Pro Football HOF 2018 Class Announced

On 1/24/2018 at 9:42 AM, auburnbillsbacker said:

I hope Tony Boselli makes it in.  He was the only offensive lineman I can think of that completely neutralized Bruce Smith.  I know his career was short due to his back, but he played at a much higher level than Joe Thomas in my opinion, who is a lock to be a first ballot Hall of Famer.   

I feel like Lewis, Moss, and Owens should be locks but WRs usually have to wait to get in, especially when they have questionable character.   

It is said that Alan Faneca is a lock to make it in, but Kevin Mawae and Steve Hutchinson seemed like a better players to me.  I might have a Mawae bias however, due to his career battling Ted Washington during his time with the Jets.  

Urlacher was outstanding, but similar to Boselli, his neck shortened his career.  He should get in though.  

Nobody ever thinks Fanaca, but his accolades are amazing!

Ive always said first ballot since the day he retired.

6 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

NFL HOF is a joke until TO is in. 

I think it was a joke once they let Terrell Davis in, but to your point - I agree.  TO should already be there without question.

On 1/24/2018 at 10:42 AM, auburnbillsbacker said:

I hope Tony Boselli makes it in.  He was the only offensive lineman I can think of that completely neutralized Bruce Smith.  I know his career was short

Call me old school, but six years is not enough for a gold jacket, no matter how well he played...

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Maybe TO will go in as a Bill. We are probably the only team he played for that didn’t eventually hate him. Also, Brian Dawkins? To me he’s not a hall of famer. Nowhere near the best Safety in his generation. Not even top 2 or 3 at any point in his career IMO.

Has to be as a 49er I would think. 

16 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Maybe TO will go in as a Bill. We are probably the only team he played for that didn’t eventually hate him. Also, Brian Dawkins? To me he’s not a hall of famer. Nowhere near the best Safety in his generation. Not even top 2 or 3 at any point in his career IMO.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2012/4/24/2971528/why-brian-dawkins-should-be-in-the-hof-by-the-numbers

image.thumb.png.e35b4ddb490c94d7b50905e9e275a105.png

image.thumb.png.33591b8e902d563d549d22a182ee208d.png

Edited by jmc12290

Dawkins is not HOF worthy.  Beathard is borderline.  Tom Flores should have been elected long before Beathard or Jerry Jones.  I'm ok with Urlacher even though I think he was living on reputation his last several years in the league - not unlike Clay Mathews III is now.

Kramer, Lewis, Moss, and TO were just special and dominant for years.  

I don't know anything about Brazile.

• Like (+1) 2