What QB do you want to draft.

QB draft  

228 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your QB

1 hour ago, gonzo1105 said:

How bout I throw a new name in the mix who might enter the NFL draft and have a chance to go high in the draft.....What does everyone think of Drew Lock from Missouri. He’s 6’4 or 6’3 225 and put together an incredible stretch of games this year to turn that Missouri program around this year. 

He’s a little more raw than the other guys and had a lower completion percentage at 57% but he pushes the ball vertically more than most college guys. Had 44 TDS and 13 INTS this year. Not advocating for him but he will prob be a 2nd round pick if he comes out and thought he was worth bringing up

I really dislike him... And his TD stats look super warped. He had a good stretch to end the season, but his college career has been all over the place, and like you said, his accuracy is pretty sketchy. 

Rudolph finished the regular season as the leading passer in the FBS, with 4,553 passing yards and an average of 379.4 yards per game, 35 TDs , 9INTs.

He led the nation in passing yards with 456 more than Mayfield. Rudolph was also third in total touchdown passes. If you like a QB that can see the entire field, has a quick release, accurate and hits recievers in stride Rudolph is your guy.

I still stand by my thinking that Rudolph is going to be a steal in this draft and will end up very successful in the NFL. What I like the most about Rudolph is we might be able to get him without moving up much if at all. His stock has been rising for sure IMO.

Edited by xRUSHx

Mizzou alum here so I am admittedly bias but I will say one thing about Drew Lock...his completion percentage should have been about 10 percentage points higher this year.  Mizzou has the biggest group of butter finger WRs in the country.  Jamon Moore had 18 drops alone last year (only stat I could find) and I swear he had way more than that this year. I literally tried to google and find out how many drops they've had this year while watching the bowl game last night, it's been super frustrating to watch all year long.  Balls he would drop on a dime and would hit them in the hands would get consistently dropped, many of which would have been TDs.  It literally felt like a 50/50 chance that the ball would be caught on passes that should have been no doubters.  Just sayin, I think Lock is going to be a stud...hope he comes back to Mizzou but I have a feeling he's going to declare for the draft.  I think a lot of it depends on who Mizzou hires as their new OC.

26 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Rudolph finished the regular season as the leading passer in the FBS, with 4,553 passing yards and an average of 379.4 yards per game, 35 TDs , 9INTs.

He led the nation in passing yards with 456 more than Mayfield. Rudolph was also third in total touchdown passes. If you like a QB that can see the entire field, has a quick release, accurate and hits recievers in stride Rudolph is your guy.

I still stand by my thinking that Rudolph is going to be a steal in this draft and will end up very successful in the NFL. What I like the most about Rudolph is we might be able to get him without moving up much if at all. His stock has be rising for sure IMO.

my top 4 in order

Rosen

Darnold

Rudolph

Mayfield

I'd be happy if we landed any of those 4 as well.

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Bills of Boston said:

Unfortunately I agree.. I’ve been following it closer than I care to admit in terms of someone sneaking past the giants for the second pick that has a qb (Indy.)

indy will pick 2 with a loss to Houston and a giants win over Washington Sunday. Tiebreaker is SOS (worse gets better pick). Indy obliterates giants in that tiebreaker.  

This is 100% what I'm rooting for!

Maybe we can get Luck :flirt:

But can someone explain to me why I shouldn't like Rudolph?

Edited by transplantbillsfan

7 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yep, nothing too impressive so far against a real defense.

Mason Rudolph threw for 351 yards and got him game MVP honors, did the game change your mind or did you not watch it all?

Edited by xRUSHx
  • Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, simpleman said:

I don't want to give away all our high picks to trade up. We have way too many holes to fill to do that, nothing more than a 1st, a second and a later round at most if we feel we really need to do it to get "our guy", and only if the scouting staff is absolutely  positive about him. Forget the top 3 QB picks, they will be too rich. I would rather trade one to KC for Smith if that was possible, and let our new pick we got by not trading up in the 1st develop. We really need to first get a solid Oline to protect our QB and let our running game flourish to take the pressure off whoever our QB is. And we need to a Dline to hold the rush and hurry the passer.

If it's the right guy you trade up and fill the wholes with free agents.

Look at the Raiders, they were way worse than us and then got Carr and were excellent until he got hurt.

4 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

How bout I throw a new name in the mix who might enter the NFL draft and have a chance to go high in the draft.....What does everyone think of Drew Lock from Missouri. He’s 6’4 or 6’3 225 and put together an incredible stretch of games this year to turn that Missouri program around this year. 

