With the 21st and 22nd pick the BuffaloBills Select....

1 minute ago, Mat68 said:

I expect Cousins or a trade to move up.

A trade up for who?

Darnold and Rosen will probably wind up going 1-2 in some order. To move up from our spot to the top two would probably cost four 1st round draft picks which is an insane amount of compensation for a prospect who might not even work out. 

4 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

Mason Rudolph looks so uninspiring. I do not see an NFL QB at all. What am I missing?

I don't know, I see great size, arm strength and touch on his ball with inconsistency from lazy foot work.  You iron that out and you have franchise tools there to play with.

1 minute ago, Woodman19 said:

I don't know, I see great size, arm strength and touch on his ball with inconsistency from lazy foot work.  You iron that out and you have franchise tools there to play with.

How often do QBs fix their mechanics in the NFL?

Enough to take the risk on a potential Matt Ryan.

The answer is that it's extremely rare.

For each Matt Ryan, there are 20 guys with mechanical issues who never figure things out under live fire. 

10 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

The answer is that it's extremely rare.

For each Matt Ryan, there are 20 guys with mechanical issues who never figure things out under live fire. 

Absolutely, but it happens. Aaron Rodgers reworked his mechanics before starting.  I am all for it if we give him a year to work on it as I feel it's easier to do if he's not also trying to learn on the fly.

Edited by Woodman19

Absolutely, but it happens. Aaron Rodgers reworked his mechanics before starting.  I am all for it if we give him a year to work on it as I feel it's easier to do if he's not also trying to learn on the fly.

I agree that whoever we pick needs time to develop, which is why I think we should make a run at a veteran. 

19 hours ago, /dev/null said:

According to the NFL Draft Trade Chart (take that with a grain of salt of course)

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp

Packaging both firsts and both seconds (remember we also hold the Rams second from the Sammy Trade) would be enough ammo to move into the bottom half of the top 10.  Adding next years first might crack the top 5

Why would we even do that?

Given how successful last year's draft was I want as many players taken as possible.

26 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

He is 6-1, so you are wrong.  

If he's 6'1" I'm interested. But Yolo says he stood right next to him and that he's no taller than Wilson. That's 5'10 5/8" I think. Someone else says they saw him standing next to Flutie and Doug was taller!!!

We will find out soon enuf. I really strongly doubt that McBeane drafts a short QB. 

2 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

If he's 6'1" I'm interested. But Yolo says he stood right next to him and that he's no taller than Wilson. That's 5'10 5/8" I think. Someone else says they saw him standing next to Flutie and Doug was taller!!!

We will find out soon enuf. I really strongly doubt that McBeane drafts a short QB. 

I would suspect our board for QB would be Darnold, Rosen, Allen and Rudolph in that order.

1 hour ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

You do realize that the Vikes actually drafted a QB (Bridgewater) over where some had him projected, then burned and the 1st when Teddy got hurt (that's 2 1st right there if you're keeping score) only to get by this season from a freaky season by Keenum that if I'm a betting man would say he will never have again...right? That's the model you like? 

So in short, they spend 2 firsts only to have Case Keenum take over. Not great long term planning. Sounds all very Fitzpatrickish to me...and we have all seen that movie before.

Wow you really missed my point entirely, the Vikings roster is mostly filled with players they picked and most believe they have the best overall roster in the league. The fact they are winning with not having their starting QB should tell how well-constructed their team is. If the Bills fan construct team like that in 2-3 years and the QB is a journeyman playing solidly I would take in a heartbeat over a star QB with a middling roster. The biggest reason the streak was as long it was because bad roster construction and overvaluing needs over getting good players. Taking Rudolph over BPA would a classic Bills mistake.

36 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

How often do QBs fix their mechanics in the NFL?

Footwork can be fixed. Throwing motions not so much. Pretty much every QB coming out every hear needs their footwork cleaned up.

3 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

trade cordy glenn and a second to cincy for mc carron. draft rudolph and trade down the second first for picks.

Why are people so dead set on trading Glenn? Why not move him RT?

