Bills 2018 opponents confirmed

YoloinOhio

Just an absolutely brutal schedule for a team that's still going to be in transition/rebuilding next season.

Sure some games might not be as difficult as they look now on paper but does anybody really see more than 6 wins against this schedule, especially given the road slate?

Even most of the non division home games look to be guaranteed losses especially against St Doug and the Jags, Chargers and Titans.

18 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Just an absolutely brutal schedule for a team that's still going to be in transition/rebuilding next season.

Sure some games might not be as difficult as they look now on paper but does anybody really see more than 6 wins against this schedule, especially given the road slate?

Even most of the non division home games look to be guaranteed losses especially against St Doug and the Jags, Chargers and Titans.

where have we heard this before?

1 minute ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Not going to lie Teef, I had this team pegged for 3 or 4 wins this year as I'm sure did most realistic fans, experts, etc.

Way too early to make official predictions though but on paper things aren't looking promising again.

considering there's still a draft and FA, we don't know enough as to how the bills will look on paper to even make a prediction.  

1 minute ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Not going to lie Teef, I had this team pegged for 3 or 4 wins this year as I'm sure did most realistic fans, experts, etc.

Way too early to make official predictions though but on paper things aren't looking promising again.

I think the schedule actually looks better than this past seasons myself. Either way though, you can never tell what teams my be good next season or not so.... but looks fine to me. My too early prediction is 10 wins lol

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 6:43 AM, Dopey said:

My crystal ball says 7-9

Losses:

NE x 2

Jags

Titans

Charger's

Texans

Packers 

Vikings

Ravens

Who knows, could be broken.

Why are we losing to Baltimore, Jacksonville and Tennessee?   I think it's broken. 

37 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

You must be a real hit at parties. 

It’s a fools errand to try to predict where teams will be at when we play them. Everyone thought Jets were an easy out and gave us losses against Atl, Denver, Oakland (even Tampa) and KC. Jut impossible to predict who will be good and who will fall off next season 

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/28/2017 at 9:43 AM, frostbitmic said:

I thought it was some rule that for our Thursday night game we play the New Jersey Jets in New Jersey.

You can look it up.  The actual wording of the league rule is, "if you can screw Buffalo, do it."  Thus TD's and fumble recoveries get reversed  on replay and we get the least attractive prime time matchup's, usually on the road.  It's also why we'll probably get the Patriots coming off their bye again in '18.

Really wish our home & away teams were flipped. Rather us play GB & MN at home, but oh well.

Either way, schedule LOOKS better than going into this season. We had a lot of success against the NFC North the last go-around so looking forward to seeing what happens next season.

1 hour ago, SaviorPeterman said:

giphy.gif

Edited by YoloinOhio

Those thinking this is a really hard schedule are crazy. Those teams are beatable, except the Pats, but we face them twice every year!

Vikings and Packers will be tough too. Every other game is winnable.

On 12/26/2017 at 10:25 AM, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I wonder if we would get a Monday night game @ GB or Min

On 12/26/2017 at 10:27 AM, YoloinOhio said:

TNF game will be at NE.

calling it now 

doubt we we have an SNF or MNF

I heard that the MNF games featured playoff teams 

with our luck it's MNF vs NE P *

You are a crazy person. Why on Earth would you be afraid of the Jags, Chargers, and Titans? Those are very flawed teams. This schedule is about as easy as it gets in the NFL.

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

I heard that the MNF games featured playoff teams 

with our luck it's MNF vs NE P *

Yeah I wrote that before we made the playoffs. I didn’t know that’s how they do it with mnf but think the chances of an snf or mnf went up. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

when are you going to take that long walk off a short cliff?

Made the playoffs for 1st time 17yrs. Next year the 0-2 start ends as well.... NEP games in reach. Father Time even caught up to Peyton Manning...... now Tommy’s turn. Looking forward to it!

44 minutes ago, SNICE said:

Made the playoffs for 1st time 17yrs. Next year the 0-2 start ends as well.... NEP games in reach. Father Time even caught up to Peyton Manning...... now Tommy’s turn. Looking forward to it!

We can only hope...but after 3+ years of saying it, I'll just believe it when I see it. That trixy hobbit always finds a way to be good for yet another year.

11 hours ago, JAMIEBUF12 said:

How is it that the Pats finish first and get the Vikings,Packers and Texans at home and the Bills play those teams on the road??? I thought the first place team is supposed to get a lil bit tougher schedule????

the policy has varied the last 40 years, and it's the kind of thing where you don't notice getting a break but see an injustice as a million times worse than a break that you cannot ever remember...

11 hours ago, SNICE said:

10 hours ago, BigDingus said:

We can only hope...but after 3+ years of saying it, I'll just believe it when I see it. That trixy hobbit always finds a way to be good for yet another year.

Love the LotR reference, but hate tarnishing hobbits by associating them with Brady*

At this point, I'm putting my personal expectation of his retirement at age 50, which shouldallow me to be pleasantly surprised. Should

Can't wait until his diet stops working because then I won't mind calling him a stupid, fat hobbit who ruins the rabbit stew. 

11 hours ago, JAMIEBUF12 said:

How is it that the Pats finish first and get the Vikings,Packers and Texans at home and the Bills play those teams on the road??? I thought the first place team is supposed to get a lil bit tougher schedule????

I’m guessing in 2014 the Patriots played the Vikes and Pack on the road?   I think, with the NFC, it alternates.  So whichever two teams you played on the road 4 years ago, you’ll play them at home this year (and vice versa).

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

The reason I think TNF is vs NE is because the Thursday games are almost always division games except for the first game of the year. And the Bills are coming off 4 yrs of TNF vs Miami and Jets. 

they used to be division games but I think that changed this year.   

Week 1: Chiefs at Patriots, Sept. 7 

Week 2: Texans at Bengals, Sept. 14  

Week 3: Rams at 49ers, Sept. 21  

Week 4: Bears at Packers, Sept. 28 

Week 5: Patriots at Buccaneers, Oct. 5  

Week 6: Eagles at Panthers, Oct. 12  

Week 7: Chiefs at Raiders, Oct. 19  

Week 8: Dolphins at Ravens, Oct. 26  

Week 9: Bills at Jets, Nov. 2 

Week 10: Seahawks at Cardinals, Nov. 9  

Week 11: Titans at Steelers, Nov. 16 

Week 12: Giants at Redskins, Nov. 23 

Week 13: Redskins at Cowboys, Nov. 30  

Week 14: Saints at Falcons, Dec. 7  

Week 15: Broncos at Colts, Dec. 14  

1 minute ago, Jamie Nails said:

And yet every game is winnable, with the likely exception of the Pats 

Of course every game is winnable that is played, but the only thing that matters is if you win big betting on the upset.

Outside of the AFC East (NE, Miami and NY Jets), the Bills three play off teams, two that just missed out, three getting good QBs back from injuriies.  No easy marks on the schedule.  It will be a tough season but the Bills showed that with roster that was turned over in one off season that they can make it back to the playoffs.  Deep draft and extra prime round selections they can add need talent.   I see them, depending on how the schedule is laid out ], 9 wins again.