He’s a little more raw than the other guys and had a lower completion percentage at 57% but he pushes the ball vertically more than most college guys. Had 44 TDS and 13 INTS this year. Not advocating for him but he will prob be a 2nd round pick if he comes out and thought he was worth bringing up

He's not ready and has been told to stay in by the draft advisory board, doubt he comes out.

4 hours ago, xRUSHx said:

Mason Rudolph threw for 351 yards and got him game MVP honors, did the game change your mind or did you not watch it all?

I watched the whole game and thought that was the best that I’ve seen him. He’s still not the guy that I want but he played well. He plays in a great scheme with tons of weapons. His accuracy is inconsistent to me and those great receivers have covered it some. Rudolph is more athletic than I give him credit for being. I might be wrong about him but I wouldn’t want him in the 1st. 

16 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I watched the whole game and thought that was the best that I’ve seen him. He’s still not the guy that I want but he played well. He plays in a great scheme with tons of weapons. His accuracy is inconsistent to me and those great receivers have covered it some. Rudolph is more athletic than I give him credit for being. I might be wrong about him but I wouldn’t want him in the 1st. 

I didn't quite see all of last night, I fell asleep mid 3rd Quarter.  But it isn't the best I've seen Rudolph.  He had some outstanding games early against Tulsa and Pitt and Texas Tech.  It is hard to evaluate some of the time when he is playing against shocking defenses, but he does a lot things that I like.  You want someone who gets the ball out on time? He is second only in this class to Josh Rosen by that measurement in my opinion.  You want someone who understands his progressions?  He does that as well as anyone in this class.  

Now he did not play as well the second half of the year.  He did have a dodgy shoulder down the stretch, and that affected him but also a few of the warts in his game showed up too.  The Ok St offense is almost K-Gun like in that it beats you with tempo and with speed. They are the same plays run over and over again to different sides but at a super fast tempo. His ability to digest the volume of what he will need to do at the NFL level is questionable and when teams begun to take some of the staple of their downfield game away I think he struggled to adjust as did his Head Coach.  He isn't a lover of pressure in his face and TCU properly got after him when his O-line was beat up somewhat and caused him t really get flustered in the pocket. I also have this nagging thing with him (and it might be the something missing that you can't quite put your finger on Kirby) that he plays his worst in the biggest moments. The Bedlam game was there for them to win, and he made a critical mistake.  The Texas game that went to OT equally just needed him to make a play at the end and he suddenly lost his rhythm.  I have Mayfield and Rudolph almost neck and neck on tape.  I actually have Rudolph a squeak ahead... but the ability of Mayfield to make plays in the clutch and game on the line in big pressure situations have him above Rudolph on my board. 

I'd still be happy if Rudolph dropped to them and they took him.  I would put a very significant amount of money on him being a better NFL Quarterback than Josh Allen.  

EDIT:  Just to add Kirby - you won't like this - I think Rudolph is the kind of Quarterback the Bills top brass is looking for.  It would not shock me at all if he is the pick.  

Edited by GunnerBill

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I didn't quite see all of last night, I fell asleep mid 3rd Quarter.  But it isn't the best I've seen Rudolph.  He had some outstanding games early against Tulsa and Pitt and Texas Tech.  It is hard to evaluate some of the time when he is playing against shocking defenses, but he does a lot things that I like.  You want someone who gets the ball out on time? He is second only in this class to Josh Rosen by that measurement in my opinion.  You want someone who understands his progressions?  He does that as well as anyone in this class.  

Now he did not play as well the second half of the year.  He did have a dodgy shoulder down the stretch, and that affected him but also a few of the warts in his game showed up too.  The Ok St offense is almost K-Gun like in that it beats you with tempo and with speed. They are the same plays run over and over again to different sides but at a super fast tempo. His ability to digest the volume of what he will need to do at the NFL level is questionable and when teams begun to take some of the staple of their downfield game away I think he struggled to adjust as did his Head Coach.  He isn't a lover of pressure in his face and TCU properly got after him when his O-line was beat up somewhat and caused him t really get flustered in the pocket. I also have this nagging thing with him (and it might be the something missing that you can't quite put your finger on Kirby) that he plays his worst in the biggest moments. The Bedlam game was there for them to win, and he made a critical mistake.  The Texas game that went to OT equally just needed him to make a play at the end and he suddenly lost his rhythm.  I have Mayfield and Rudolph almost neck and neck on tape.  I actually have Rudolph a squeak ahead... but the ability of Mayfield to make plays in the clutch and game on the line in big pressure situations have him above Rudolph on my board. 

