Stat on WGR....

sven233

The Bills played 7 games against teams that made the playoffs this year.

How many TDs did we score on offense?

Wait for it...............

Three freaking TDs against Playoff teams in 7 games!  And that includes garbage time in a lot of those games!  That is absolutely incredible and pathetic.  A franchise QB and a new OC can't be added to this team soon enough.  Lots of work to do this off-season.

Edited by sven233
  • Like (+1) 3

Just now, sven233 said:

The Bills played again 7 games against teams that made the playoffs this year.

Three freaking TDs against Playoff teams in 7 games!  That is absolutely inedible and pathetic.  A franchise QB and a new OC can't be added to this team soon enough.  Lots of work to do this off-season.

Agree that they should talk about Dennison’s future.  With or without T-Mobile.  I hate his play calling.

6 minutes ago, sven233 said:

Three freaking TDs against Playoff teams in 7 games!  And that includes garbage time in a lot of those games!  That is absolutely inedible and pathetic.  A franchise QB and a new OC can't be added to this team soon enough.  Lots of work to do this off-season.

You should stick to meat and veggies.....

• Haha (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, sven233 said:

Three freaking TDs against Playoff teams in 7 games!  And that includes garbage time in a lot of those games!  That is absolutely inedible and pathetic.  A franchise QB and a new OC can't be added to this team soon enough.  Lots of work to do this off-season.

I'm guessing you find it difficult to swallow.  A tough mouthful to chew.  It probably sticks in your craw.  

Romo spent another game pointing out many of Tyrod’s flaws. 

Its clear Taylor can’t read coverage and quickly go to the receiver running the route designed for that play. 

He at least pretends to survey the defense as if he’s capable of reading it — but he’s just not. 

Two 3rds for Alex Smith might do it, and hold what we got in our 1’s and 2’s and aim for Mason Rudolph in the first? I think that’s a “process” move. 

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, par73 said:

Really amazing stat. Without the opportunistic D, where would this season have gone (flushing sound)?

Correct. This terrifies me for next year. We had a ton of breaks this year. You can’t count on those. I’m worried the team has the possibility to be a 6 win team next year. 

Holding out hope though. 

1 minute ago, Mango said:

Correct. This terrifies me for next year. We had a ton of breaks this year. You can’t count on those. I’m worried the team has the possibility to be a 6 win team next year. 

Holding out hope though. 

That “terrifies”you heading into next season?

We were a competent QB away from being in the NFL’s final 8.

While you cowher in the corner I’ll be optimistic heading into the off-season.

45 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

You simply will not score many TDs when your QB can’t complete a downfield pass.

You watching these two real QBs out there right now?  Tyrod isn’t even 10 percent of these two.

• Like (+1) 1

Keep in mind, that 3 TD statistic includes 1 TD that was actually thrown by Nathan Peterman against the New Orleans Saints.

So in 7 games against playoff caliber opponents, the Tyrod-led offense managed 2 TDs.  TOTAL.

That's slightly less than .3 TDs per game.  

Think of it this way, the Tyrod-led offense would have to improve 300% (and actually a bit more) to average 1 TD PER GAME against playoff opponents.

:o

4 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

That “terrifies”you heading into next season?

We were a competent QB away from being in the NFL’s final 8.

While you cowher in the corner I’ll be optimistic heading into the off-season.

Hey, let's not bring Bill Cowher into this if we don't have to, OK?

• Haha (+1) 1