8 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

Why would we even do that?

Given how successful last year's draft was I want as many players taken as possible.

Yeah what's interesting is that they had a chance to pick a good QB prospect last year and passed in order to start building the team. Some observers are of the view, possibly with justification, that none of the top 3 in this year's draft are as good as Mitch, Watson and Mahomes were. If the braintrust at OBD feels the same way they may continue filling holes instead of blowing their whole load on a shiny new piece. My guess is that if a guy they like falls to them or is within easy striking distance they may well pull the trigger. Otherwise they will draft a QB they like from amongst the second tier players day 2 or day 3

7 minutes ago, Woodman19 said:

I would suspect our board for QB would be Darnold, Rosen, Allen and Rudolph in that order.

I think that makes sense. Don't know about Rudolph tho but only because I'm not sure his ceiling is high enuf. Of course maybe they love him for all I know. 

Allen is the guy who really intrigues me. I think he may be very close to equivalent value to Darnold because he has an even higher ceiling.

The one I like as a person is Rosen. I just think a guy with a golden arm who is "meh" about football is pretty cool. It's a risk factor tho when it comes to drafting.

7 minutes ago, K-Apps said:

Wow you really missed my point entirely, the Vikings roster is mostly filled with players they picked and most believe they have the best overall roster in the league. The fact they are winning with not having their starting QB should tell how well-constructed their team is. If the Bills fan construct team like that in 2-3 years and the QB is a journeyman playing solidly I would take in a heartbeat over a star QB with a middling roster. The biggest reason the streak was as long it was because bad roster construction and overvaluing needs over getting good players. Taking Rudolph over BPA would a classic Bills mistake.

No, didn't miss your point just completely disagree with what you said. You're content with taking fliers on second team QBs and hoping you can find a journeyman that's just good enough to get by until one pans out. That's great. I'm not. I'm sick of seeing guys like Tyrod and Fitzpatrick. I want a franchise QB. I'm not saying to blow the was of picks on one at the top. All I said at the start was if you don't mind a QB in the 2nd...be prepared to take him in the first. The whole notion of "overdrafting" and "reaching" on a guy is hogwash. If he's your guy...take him. 

3 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

I think that makes sense. Don't know about Rudolph tho but only because I'm not sure his ceiling is high enuf. Of course maybe they love him for all I know. 

Allen is the guy who really intrigues me. I think he may be very close to equivalent value to Darnold because he has an even higher ceiling.

The one I like as a person is Rosen. I just think a guy with a golden arm who is "meh" about football is pretty cool. It's a risk factor tho when it comes to drafting.

Just assuming Rudolph due to his experience, work ethic, smarts and style.  Peterman with an arm and 6'5" body.

3 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

I would very much like to see Cordy restructured and moved to RT.......

Dont know if that is the way it will work with this new front office

I would imagine, medical issues aside, that Glenn probably feels he can still play LT and will want to be paid like it. 

I have no idea who is going to be there yet...Way too early to tell...

But I do think I know this...

The Bills will LOVE Vea...I doubt he will last that long...But...Take it to the bank, they are going to love that kid...

As for the QB's...I actually think it's going to be a little...a little... more simple than most feel...I think you can forget about Darnold, Rosen, and Allen...They will be gone, and even though I think the Bills will be willing to move up, I don't think they will be willing to give up what it will take to get in a spot for any of those 3...And I'm not necessarily saying those three are the best three...I am saying I think they will be the first three taken and all in the top 10...Maybe even in the top 5...

The next two figure to be Mayfield and Jackson...These two will get pushed down a bit due to size and skill set...Not much mind you...But there are teams that will not take either due to factors outside of actual performance...So because Darnold, Rosen, and Allen are already going to go higher, I think both go somewhere in the 8-20 area...But either could possibly slide to the Bills at #21 if things fall right...And I think, despite some of the off-field things we've heard about Mayfield, and the knocks on Jackson, the Bills will be VERY interested both...

