Stat on WGR....

sven233

1 hour ago, Mango said:

Correct. This terrifies me for next year. We had a ton of breaks this year. You can’t count on those. I’m worried the team has the possibility to be a 6 win team next year. 

Holding out hope though. 

This is the most negative post I have read in my life. 

Cheer up brah. The future hasn't been this bright in 2 decades.

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

It is smart if that player goes on to be really good. Do you think the Rams or Eagles regret their decision right now? 

B.B. and his staff need to trust their evaluations and intuition. If they think there is a franchise QB then they should do whatever it takes to get him. Once you have a good young QB you have a decade to build around him.

I see your argument.  The problem with taking this approach is that we have a good chance of taking a step back next year.  Goff and Wentz took a full year to develop into what they are now.  Plus both teams needed to add talent this past off season.  We would have to be prepared to take a step back next year in order to take steps forward 2+ years from now.

Just now, Happy Gilmore said:

I see your argument.  The problem with taking this approach is that we have a good chance of taking a step back next year.  Goff and Wentz took a full year to develop into what they are now.  Plus both teams needed to add talent this past off season.  We would have to be prepared to take a step back next year in order to take steps forward 2+ years from now.

You just have to take that risk. I don’t see Tyrod starting for us next year so there is likely going to be a step back next year anyway. It’s easier to be optimistic if you see a rookie QB taking his lumps and improving than watching an aging vet or journeyman with no real plan for the position.

5 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

It is smart if that player goes on to be really good. Do you think the Rams or Eagles regret their decision right now? 

B.B. and his staff need to trust their evaluations and intuition. If they think there is a franchise QB then they should do whatever it takes to get him. Once you have a good young QB you have a decade to build around him. And if you don’t have that QB then your first priority is to find one

I agree with this but could we be one year away to risk the draft on one player? I think we need a little more talent before that big risk. I think FA QB and stock the roster this year with all those picks and go franchise rookie next. Unless something crazy falls in place.

2 hours ago, clayboy54 said:

You simply will not score many TDs when your QB can’t complete a downfield pass.

Well, they scored 20 TDs playoff teams in 2016..in 7 games.

A big reason for the drop off should be obvious.

12 minutes ago, CookieG said:

Well, they scored 20 TDs playoff teams in 2016..in 7 games.

A big reason for the drop off should be obvious.

Yup, it sucks for Tyrod that the rest of the league has caught up to him and now knows how to defense him.

D coordinators are pretty smart in the NFL. 

1 hour ago, peterpan said:

More evidence we need to make a big move for a QB.  Our. Two #1s and a #2 is 1980 points on the trade chart.  The 4th pick is worth 1800 ......

Add our other #2 and it's 2350 total.  The #3 overall is worth 2200......

Trade up Buffalo!!!

As long as we trade up whoever we pick will be awesome.

20 minutes ago, PeterGriffin said:

Yup, it sucks for Tyrod that the rest of the league has caught up to him and now knows how to defense him.

D coordinators are pretty smart in the NFL. 

Ah...having an inept OC wouldn't have anything to do with it.

Phew..that's a relief.

2 hours ago, Mango said:

Correct. This terrifies me for next year. We had a ton of breaks this year. You can’t count on those. I’m worried the team has the possibility to be a 6 win team next year. 

Holding out hope though. 

We got more breaks than I can recall a Buffalo team (Bills or Sabres) getting in some time.  

We cannot rely on that luck going forward.  We still have a lot of work to do.  The draft and off season will tell us a lot.

2 hours ago, The_Dude said:

Romo spent another game pointing out many of Tyrod’s flaws. 

Its clear Taylor can’t read coverage and quickly go to the receiver running the route designed for that play. 

He at least pretends to survey the defense as if he’s capable of reading it — but he’s just not. 

Two 3rds for Alex Smith might do it, and hold what we got in our 1’s and 2’s and aim for Mason Rudolph in the first? I think that’s a “process” move. 

Four minutes left and we're still dumping off. 

1 hour ago, peterpan said:

I know we have needs, but add them all together and QB is STILL our biggest need.  In fact, even with no needs at DL or OL we are still at best a 9-7 team.  We NEED to upgrade QB!!!!  What I listed is simply what it costs to upgrade the position in this day and age. 

Any/every draft pick has risks.  We could draft a few duds at OL or WR or DL too. John Miller is a backup G and he was a high pick. Zay Jones was completely forgets let this season.   Gotta make a move.  HAVE TO.  We passed on Mahomes and deshaun Watson last year.   Bills can't wait anymore. Just can't do it!!!

Sam Donald completely sucks and Rosen isn't any better.

3 hours ago, The_Dude said:

Romo spent another game pointing out many of Tyrod’s flaws. 

Its clear Taylor can’t read coverage and quickly go to the receiver running the route designed for that play. 

He at least pretends to survey the defense as if he’s capable of reading it — but he’s just not. 

Two 3rds for Alex Smith might do it, and hold what we got in our 1’s and 2’s and aim for Mason Rudolph in the first? I think that’s a “process” move. 

100% agree with everything you said.