I'd still be happy if Rudolph dropped to them and they took him.  I would put a very significant amount of money on him being a better NFL Quarterback than Josh Allen.  

EDIT:  Just to add Kirby - you won't like this - I think Rudolph is the kind of Quarterback the Bills top brass is looking for.  It would not shock me at all if he is the pick.  

I wouldn’t be shocked either (and they were at the game yesterday). I think that the “big game” thing that you mentioned has been one of the things that gave me pause. That’s why I thought yesterday was his best. He played really well in the 2nd half against a Bud Foster defense. He stepped into a few throws over the middle that were pretty impressive and hit some deep balls.

The pressure gets to him (as you mentioned) and I’d imagine he will see a ton of it in the NFL. The other thing, for me, is that I don’t see a lot of upside. He’s played a lot of football. That’s not a bad thing necessarily but I don’t see him ever being this top 10 QB that we are dreaming of. I feel like his ceiling is Dalton (and that’s not meant as in insult). 

On 12/27/2017 at 7:22 AM, CSBill said:

Why do I get the feeling that Baker Mayfield is Johnny Manziel 2.0?

He may be better as a real NFL QB prospect, and let's hope he is way better as a person--but at times, that is questionable (he sure has the same tendencies). Actually, he reminds me a lot of Chad Kelley in both playing and off-field style.

^^^^ This 

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The other thing, for me, is that I don’t see a lot of upside. He’s played a lot of football. That’s not a bad thing necessarily but I don’t see him ever being this top 10 QB that we are dreaming of. I feel like his ceiling is Dalton (and that’s not meant as in insult). 

Okay.  For me the ceiling is Derek Carr - complete with the slightly up and down nature of Carr's career to date.  

Just food for thought, here is Matt Miller's synopsis regarding Rudolph:

Mason Rudolph, Oklahoma State

Senior | 6'4", 235 lbs | No. 41 overall prospect

"The lone senior on this list, Mason Rudolph has incredible numbers operating in Mike Gundy's wide-open Oklahoma State scheme. He carried a Day 3 grade into the season but has shown improved accuracy, decision-making and pocket presence. He also has the most experience of all the quarterbacks listed here. If you follow Bill Parcells' quarterback rules, you'll love Mason Rudolph. Of Parcells' four rules, Rudolph checks the box on all of them. You know who follows Parcells' rules? Tom Coughlin. Rudolph is the type of smart, accurate quarterback the Jaguars need to balance out a great run game and dominant defense."

Also consider, as someone mentioned his lack of accuracy, he has completion % of 62.3% as a Sophmore, 63.4% as a Junior, and 65% as a Senior. He's gone up each year by a percentage point while throwing 21, 28, and 35 TDs respectively. Also his INTs have virtually remained unchanged, at 9,4, & 9... while his yards have also gone up, from 3,770 to 4,091, and this year as a Senior 4,553. He's improved over 800 yards in three seasons, kept his INTs the same, while increasing his TDs by 14. I don't know what kind of NFL Rudolph will be, but IMHO, in a WCO that has a lot to do with timing and giving receivers ability to do YAC, he seems like a good prospect. 

Edit: He also won the Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award

Edited by BigBuff423
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

If it's the right guy you trade up and fill the wholes with free agents.

Look at the Raiders, they were way worse than us and then got Carr and were excellent until he got hurt.

Exactly

News flash every team every year has holes to fill because of the salary cap in free agency

Get the qb first

Then build the team

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’ve been anti-Rudolph. I might be wrong but there is just something missing there for me. He’s the guy that I don’t want.

After last night I honestly think he will be their pick. Rudolph, imo, checked a lot of Beane's boxes throughout the game. He had a slow start, but overcame that to have a very solid game against a secondary that, while it doesn't have any 1st round players, has 3 or 4 guys that I can see going between rounds 3 and 6. He extended some plays and showed more mobility than he had in the past. He performed in a high profile game. He has the size they appear to like.

They may love Darnold, but to me the real question now is do they love him so much more that they are willing to give up 2 more 1sts and a couple day 2 picks for him vs what they'd need to get Rudolph.

I like Rudolph, but I wouldn't discount Mayfield either. The popular boys scare me as west coast QB's. there is always a lot of hype that doesn't come to fruition. Stay where we end up and draft one of these two. They are hungrier I believe.

7 hours ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

I thought he looked very good.

...I thought so as well.....maybe I'm reading too much into it, but it was interesting that Beane himself attended the game versus one of his staff (plenty of former VP of Personnel and Pro Player Personnel Directors under him that he hired)........