I think there is at least a 50/50 chance (right now) the Bills can just sit where they pick and Draft Mason Rudolph...I know most folks don't grade Rudolph as high as the others...But his stock will rise...He's 6-5, threw for almost 5000 yds as a Sr, 65% completions, with a 4-1 TD/INT ratio...He's going to need some time and seasoning for sure...So the Bills would be well advised to grab a vet if TT is gone (which I expect)...

If somehow...Someway...They can come out of the 1st with one of the top 6 QB's, and a top D-Lineman,  I'm not sure Bills fans can ask for much more than that...

So...My way-too-early guess is Rudolph and a D-Lineman in the 1st...B-)

• Like (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

No, didn't miss your point just completely disagree with what you said. You're content with taking fliers on second team QBs and hoping you can find a journeyman that's just good enough to get by until one pans out. That's great. I'm not. I'm sick of seeing guys like Tyrod and Fitzpatrick. I want a franchise QB. I'm not saying to blow the was of picks on one at the top. All I said at the start was if you don't mind a QB in the 2nd...be prepared to take him in the first. The whole notion of "overdrafting" and "reaching" on a guy is hogwash. If he's your guy...take him. 

So JP Losman and EJ Manuel weren’t reaches just to clarify your opinion?

1 hour ago, jrober38 said:

A trade up for who?

Darnold and Rosen will probably wind up going 1-2 in some order. To move up from our spot to the top two would probably cost four 1st round draft picks which is an insane amount of compensation for a prospect who might not even work out. 

I think Buffalo would make a massive offer to NYG or Cleveland for either.  Do what it takes to get one of them.  If they can they have the best Qb prospect since Kelly.  

3 minutes ago, KOKBILLS said:

I have no idea who is going to be there yet...Way too early to tell...

But I do think I know this...

The Bills will LOVE Vea...I doubt he will last that long...But...Take it to the bank, they are going to love that kid...

As for the QB's...I actually think it's going to be a little...a little... more simple than most feel...I think you can forget about Darnold, Rosen, and Allen...They will be gone, and even though I think the Bills will be willing to move up, I don't think they will be willing to give up what it will take to get in a spot for any of those 3...And I'm not necessarily saying those three are the best three...I am saying I think they will be the first three taken and all in the top 10...Maybe even in the top 5...

The next two figure to be Mayfield and Jackson...These two will get pushed down a bit due to size and skill set...Not much mind you...But there are teams that will not take either due to factors outside of actual performance...So because Darnold, Rosen, and Allen are already going to go higher, I think both go somewhere in the 8-20 area...But either could possibly slide to the Bills at #21 if things fall right...And I think, despite some of the off-field things we've heard about Mayfield, and the knocks on Jackson, the Bills will be VERY interested both...

I think there is at least a 50/50 chance (right now) the Bills can just sit where they pick and Draft Mason Rudolph...I know most folks don't grade Rudolph as high as the others...But his stock will rise...He's 6-5, threw for almost 5000 yds as a Sr, 65% completions, with a 4-1 TD/INT ratio...He's going to need some time and seasoning for sure...So the Bills would be well advised to grab a vet if TT is gone (which I expect)...

If somehow...Someway...They can come out of the 1st with one of the top 6 QB's, and a top D-Lineman,  I'm not sure Bills fans can ask for much more than that...

So...My way-too-early guess is Rudolph and a D-Lineman in the 1st...B-)

Qb is the most important position right?  Why just hope your guy falls?  Go get your guy and let the chips fall as they may.  

30 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Tough to justify paying a RT over $14M, no? Also, why not try and move that cap hit?

To me it doesn’t matter what he’s being paid if his play justifies it. I look at it more as solidifying the line with bookend tackles. We also have plenty of cap space as it is that I’m not overly concerned with saving more money especially when B.B. said he won’t be active signing high prices FAs.

Just now, Bangarang said:

To me it doesn’t matter what he’s being paid if his play justifies it. I look at it more as solidifying the line with bookend tackles. We also have plenty of cap space as it is that I’m not overly concerned with saving more money especially when B.B. said he won’t be active signing high prices FAs.

