Stat on WGR....

sven233

More evidence we need to make a big move for a QB.  Our. Two #1s and a #2 is 1980 points on the trade chart.  The 4th pick is worth 1800 ......

Add our other #2 and it's 2350 total.  The #3 overall is worth 2200......

Trade up Buffalo!!!

2 minutes ago, peterpan said:

More evidence we need to make a big move for a QB.  Our. Two #1s and a #2 is 1980 points on the trade chart.  The 4th pick is worth 1800 ......

Add our other #2 and it's 2350 total.  The #3 overall is worth 2200......

Trade up Buffalo!!!

QB isn't the only position that needs to be upgraded.  I agree we probably need to trade up, but more in the 10-15 range where the cost makes more sense.

53 minutes ago, Sweats said:

3 points.............that's the way to dial it up for your first playoff game in 18 yrs.

Shameful........just shameful.

I have no regrets, this season was a dream come true and this week was the best I've had in years.  That's saying something considering I'm recovering from brain surgery and prescription drug addiction.

2 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

QB isn't the only position that needs to be upgraded.  I agree we probably need to trade up, but more in the 10-15 range where the cost makes more sense.

I disagree because we could end up with JP losman again, where the other teams got Rivers, Manning, and Roethisber.  

Look at the teams that need QBs....We gotta get ahead of them. 

This is the only Stat that counts. When you cannot score against the better teams, YOU are garbage.

This is the Bills W-L record for the entire Millennium wilderness! Horrific. 

Bills Millennium Record v.s. Playoff Teams

2000 = 1-6
2001 = 1-8
2002 = 0-3
2003 = 1-5
2004 = 3-4
2005 = 2-4
2006 = 1-6
2007 = 0-6
2008 = 1-3
2009 = 1-4
2010 = 0-8
2011 = 3-2
2012 = 0-5
2013 = 1-4
2014 = 2-3
2015 = 1-4
2016 = 1-3

TOTAL = 19- 78 (19%)
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, peterpan said:

I disagree because we could end up with JP losman again, where the other teams got Rivers, Manning, and Roethisber.  

Look at the teams that need QBs....We gotta get ahead of them. 

In your scenario, we get a QB for sure.  But what if he doesn't pan out, or does not live up to expectations?  We wasted a lot that could have otherwise been used for much needed upgrades.  Again, we need to draft a QB, but it is a crap-shoot..even top 3.  Spending that much draft capital doesn't make sense when you have as many needs as we do.

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

In your scenario, we get a QB for sure.  But what if he doesn't pan out, or does not live up to expectations?  We wasted a lot that could have otherwise been used for much needed upgrades.  Again, we need to draft a QB, but it is a crap-shoot..even top 3.  Spending that much draft capital doesn't make sense when you have as many needs as we do.

You still take the risk if you’ve identified a franchise QB. Drafting for needs at other position doesn’t mean you get a good or contributing player either. 

Just now, Happy Gilmore said:

I know we have needs, but add them all together and QB is STILL our biggest need.  In fact, even with no needs at DL or OL we are still at best a 9-7 team.  We NEED to upgrade QB!!!!  What I listed is simply what it costs to upgrade the position in this day and age. 

Any/every draft pick has risks.  We could draft a few duds at OL or WR or DL too. John Miller is a backup G and he was a high pick. Zay Jones was completely forgets let this season.   Gotta make a move.  HAVE TO.  We passed on Mahomes and deshaun Watson last year.   Bills can't wait anymore. Just can't do it!!!

Just now, Bangarang said:

You still take the risk if you’ve identified a franchise QB. Drafting for needs at other position doesn’t mean you get a good or contributing player either. 

My point is that it is not smart to bet the house on a rookie QB, which is a bigger gamble than say a DLineman.  

17 minutes ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

This is the only Stat that counts. When you cannot score against the better teams, YOU are garbage.

This is the Bills W-L record for the entire Millennium wilderness! Horrific. 

Bills Millennium Record v.s. Playoff Teams

2000 = 1-6
2001 = 1-8
2002 = 0-3
2003 = 1-5
2004 = 3-4
2005 = 2-4
2006 = 1-6
2007 = 0-6
2008 = 1-3
2009 = 1-4
2010 = 0-8
2011 = 3-2
2012 = 0-5
2013 = 1-4
2014 = 2-3
2015 = 1-4
2016 = 1-3

TOTAL = 19- 78 (19%)

So we are averaging 1.1 wins PER SEASON against playoff caliber teams in that season.

Over a 17 year period of time.

That's not overly impressive.

28 minutes ago, hemma said:

Would be great, but more likely that Reid will want their 1st back, along with a 2nd.

Whaa??? For a 34yr old that they need to ditch to save money and in order to make way for their young gun slinger? They’ll get a 2019 2nd rounder, if they’re lucky. The age, and the fact that he’s a cap burden is what hurts Smith’s value. Teams could refuse to offer anything substantial prompting the Chiefs to just cut Smith in a cap saving move. 

3 minutes ago, Dkollidas said:

Whaa??? For a 34yr old that they need to ditch to save money and in order to make way for their young gun slinger? They’ll get a 2019 2nd rounder, if they’re lucky. The age, and the fact that he’s a cap burden is what hurts Smith’s value. Teams could refuse to offer anything substantial prompting the Chiefs to just cut Smith in a cap saving move. 

I don't bet, but if I did, I would.

14 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

My point is that it is not smart to bet the house on a rookie QB, which is a bigger gamble than say a DLineman.  

Why, many teams do it and don't look back. 

Everybody should be willing to take that route after seeing how horrible a 7 year vet 3 year starter played.

IMO, there are 3 basic factors to a rookie coming in and starting. 

1 - he is better than Tyrod

2 - he is worse than Tyrod

3 - he is equal to Tyrod

To me there is a 67% chance that we get equal to or better QB play with a rookie. I like the %.

20 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

It is smart if that player goes on to be really good. Do you think the Rams or Eagles regret their decision right now? 

B.B. and his staff need to trust their evaluations and intuition. If they think there is a franchise QB then they should do whatever it takes to get him. Once you have a good young QB you have a decade to build around him. And if you don’t have that QB then your first priority is to find one

Edited by Bangarang

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

It is smart if that player goes on to be really good. Do you think the Rams or Eagles regret their decision right now? 

B.B. and his staff need to trust their evaluations and intuition. If they think there is a franchise QB then they should do whatever it takes to get him. Once you have a good young QB you have a decade to build around him. And if you don’t have that QB then your first priority is to find one

I agree.

So much other stuff just doesn't matter if you don't have the QB.

And then once you do have the QB, so much other stuff still doesn't matter!

It's 90% QB.  Fill in the gaps around that best you can.

2 hours ago, sven233 said:

The Bills played 7 games against teams that made the playoffs this year.

How many TDs did we score on offense?

Wait for it...............

Three freaking TDs against Playoff teams in 7 games!  And that includes garbage time in a lot of those games!  That is absolutely incredible and pathetic.  A franchise QB and a new OC can't be added to this team soon enough.  Lots of work to do this off-season.

I can remember all of them off the top of my head.  Tyrod TD in Atlanta, Peterman in the Saints game in garbage time, and Tyrod getting his first TD in the 1st quarter of the season against the Chiefs (only took 12 weeks).