How many teams are looking for a QB?  How many 1st round QB are expected?  Where would you project them?  I am worried the team below the Bills will trade up, and the Bills will be left going Lamar Jackson (don't want him) or second tier like Drew Lock:

1.  Darnold - Cleveland.

2.  Rosen - NYG.

3.  Mayfield - Jets.

4.  Allen - Broncos.

5.  Bengals?

6.  Rudolph - Bills (if 1 - 4 happen, then I hope Rudolph is available).

7.  Jacksonville?  Are they really satisfied with Bortles? 

8.  Saints?  Brees is not getting any younger.

9.  Steelers?  Rudolph would be a good fit, and I couldn't handle them trading up in front of the Bills again to get a QB.

10.  New England?  They don't have Jimmy G waiting in the wings anymore. 

11.  Miami - also read somewhere that Miami may be looking to upgrade at QB.

12.  Arizona - thanks for the reminder ColoradoBills....Yes, they need an upgrade. 

In my opinion, if the Bills number 1 goal is to get a top QB from this draft, then they are trading up.  If you want a QB, and don't pick in the top 10, you have to trade up.  In previous drafts, how many QBs were taken in the first round by a team that did not trade up?

Edited by PIZ
  • Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, PIZ said:

How many teams are looking for a QB?  How many 1st round QB are expected?  Where would you project them?  I am worried the team below the Bills will trade up, and the Bills will be left going Lamar Jackson (don't want him) or second tier like Drew Lock:

1.  Darnold - Cleveland.

2.  Rosen - NYG.

3.  Mayfield - Jets.

4.  Allen - Broncos.

5.  Bengals?

6.  Rudolph - Bills (if 1 - 4 happen, then I hope Rudolph is available).

7.  Jacksonville?  Are they really satisfied with Bortles? 

8.  Saints?  Brees is not getting any younger.

9.  Steelers?  Rudolph would be a good fit, and I couldn't handle them trading up in front of the Bills again to get a QB.

10.  New England?  They don't have Jimmy G waiting in the wings anymore. 

We still have 2 2nds to work with. I wouldnt mind packaging both 1sts and one 2nd to move up as high as possible. That would still leave us with a "normal" draft (1 pick in each of the 7 rounds). Not bad.

29 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

So apparently Mayfiield isn't a real drop-back QB....just an athlete? A smaller Tim Tebow? Johnny Manziel 2.0?

Are you saying this, or asking it?

I'd favorably compare him more to a Wilson or Prescott, maybe with a little Mahomes thrown in. He throws it much better than Tebow ever did. He's definitely more of a slinger than a lot of the other athletic QBs. Definitely not a run-first guy. Worst case, he compares to Losman a bit, imo.

42 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

Just about every draft place I look

Look on some better draft places. Matt Miller has him 41st on his big board. Miller and Josh Norris from Rotoworld were much, much closer on the Quarterbacks last year to what the teams thought rather than the same old tired talking heads. 

Rudolph will go in the 1st in my book and if he doesn't he will be off the board inside the first 5 picks of the 2nd round. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I don't think he gains much of anything at the combine. His stock will be effected by the Senior Bowl though imo

I just meant the entire offseason process. "Combine" was my lazy, and I guess inaccurate way, of saying that. Pro days too. All of it.

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Are you saying this, or asking it?

I'd favorably compare him more to a Wilson or Prescott, maybe with a little Mahomes thrown in. He throws it much better than Tebow ever did. He's definitely more of a slinger than a lot of the other athletic QBs. Definitely not a run-first guy. Worst case, he compares to Losman a bit, imo.

I think somewhere on a scale between Johnny Manziel and Russell Wilson is probably about right. He is more accurate and better in the pocket than Manziel ever was. While Mayfield does play some backyard football at times Johnny Football lived and died by it as a college QB. 

He isn't as polished as Wilson, he doesn't have the high character of Wilson but he does have the competitiveness and the production and the arm. He also has the same clutch gene that DeShaun Watson has. The bigger the stakes... the better he seems to play. 

6 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I don't think he gains much of anything at the combine. His stock will be effected by the Senior Bowl though imo

He got a bump last night too. Scouts watching the end of season tape who were asking how much was the injury will have seen him with 3 weeks rest light it up last night and thought "maybe a lot". 

Playing in the Senior Bowl is a really smart move for him. He is someone for whom interview time with teams will be critical. The small playbook at Oklahoma State is going to be a worry and teams will want to test how he can absorb things on the blackboard and process new information quickly

• Like (+1) 1