Yeah, but he would be the highest paid RT in the league by $3M, so he better be putting in a historically great RT season, and that is if he stays healthy. 

1 hour ago, jrober38 said:

Not sure. Maybe Alex Smith or Case Keenum for a year or two.

I don't think we'll be willing to part with the draft capital required to move from where we are into the top 8 for one of the top guys. We'll need to give up 3 first rounders at least which is an enormous ask in my eyes. I think that's a huge risk, and think the Bills should hedge their bets, by acquiring a competent veteran, and drafting another guy in round 2 or 3. 

The value chart says picks #21 + #22 = pick #8

7 minutes ago, K-Apps said:

So JP Losman and EJ Manuel weren’t reaches just to clarify your opinion?

Losman absolutely was. Manuel was projected, along with Geno Smith as a first rounder by many. It was a poor draft for QBs. We knew it at the time. 

JP, well he was the 4th guy taken at the position. First 3 guys are in the discussion for a gold jacket when they retire. 

When you look back, yes both were bad picks. One was 4th in a strong class and the other was the first QB taken in a weak one. This draft is "projected" as a strong class for QBs. I'd gladly roll the dice on the 3rd or 4th best viewed guy this year as opposed to the top QB most years. Yea, we could end up with a Losman...but we could just end up with a Big Ben. 

22 hours ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

21 - Bryce Love III - RB - Stanford

22 - Vita Vea - DT - Washington

Package both 2nd rounders to move up and snag best QB available in late 1st / early 2nd.  

I love the idea of getting Vea.  RB so early though I'm not so sure. Why go RB early when you can snag one in the 4th - 6th?  I would maybe go Vea and and O linemen depending on how the chips fall.  Or, if we want to just go nuts on DEF.  Go two DT's!  That'll imrpove the DEF for sure.

Just now, KelsaysLunchbox said:

Losman absolutely was. Manuel was projected, along with Geno Smith as a first rounder by many. It was a poor draft for QBs. We knew it at the time. 

JP, well he was the 4th guy taken at the position. First 3 guys are in the discussion for a gold jacket when they retire. 

When you look back, yes both were bad picks. One was 4th in a strong class and the other was the first QB taken in a weak one. This draft is "projected" as a strong class for QBs. I'd gladly roll the dice on the 3rd or 4th best viewed guy this year as opposed to the top QB most years. Yea, we could end up with a Losman...but we could just end up with a Big Ben. 

Look I get you want a franchise guy, we all do, but the fact of the matter is unless in Aaron Rodgers case inexplicably falls in the 1st round, it’s very difficult to find a QB in with the picks Bills have in the 1st. I rather find a diamond in the rough like Russell Wilson. I rather continue to get good players all across the roster because this roster lacks talent, I think you can agree on that and FA will be part of the way to do that.

18 minutes ago, K-Apps said:

Look I get you want a franchise guy, we all do, but the fact of the matter is unless in Aaron Rodgers case inexplicably falls in the 1st round, it’s very difficult to find a QB in with the picks Bills have in the 1st. I rather find a diamond in the rough like Russell Wilson. I rather continue to get good players all across the roster because this roster lacks talent, I think you can agree on that and FA will be part of the way to do that.

I do agree, we have many holes to fill. Many. We have to have an offset son in FA like last year. Find me the Hyde's and Poyers of the world. Guys that fit what we want to do here.

Also, find it ironic you use Wilson as the example of what you would like to find. I'm sure you know the story of how he was high on Buddy Nix's draft list and we wanted him.  Seattle just drafted him 1 round higher than we planned.  

We just have 2 separate thoughts...no Biggie. You are more conservative based on past drafts of QBs by the Bills. I'm more open to taking a chance. I guess we will see how the QB process plays out!

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

Footwork can be fixed. Throwing motions not so much. Pretty much every QB coming out every hear needs their footwork cleaned up.

Why are people so dead set on trading Glenn? Why not move him RT?

i'm not at all against him at rt, but i doubt he would do that and how many games did he play this year?

Edited by billsredneck1