playoffs for 15 years. Remember there have been 16 others like JP, Tuel Time, Brian Brohm, EJ, Kelly Holcomb,, and Thaddeus Lewi? We finally find a QB that CAN take us there and you want to out and out **** can him. 

I understand he is not the prototypical 6' 3" high draft pass  pocket passer. The are are only about 10 good Ones in the whole world.

I too want better QB play. But we're finally become competitive again. I'd like to stay here a while.  But what I don't want to do is dump someone we CAN win with for a wing and as prayer on an unproven QB.

Who is to say we couldn't improve our ta!ent in the draft and FA and do even better next years with Hotrod?

I want a BETTER QB, not another QB. If we cant find a better one, roll with what we got.if we do,go with the new guy. Odds are decent we won't since it took us 15  years to get this far.

Why not get a FA QB, draft a guy, and bring Hotrod back? Let 'em battle it out in camp. To just throw him away just seems really dumb to me.

Surely we're not getting our scouting advice from Tony Kornhole.

Edited by reddogblitz